Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Covid politics are alive and well throughout the world. It's definitely real and can definitely kill, but typically is harder on elderly or people with pre-existing conditions. The news is always quick to play up the COVID card immediately without ever mentioning any background. They blantantly included he was anti-vax in the article, how is that not a side? Why was that included if not to threaten and scare those that have not got the vaccine. Politics is alive and well.
Anyone who is 74 with "health conditions" like Meat Loaf should have enough brains to realize that they are the ideal candidate to get vaccinated. How's the saying go? ... he paid the ultimate price for "freedom". Freedom and intelligence don't always coincide.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
we are all responsible for our own actions and should be able to make that choice as well. No one person should have a right to dictate another persons well being, period.
The part you're forgetting about is that the Gov't has the right to protect the country as a whole. It's been done before in other situations, and other countries practice the same basic processes. Do you think the USA should just ignore it all together in the name of "freedom"?

You do realize your kid will have to get manditory vaccinations to be educated in public schools. What are you going to do about that?

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I think if you wanted to be a bus driver or pilot then refuse to wear a seatbelt would get you fired.

Your last paragraph nails it - with freedom and choice comes responsibility as you say. There are plenty of situations where you are 'dictated to' about your behaviour - that is why we have laws. Your freedoms are limited by those laws and responsibility to others, otherwise you are just in anarchy.
If you were a bus driver or pilot and directly responsible for the death of people due to the fact you were not wearing your seatbelt, you’d be tried and face those consequences.
You're trying to deflect that it was Covid that did him in, and think he was going to die from everything else on the day he died - which he really wasn't. He was active doing stuff in life he was still interested in, not laying at home dying. He made choices, and the ramifications that resulted in his decisions was his own doing. That's how life works. Everyone has the right to make decisions and do the things they do in life, and they will "reap what they sow" ... as the saying goes.
No, I’m saying it’s speculative to say the reason he died was because he was unvaccinated, when vaccinated people die of COVID as well. In most cases of COVID death is not 100% healthy people, there’s typically an underlying additional health issue. I’m saying it’s bold to outright say his death was because he was unvaccinated.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The part you're forgetting about is that the Gov't has the right to protect the country as a whole. It's been done before in other situations, and other countries practice the same basic processes. Do you think the USA should just ignore it all together in the name of "freedom"?

You do realize your kid will have to get manditory vaccinations to be educated in public schools. What are you going to do about that?
The difference is the vaccinations required for school children have been around for a long time and the short and long term effects have been known and most mitigated over time. I have side effects from this vaccine that I continue to live with despite maybe never needing to take a vaccine as have otherwise always been in perfect health.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I’m saying it’s speculative to say the reason he died was because he was unvaccinated, when vaccinated people die of COVID as well. In most cases of COVID death is not 100% healthy people, there’s typically an underlying additional health issue. I’m saying it’s bold to outright say his death was because he was unvaccinated.
Based on the data, him dying from Covid while not being vaccinated is way more likely than not. You say you're not "anti-vax", but everything you post says otherwise.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The difference is the vaccinations required for school children have been around for a long time and the short and long term effects have been known and most mitigated over time. I have side effects from this vaccine that I continue to live with despite maybe never needing to take a vaccine as have otherwise always been in perfect health.
And just what are your on-going side effects from the vaccine? You go to a doctor to see what they say about it?

No vaccine is "perfect", but the data on the Covid vaccine doesn't show that it's any more "dangerous" than any others that have been used a long time.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Based on the data, him dying from not being vaccinated is way more likely than not. You say you're not "anti-vax", but everything you post says otherwise.
My entire point was that his death was used by media as a vaccine advertisement. Why is that okay?

because I believe people should be able to freely make their own choice I’m anti-vax? If people determine they want to take it, I’m not opposing them from taking it, just as if people chose not to want to take it, I’m not opposing them either. You’re taking a stance that anyone that isn’t actively pushing for entire world population to get vaccinated is anti-vax.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My entire point was that his death was used by media as a vaccine advertisement. Why is that okay?
What's wrong with saying he died from Covid? ... regardless if he was vaccinated or not. Fact is, if he was fully vaccinated his likelihood of still being alive would be way better than if he wasn't. That's the point that's been being made for a year now. You are probably upset about those anti-tobacco commercials too where they show someone who has a big hole in their throat talking like a robot.

because I believe people should be able to freely make their own choice I’m anti-vax? If people determine they want to take it, I’m not opposing them from taking it, just as if people chose not to want to take it, I’m not opposing them either. You’re taking a stance that anyone that isn’t actively pushing for entire world population to get vaccinated is anti-vax.
Like I said earlier, if someone doesn't want to get vaccinated then they "reap what they sow". If they happen to be unvaccinated and die from Covid then that was the result of making their own decisions. Nothing wrong with that ... I could care less if they make that decision or not. But I do have a problem with anyone who infringes on my life by doing something that could impact my life ... that goes for anything in life. If I had a bunch if unvaccinated people walking around without a mask on at work and breathing all over me, then I'd have a problem with that, as an example. If some crazy driver was passing cars and putting me into a near head-on crash situation, I'd have a problem with that. Do you think you have the complete "freedom" to impact other people's well being?

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
So
And just what are your on-going side effects from the vaccine? You go to a doctor to see what they say about it?

No vaccine is "perfect", but the data on the Covid vaccine doesn't show that it's any more "dangerous" than any others that have been used a long time.
now you’re questioning my personal integrity and my doctor’s experience. Wow the onslaught never ends.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So now you’re questioning my personal integrity and my doctor’s experience. Wow the onslaught never ends.
Nope, just wondering what these on-going symptoms are, and if you've had it looked into. You said you had some, so what are they? How do you know it's not long term symptoms from having Covid?

Last edited:

Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Nope, just wondering what these on-going symptoms are, and if you've had it looked into. You said you had some, so what are they? How do you know it's not long term symptoms from having Covid?
If you read up, I’ve already explained it all.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Covid politics are alive and well throughout the world. It's definitely real and can definitely kill, but typically is harder on elderly or people with pre-existing conditions. The news is always quick to play up the COVID card immediately without ever mentioning any background. They blantantly included he was anti-vax in the article, how is that not a side? Why was that included if not to threaten and scare those that have not got the vaccine. Politics is alive and well.

I can obviously see you're on team COVID and probably enjoy seeing people who are anti-vaccine get the virus and die.
I’d suggest they reported his vax status because it’s pertinent to his cause of death. As has been made abundantly clear by the data, he most likely would still be here if he had been vaccinated,

Thats not a political rant, it’s a statement of FACT. That you see it as a political issue is weird.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Given what happened to him, anyone with a brain should be doing exactly that - threaten and scare - or just show consequences of their own choices - to those that have not gotten the vaccine. Nothing political about it.

If this was political, they would say nothing - this way more anti-vaxxers would die and not vote anymore. Pure political gain.
Never interrupt you opponent while they’re making a mistake.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ah so you’re okay with bullying people to ensure they put something in their own bodies to make you feel safer? When did it become okay to tell another human what they should do with their own person? This is setting an extremely dangerous precedent. One I wholeheartedly do not agree with.
I don’t know when it became ok to tell another human what they should do with their own person. Perhaps you should ask the pro-life brigade that same question?
Sponsored