Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Given what happened to him, anyone with a brain should be doing exactly that - threaten and scare - or just show consequences of their own choices - to those that have not gotten the vaccine. Nothing political about it.

If this was political, they would say nothing - this way more anti-vaxxers would die and not vote anymore. Pure political gain.
Ah so youā€™re okay with bullying people to ensure they put something in their own bodies to make you feel safer? When did it become okay to tell another human what they should do with their own person? This is setting an extremely dangerous precedent. One I wholeheartedly do not agree with.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Ah so youā€™re okay with bullying people to ensure they put something in their own bodies to make you feel safer? When did it become okay to tell another human what they should do with their own person? This is setting an extremely dangerous precedent. One I wholeheartedly do not agree with.
If someone feels bullied by this, he/she has some bigger issues.... All from people that at some point used "snowflake"as their everyday favorite word. Don't you see irony in this ? Anything that was published isn't true ?

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
If someone feels bullied by this, he/she has some bigger issues.... All from people that at some point used "snowflake"as their everyday favorite word. Don't you see irony in this ? Anything that was published isn't true ?
So now youā€™ve decided the people not getting vaccinated are all right wing republicans. Interesting.
People are being worse than bullied, theyā€™re losing their jobs, their livelihoods, friends, family and probably more to come. People are being shoehorned into a discrimated demographic. Again, a very dangerous precedent.

itā€™s a vaccine today, what will it be next?

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Do you wear a seatbelt? Are your children up to date with their infant vaccinations?
Are you asking me personally?

I donā€™t see 24/7 coverage of seatbelts or infant vaccinations. Not do I see constant coverage of heart disease, obesity, smoking, etc.

I have yet to see the masses losing their jobs because they decided they donā€™t like wearing their seatbelt. Nor are parentā€™s of children that are pre-covid antivax been targeted for their beliefs.

I am not anti-vax or pro-vax, Iā€™m pro choice. My issue is the media and government push to force people to be vaccinated or face the consequences.

That being said, I was forced to be vaccinated or lose my career. That shouldnā€™t have been a choice I was forced to make.

I contracted COVID in Dec of 2020 along with my girlfriend prior to there being a vaccine. I had almost no symptoms aside from loss of taste and smell, my girlfriend had symptoms more similar to the flu. Both of us were over it within days. We continued our lives without issue. 8 months later I was given the ultimatum to get vaccinated or lose my entire career. I chose to get vaccinated and continue to provide for my family. Within a week of being vaccinated I started getting sore muscles and a dry mouth. These arenā€™t serious complications and plenty will argue itā€™s better than dying. Sure, but I already had some natural immunity, Whos to say I wouldnā€™t have been fine? Iā€™m a perfectly healthy adult. I have not had COVID since. While away for work, my now pregnant girlfriend recently got Covid again. Similar symptoms as last time slightly les severe, past it in a couple days. She made the choice not to suscept herself to a vaccine while pregnant as thereā€™s no long term studies on effects yet and I supported her decision and wouldā€™ve supported her either way. Itā€™s her body even though itā€™s also my child. I would suspect that our child probably has some sort of natural immunity now as well.

All that being said, I personally know vaccinated people that have had Covid multiple times. And unvaccinated people that have never had it or at least never been symptomatic. I personally know vaccinated people that have died and tested positive for COVID. One was in their 80ā€™s and one was in their 40ā€™s. I also personally know one unvaccinated that has also died and tested positive for COVID.

again, Iā€™m not for or against, but I am pro choice and I do believe itā€™s being unnecessarily pushed to dramatic levels.

we are all responsible for our own actions and should be able to make that choice as well. No one person should have a right to dictate another persons well being, period.

Last edited:

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Understood. My point was only to indicate that there are situations we all have to deal with where the government or whomever has told us we must comply with something we may or may not feel comfortable with, like wearing a seatbelt. Im sorry about your friends who have had bad Covid outcomes or died. I have several as well and it sucks.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Understood. My point was only to indicate that there are situations we all have to deal with where the government or whomever has told us we must comply with something we may or may not feel comfortable with, like wearing a seatbelt. Im sorry about your friends who have had bad Covid outcomes or died. I have several as well and it sucks.
Agreed, thereā€™s plenty of complianceā€™s weā€™ve already grown to live with. More than we should probably allow. Articles like the one about Meatloaf upset me because they bring the vax/anti-vax agenda in. Canā€™t we just say this person has passed and theyā€™ll be missed without making it a platform for ideological warfare? Weā€™re one step away from listing obituaries with vaccination statuses and last 5 covid tests.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Covid politics are alive and well throughout the world. It's definitely real and can definitely kill, but typically is harder on elderly or people with pre-existing conditions. The news is always quick to play up the COVID card immediately without ever mentioning any background. They blantantly included he was anti-vax in the article, how is that not a side? Why was that included if not to threaten and scare those that have not got the vaccine. Politics is alive and well.

