Sponsored

Scratched interior... :(

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
So I did the silly mistake of letting in a passenger... and now I find tiny scratches in the glove compartment door.

Anyone got any suggestions to smooth these out? They aren't too deep I think (or long)... but with the low sun we're having here now it's really catching it.
Sponsored

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm sorry to hear about that, but for me cars are built to be used. And with that comes dents, scratches and whatnot.

If it is plastic you could use the regular plastic "revitalisation" sprays that are common. If it is a deep scratch, nothing will erase that unfortunately.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Yea I know, was of the same opinion previously. But this is my first new car (and it's still pretty new just over 2 months, not to mention the insane cost - it's not like I live in Sweden ;) ) and I was hoping to stave off any "beauty marks" for as long as I can...

Will look into these plastic revitalisation sprays... unless someone has something more specific to suggest. (Fortunately they are not too deep, but they catch my OCD everytime I glance right...)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Try to avoid silicone based cockpit sprays. They just make your plastic shiny and sticky, yuk.

lightnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT
Good luck if you change drivers very much. Wife and I swap and move the seat regularly. We have had our gt 8 months and the side of the console is all scratched up from the female side of the seat belt sliding back and forth. Not very happy with that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
1 driver only :D

Thank god :D

However, during my wash today I found several "rock chips" in the paint :'( (it's sun outside so I can see now...) guess I need to order than Dr Colorchip stuff!

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I did the silly mistake of letting in a passenger... and now I find tiny scratches in the glove compartment door.

Anyone got any suggestions to smooth these out? They aren't too deep I think (or long)... but with the low sun we're having here now it's really catching it.
Got a picture to show the extent of the scratch?, we can maybe suggest a fix more accurately )

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
iphone refused to photograph it!!! going to grab my camera tomorrow... I guess the scratch is at a certain angle that shows up more in light when I'm in the driver seat... was hard to see from the passenger seat (funny that, since it was a passenger that scratched it with his bag... it's riding in the trunk next time...!)
Sponsored