Sponsored

SCT X4 and Aeroforce Fuel Pressure Sensor Firewire for Data logging

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I have a 0-150psi Aeroforce fuel pressure sensor I'm putting on my 2015 Mustang GT to keep an eye on rail pressure on E85. The instructions for the aeroforce sensor say it needs a dedicated 5v source. The SCT X4 firewire has two connectors (white for +5v ext and black for ground), as well as a pair of connectors for analog 1 and 2. Do these two leads (white and black) provide 5v? I tried to verify if they did by putting a voltmeter across the two and it just powered the X4 off and did not show a reading.

The aeroforce sensor has a red and black for 5v source and ground, and a blue wire for the output voltage to the X4 (which I connect through the fire wire analog input wire).

What I'm trying to determine is whether or not the X4 supplies 5v or if it just accepts 5v.

Also, the aeroforce instructions say to run the blue wire to the device, but the X4 has an analog 1/2 and analog 1/2 ground wire. Do I have to use a ground wire to complete the circuit of the blue wire by grounding the x4 cable analog ground? I'm thinking, maybe, since the unit is powered via 5v, sends a signal through the blue wire, but has no exit path.

Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Figured it out. Yes the X4 supplies 5v to sensors through the fire wire. No you do not need to ground the wire on the analog, at least not in this instance.

I found with ID1000's and a BAP, my typical cruising fuel pressure is about 55, and at redline can drop as low as 45 on pump gas tuning at 12-13 psi. That's on 18v setting, haven't logged 22v yet.

Tapatalk spelling errors inside!