Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Figured some of you might find this interesting.
Given the ~93% vax rate, it makes for a really good analysis of vaccine efficacy re hospitalisation.

Looking at the December figures exclusively, we see that the unvaccinated 7% make up 52% of hospitalisations and 100% of ICU admissions.

Showed the figures to my antivax mate and he says ā€œitā€™s just government propaganda mateā€.

I give up. I really do.

https://covidlive.com.au/report/daily-vaccination-status/vic
Iā€™ve given up too. No convincing some of the truth and I have essentially purged them from my life. It is what it is.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Given the ~93% vax rate, it makes for a really good analysis of vaccine efficacy re hospitalisation.

Looking at the December figures exclusively, we see that the unvaccinated 7% make up 52% of hospitalisations and 100% of ICU admissions.

Showed the figures to my antivax mate and he says ā€œitā€™s just government propaganda mateā€.

I give up. I really do.

https://covidlive.com.au/report/daily-vaccination-status/vic
Well the obvious answer to that is 'where is your data to prove me wrong mate!' I can say the sky is green but without evidence who will believe me.

The other thing is if this really is a conspiracy there really are a lot of people in on it. There are well over a million people work in the NHS here who would all need paying off to fiddle the figures!

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
https://apple.news/AXfzC9wuGTH-h54EV5Oj3Eg

Pretty good summary of where hospitals are and how overwhelming and defeating it has become. Unfortunately, public support is not what it once was and lots of burnout. I remember people clapping and cheering from their balconies during hospital shift changes in the early stages of the virus.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Yes, brain washed zombies live in Oz too. Maybe he got one of those anti-vax notices on his door. šŸ˜„

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
A zoom on the last month shows UK has peaked a few days ago - perhaps @Gregs24 can confirm. His note that we are 2 weeks behind seems valid - we should peak in about 10 days.
UK figures need viewing with caution. London has peaked, probably about 10 days ago but other parts of the country are still climbing. Having said that testing lags infection by about 7 to 10 days so in reality UK as a whole has probably just peaked. With doubling every 2 days when the numbers get big hosts run out suddenly.

Hospitalisations rising steeply here, but so far deaths not rising (but lag effect suggests a bit early to tell)

Can you imagine if the early strains had been this contagious ?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, brain washed zombies live in Oz too. Maybe he got one of those anti-vax notices on his door. šŸ˜„
Indeed.
He sent me this one recentlyā€¦
Reluctantly, I took the time to disassemble it for him (Not difficult when itā€™s such an obvious mess).
I also pointed out the logical flaws in the ā€œargumentā€ being presented. None of it penetrated.

I then mentioned to him that I tested positive for Covid on Friday. Of course, that furthered his evidence that the vaccines donā€™t work. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Fever, headache and fatigue for ~48 hours. Feeling about 95% right now.

As to the issue of the numbers coming out of Australia at the momentā€¦
Test results are typically taking 5 days to be processed. The demand for home RAT kits means that thereā€™s often no test kits on the shelves.

Iā€˜d suggest that the numbers are not only lagging but quite misleading. Eg. Cases simply arenā€™t being reported due to lack of testing availability.

69DA040B-934E-4D64-AC1A-883C626A71F1.jpeg

5E01B069-A973-4F26-AA08-DF060D75D498.png

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
UK figures need viewing with caution. London has peaked, probably about 10 days ago but other parts of the country are still climbing. Having said that testing lags infection by about 7 to 10 days so in reality UK as a whole has probably just peaked. With doubling every 2 days when the numbers get big hosts run out suddenly.

Hospitalisations rising steeply here, but so far deaths not rising (but lag effect suggests a bit early to tell)

Can you imagine if the early strains had been this contagious ?
Early strains + this contagious - vaccine = šŸ˜³

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Buncha Lemmings.................. (yah on both sides)

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Indeed.
He sent me this one recentlyā€¦
Reluctantly, I took the time to disassemble it for him (Not difficult when itā€™s such an obvious mess).
I also pointed out the logical flaws in the ā€œargumentā€ being presented. None of it penetrated.

I then mentioned to him that I tested positive for Covid on Friday. Of course, that furthered his evidence that the vaccines donā€™t work. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Fever, headache and fatigue for ~48 hours. Feeling about 95% right now.

As to the issue of the numbers coming out of Australia at the momentā€¦
Test results are typically taking 5 days to be processed. The demand for home RAT kits means that thereā€™s often no test kits on the shelves.

Iā€˜d suggest that the numbers are not only lagging but quite misleading. Eg. Cases simply arenā€™t being reported due to lack of testing availability.

69DA040B-934E-4D64-AC1A-883C626A71F1.jpeg

5E01B069-A973-4F26-AA08-DF060D75D498.png
Your Oz zombie latches on to what he want's to see regardless of the info and data available. The global death rate is more like 1.8% of confirmed Covid cases (1.4% death rate in the USA). So if every person on Earth caught Covid, then one could say if the death rate scaled, then 1.8% of the Earth's population would die. The world population is 7.92 billion, so 1.8% of that would be 142.5 million people.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

1641700201232.png

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Your Oz zombie latches on to what he want's to see regardless of the info and data available. The global death rate is more like 1.8% of confirmed Covid cases (1.4% death rate in the USA). So if every person on Earth caught Covid, then one could say if the death rate scaled, then 1.8% of the Earth's population would die. The world population is 7.92 billion, so 1.8% of that would be 142.5 million people.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

1641700201232.png
Get your sentiment but faulty math. We have been over this many times - you keep using case fatality rate but the reality is infection fatality rate which is ~ 0.5%.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get your sentiment but faulty math. We have been over this many times - you keep using case fatality rate but the reality is infection fatality rate which is ~ 0.5%.
I'm taking it that a "case" of Covid is an "infection", which would be the "Global Confirmed" (cases/infections) number in the data above. If not, why ... and where are the numbers relating to the ~0.5% global death rate ?
Sponsored