Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
WHO chief: Blanket booster drives risk prolonging pandemic (msn.com)
Hello; I posted a similar link a while back. Similar criticism about booster shots before some have a first shot.
Only 62% of the US is fully vaccinated as of right now. There is plenty of vaccine for everyone in the US to get vaccinated, but people just don't want to get vaccinated. The US sends lots of vaccine to other countries. If the WHO or whoever is managing the vaccine donations correctly is another topic.

1640204827480.png
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
You also posted how great natural immunity isā€¦ and how people who had Covid donā€™t need a shot.

First person in the US to die of omicron had Covid beforeā€¦ but didnā€™t get the vaccine.

Congratulations.
Quote GTpony
"So what's your trolling point? We all know (at least the ones keeping up) that the vaccine isn't 100% effective for everyone. And as others have said, if he didnt' get any shots he probably wouldn't be posting right now. Obviously his "natural" immune system isn't up to the task either."
end quote

Hello; your crew does not work well together. In one post it is "congratulations" implying my stance about natural immunity is responsible for the one death associate with the newest strain of covid. By the way the person is reported to have had co-morbidities. So perhaps ii is a case of died with covid rather than died from covid.
I later post about someone testing positive for omicron who is very ill who has three vaccine shots and the point escapes some of you.

There is a new point with omicron. That being as an RNA virus moves thru a population it will mutate. That is the nature of an RNA virus. So, it is not a surprise that a new mutant strain will defeat both natural and vaccine immunity.
Even for the earlier variants including Delta, the virus was infecting fully vaccinated people is old news.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; I see you did not read for content. I do not have to wonder. He actually has claimed to have taken three (3) vaccine shots. Whatever spin you are going for is not working.
So far he is very ill, not dead.
Sorry for not being clear.

Ask him if he thinks getting the vaccine was a good idea. That it in fact saved his life.

I posit that if he had not be vaccinated, he would be dead (or damn near).

That better?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quote GTpony
"So what's your trolling point? We all know (at least the ones keeping up) that the vaccine isn't 100% effective for everyone. And as others have said, if he didnt' get any shots he probably wouldn't be posting right now. Obviously his "natural" immune system isn't up to the task either."
end quote

Hello; your crew does not work well together. In one post it is "congratulations" implying my stance about natural immunity is responsible for the one death associate with the newest strain of covid. By the way the person is reported to have had co-morbidities. So perhaps ii is a case of died with covid rather than died from covid.
I later post about someone testing positive for omicron who is very ill who has three vaccine shots and the point escapes some of you.

There is a new point with omicron. That being as an RNA virus moves thru a population it will mutate. That is the nature of an RNA virus. So, it is not a surprise that a new mutant strain will defeat both natural and vaccine immunity.
Even for the earlier variants including Delta, the virus was infecting fully vaccinated people is old news.
Nothing but name calling and put downs here.

Right?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Sorry for not being clear.

Ask him if he thinks getting the vaccine was a good idea. That it in fact saved his life.

I posit that if he had not be vaccinated, he would be dead (or damn near).

That better?
Hello; much easier to understand. I do not know if any fully vaccinated will die. I would much rather lose a discussion point in this thread and have no one else die from covid at all.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
My wife was with one of them that contracted it and she waited a few days and then had a pcr test. She tested negative. This Omicron has really ramped up here in Illinois and is so contagious now, that we are seeing daily cases exceeding those from before the vaccine. I would not want to be out in public without the full 3 doses. So sorry about your son
Son is fine now thanks but it does demonstrate the 'COVID only makes old people sick' is a myth. 'omicron will be a dramatic but potentially short lived peak in the US as well but I wouldn't want to be facing it in a low vaccine uptake state

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Only 62% of the US is fully vaccinated as of right now. There is plenty of vaccine for everyone in the US to get vaccinated, but people just don't want to get vaccinated. The US sends lots of vaccine to other countries. If the WHO or whoever is managing the vaccine donations correctly is another topic.

1640204827480.png
That is nowhere near enough, the UK is managing close to a million a day at present. Probably too late now for the US so the peak will be huge. Remember it isn't just the dead people, it is the thousands in hospital, the healthcare workers going off sick (Some London hospitals have 40% staff off sick / isolating with COVID at the moment) and the fact that loads of people will be off work affecting supply chains and basic facilities.

My son is a commercial pilot and his airline has 40% of pilots currently off sick and 50% of cabin crew. Most will not go near a hospital because they are vaccinated and boosted, but the planes will not be flying, same with busses, trains, lorries delivering food. And we have good vaccination and booster rates, it can only be worse in the US.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Speaking of science and EVs - I'm in a debate on another board about FCEVs vs EVs. I don't see the point of FCEVs with all the advances happening. MB just announced a new EV with a 700+ mile range.
I'd say the short answer: in the here-and-now, it's no longer competitive as a viable passenger car / consumer technology given the current state of BEVs (just like you said).

I say consumer since I think there's some vertical application, heavy machinery, maybe shipping, etc., where there's a fixed location or specific endpoints in the transport.

The longer answer is an interesting discussion. One issue is the overall efficiency and power costs to get H2 into your car. It's costly, and natural gas conversion isn't even ZE (there are options for ZE). The costs involved to the end consumer and lack of convenience vs. home charging totally favors BEV - FC cars can fuel faster, but being able to fuel at home is a major advantage for many.

most-efficient-automobiles_dd4b0090-32a8-4237-a733-67ad311ff617.png

Tesla was a major disrupter, companies like Toyota were dragging their ass, claiming that hydrogen was the future but not making any progress at a scale that would give it any kind of consumer adoption. Then Tesla says, "Look, we've got pretty efficient BEVs and we're going to spend billions on high performance chargers for public use".

Plus home charging. Vs. a super limited infrastructure, with no home equivalence, that's more costly - I think there's maybe an alternate universe where the couple of major manufacturers actually went into H2 aggressively, built out the infrastructure, had some economy of scale, and BEVs didn't advance so quickly but that's just not our reality.

Tomorrow, if there was an FCEV, with stellar performance, killer tech, and there were dozens of H2 stations around me, and long our typical longer range routes, even at the distribution of Superchargers, I might consider one - though this home "refueling" is such a game changer, probably not, and now with 300+ mile range BEVs becoming standard, and 500-700 mile range cars in the very near future, even more likely not :)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; much easier to understand. I do not know if any fully vaccinated will die. I would much rather lose a discussion point in this thread and have no one else die from covid at all.
The way it's going, you are "saving" a lot of people by losing every discussion point ever brought up. šŸ‘ šŸ˜„

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is nowhere near enough, the UK is managing close to a million a day at present.
Too many misguieded people in the USA influenced and hypnotized by nutjob propaganda all over the place - they are the "zombie sheople". The USA will propbably never achieve over 70-75% vaccination is my guess.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many misguieded people in the USA influenced and hypnotized by nutjob propaganda all over the place - they are the "zombie sheople". The USA will propbably never achieve over 70-75% vaccination is my guess.
Likewise, I will be amazed if the US tops 75%.