Sponsored

SCT BDX Preloaded Tunes for 2020 Mustang GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So I ordered the JLT CAI and an SCT BDX Tuner, but I have heard little things that there are no pre-loaded tunes for a 2020 Mustang GT on this device. Is this right, and will it only do custom tunes? I would like to just do a can tune right now, and plan on reaching out to a tuner later.
Just want to know if I may have bought these and won't be able to use them until a custom tune is done.

Cheers from Montana
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
So I ordered the JLT CAI and an SCT BDX Tuner, but I have heard little things that there are no pre-loaded tunes for a 2020 Mustang GT on this device. Is this right, and will it only do custom tunes? I would like to just do a can tune right now, and plan on reaching out to a tuner later.
Just want to know if I may have bought these and won't be able to use them until a custom tune is done.

Cheers from Montana
I would not recommend using any of the canned tunes anyways and just use the device as a tool to load custom tunes. But have heard the more recent BDX devices don't include them anyways so seems to be normal. And since you are running a 2020 would recommend using oem intake with a drop in filter as it flows efficiently and keeps iats down where the JLT will sky rocket iats. Of course if you live in a cold climate year round or are outside of the return period it's a moot point.

Edit: just realized you referenced being from Montana so maybe iats are less of a concern there.

OP
OP
2018RoyalCrimson
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Got my BDX tuner today. Found out, that there are no pre-loaded tunes for my 2020 Mustang GT. So this means that I'm just skipping over that canned tune step and going custom tuning. Haha

With that in mind, and I will start doing my research on the forum, which custom tuners support the SCT/BDX device? I have seen that some only support specific devices, and since I purchased this BDX, gotta find one that is compatible.

Thanks

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Got my BDX tuner today. Found out, that there are no pre-loaded tunes for my 2020 Mustang GT. So this means that I'm just skipping over that canned tune step and going custom tuning. Haha

With that in mind, and I will start doing my research on the forum, which custom tuners support the SCT/BDX device? I have seen that some only support specific devices, and since I purchased this BDX, gotta find one that is compatible.

Thanks
AED still supports SCT. Shaun is a wizard on the platform. Excellent performance and service. If available in your area consider getting a flex / e85 tune from them.

OP
OP
2018RoyalCrimson
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thanks guys. This helps me get started. I'll look into both.
Unfortunately, no e85 in Montana. Have no idea why we don't have it hear. Have to travel out of state to get it. I have heard of people going and filling up barrels of it, and transporting it back, but that's a bit too much work for me.

Thanks

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Even if it did come with preloaded tunes, I would highly recommend a custom tune. Even if all you have is a JLT intake, the tune is going to be the biggest notable mod you can do to the car as it will do more than just add power. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message anytime. We are the biggest dealer for several different tune options. Lethalperformance.com
Sponsored