I can obviously see you're on team COVID and probably enjoy seeing people who are anti-vaccine get the virus and die.
Complete rubbish. Of course his vaccine status is relevant to his death from COVID. The effectiveness of the vaccine is beyond doubt. Pointing out he was unvaccinated and died from COVID does not constitute taking a 'side' it is just reporting facts.

With the freedom to not be vaccinated come consequences, what is wrong with pointing those out.

I take no joy from seeing those not vaccinated die - I pity their stupidity and the families they leave behind.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
But what about the clogging up of healthcare services with unvaccinated people sick with COVID that may well mean other diseases don't get treated quickly. Again when personal freedoms come at the expense of others, then there are consequences.

Most people have readily chosen to be vaccinated for their own benefit and those of others.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Are you asking me personally?

I donā€™t see 24/7 coverage of seatbelts or infant vaccinations.

we are all responsible for our own actions and should be able to make that choice as well. No one person should have a right to dictate another persons well being, period.
I think if you wanted to be a bus driver or pilot then refuse to wear a seatbelt would get you fired.

Your last paragraph nails it - with freedom and choice comes responsibility as you say. There are plenty of situations where you are 'dictated to' about your behaviour - that is why we have laws. Your freedoms are limited by those laws and responsibility to others, otherwise you are just in anarchy.

Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
But what about the clogging up of healthcare services with unvaccinated people sick with COVID that may well mean other diseases don't get treated quickly. Again when personal freedoms come at the expense of others, then there are consequences.

Most people have readily chosen to be vaccinated for their own benefit and those of others.
Firsthand, I can only speak locally and I can tell you the reason healthcare services are busier than normal here is because they let half their workforce go because they didnā€™t want to be vaccinated. Secondly the hype is so built up, people get a cough and immediately run to the emergency room. My cousin works a local clinic and they spend an absurd amount of time testing negative people because they couldnā€™t smell something that day. While I understand if youā€™re a high risk person, that may be necessary, the majority of cases are not. Iā€™m sure larger cities are compounded with multiple factors, including surges of actual COVID, but locally to me, there is no overrun. Just higher than normal traffic because of workforce shortages and false positives.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Complete rubbish. Of course his vaccine status is relevant to his death from COVID. The effectiveness of the vaccine is beyond doubt. Pointing out he was unvaccinated and died from COVID does not constitute taking a 'side' it is just reporting facts.

With the freedom to not be vaccinated come consequences, what is wrong with pointing those out.

I take no joy from seeing those not vaccinated die - I pity their stupidity and the families they leave behind.
Iā€™m sure his family appreciates him being used ā€œas an exampleā€ instead of mourning their loved one.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Firsthand, I can only speak locally and I can tell you the reason healthcare services are busier than normal here is because they let half their workforce go because they didnā€™t want to be vaccinated. Secondly the hype is so built up, people get a cough and immediately run to the emergency room. My cousin works a local clinic and they spend an absurd amount of time testing negative people because they couldnā€™t smell something that day. While I understand if youā€™re a high risk person, that may be necessary, the majority of cases are not. Iā€™m sure larger cities are compounded with multiple factors, including surges of actual COVID, but locally to me, there is no overrun. Just higher than normal traffic because of workforce shortages and false positives.
Don't think it was quite 'half the workforce'

More like less than 1%

How many employees have hospitals lost to vaccine mandates? Here are the numbers so far | FierceHealthcare

Far more are off sick with COVID (as was the case in the UK in December)

Seems even in Oklahoma things are considerably worse than you are suggesting

COVID tears through state: Oklahoma City hospitals in crisis again (oklahoman.com)

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Hospital Capacity in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma: Data indicates the hospital's bed occupancy, but do not represent local hospitals surge plans to accommodate more patients. | oklahoman.com

ā€˜Like a war zone:ā€™ Oklahoma City hospitals are in crisis again as COVID-19 tears through state (yahoo.com)

'False positive' test results are extremely rare, especially in areas of high incidence. They are effectively irrelevant in an omicron wave.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
He had extremely severe back pain even after four surgeries. He had a severe heart condition and had a heart attack on stage and heart surgery. He's been asked about his health for decades, including severe alcoholism among other things. He was anything but the pinnacle of health.
You're trying to deflect that it was Covid that did him in, and think he was going to die from everything else on the day he died - which he really wasn't. He was active doing stuff in life he was still interested in, not laying at home dying. He made choices, and the ramifications that resulted in his decisions was his own doing. That's how life works. Everyone has the right to make decisions and do the things they do in life, and they will "reap what they sow" ... as the saying goes.
Sponsored