OP

Bonedizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Finally, after 1 week and 1 day, I get a response that says I need to get the stock file recovered from SCT (or reflashed by Ford) so I can use the RTD. Seems like good information that I could have used last week to get the ball rolling, instead of twiddling my thumbs for 8 days not doing anything.

This response was from whoever monitors their Facebook account. The actual tuner sent me an email at basically the same time with generic instructions on how to set up the RTD device for the first time..... like insert into OBD2 port to retrieve your stock tune file. You know, after I told him I don't have a stock tune file to retrieve.

On a side note, when you have an RTD device and you want to switch tuners, you do not need to purchase more credits to use a different tuner.

so TL;DR

1. If your SCT device fails, and you want to switch to an RTD, you NEED your stock tune file, either uploaded from another SCT device or reflashed by Ford. The SCT tune on your car is scrambled, so the RTD will not be able to read it.

2. If you have an RTD and are using it for Tuner A now, you do not need more credits to use it for Tuner B.
Sponsored