Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I just heard that the monoclonal antibody Tx we have been using, Regen CoV2, does not work against Omicron and should no longer be recommended.

Things are going to get worse folks.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I just heard that the monoclonal antibody Tx we have been using, Regen CoV2, does not work against Omicron and should no longer be recommended.

Things are going to get worse folks.
AstraZeneca therapy works against Omicron; results mixed for Regeneron | Reuters

It's a mixed bunch and there are alternatives.

However explosive spread of 'omicron' is inevitable. You are about 2 weeks behind the UK so at least will have a better idea about virulence by the time it peaks. The downside is much lower vaccination rates and very slow booster roll out so what we experience may not apply to the US.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
^^^ You still don't seem to understand sarcasm. That along with setting yourself up for sarcasm with almost every time you post is what makes this thread so hilarious. Seems like the only thing that keeps people coming back at this point. šŸ˜‚

Really? ... this has been mentioned for how many months now by how many people? Do you think you're the "teacher" here, and nobody knows anything, lol. Part in bold ... do you think that might be why all the experts say a booster shot is beneficial to unvaccinated people who have already had Covid and recovered. šŸ¤”šŸ¤«
Hello; sarcasm and being crass are terms you and one other of the crew use to describe the way you post online in an open forum. I do not think of what you few do in such mild terms. I do decline to a part of such low behavior, so do not respond in kind. That you think those following this thread are laughing at me is of interest.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So many people are buying Teslas ā€” but are they ready for the costly insurance? (yahoo.com)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible, A10/PP/Magride/(all options), MSRP ~$58K
$945/year insurance

2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance, MSRP ~$58K
$907/year insurance

Same company, same stout coverage.

*shrug*

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
$945/year insurance

$907/year insurance

*shrug*
He isn't still on about that is he - proper stuck record

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; sarcasm and being crass are terms you and one other of the crew use to describe the way you post online in an open forum. I do not think of what you few do in such mild terms. I do decline to a part of such low behavior, so do not respond in kind. That you think those following this thread are laughing at me is of interest.
1640097736603.png

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
$945/year insurance

$907/year insurance

*shrug*
He isn't still on about that is he - proper stuck record
Hello; I posted a link to the article you refer to. I did not then make a comment on the linked article. Below is a quote from the article. I suggest you take any contrary opinion up with the author of the article. Other than posting a link to the story I have not made any sort of statement on the cost of insurance at all. That two of you try an underhanded practice in trying to make implications about me is something which has happened before.
I own any comments I decide to make and do not shy away from them. I did not make any comment of any sort about the cost of insurance for an EV in that post I made.

So many people are buying Teslas ā€” but are they ready for the costly insurance? (yahoo.com)

"Thatā€™s because electric vehicles cost more outright and are more expensive to repair. The insurance company may deem you low risk to file a claim, but if anything happens to your car, itā€™s going to mean costly repairs. So your premiums are set high to reflect that risk."

"If your premium with a gas-powered car is $1,000 a year, youā€™ll probably pay $1,180 to $1,320 with an electric car, according to ValuePenguin. As a luxury car, Teslas are pricier still."

"Motortrend has studied how much it would cost each year to insure the various Tesla models available. Among other factors, these averages assume the owner is a single 40-year-old man with a clean record and good credit score:"

• Tesla Model 3: $2,114-$2,351
  • Tesla Model S: $3,673-$4,143
  • Tesla Model Y: $2,118-$2,227
  • Tesla Model X: $3,355-$4,025

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I did not make any comment of any sort about the cost of insurance for an EV in that post I made.
Just the fact that you posted it is comment enough, no?
What was your purpose in posting it? Who were you expecting to get a rise out of? I really don't think this group cares about insurance, since most of us drive expensive performance cars that are not cheap to insure to begin with.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
AstraZeneca therapy works against Omicron; results mixed for Regeneron | Reuters

It's a mixed bunch and there are alternatives.

However explosive spread of 'omicron' is inevitable. You are about 2 weeks behind the UK so at least will have a better idea about virulence by the time it peaks. The downside is much lower vaccination rates and very slow booster roll out so what we experience may not apply to the US.
Agree that the UK has twice the amount of people boosted but "much lower vaccination rates" is not correct:

UK 69% fully vaccinated, 75% partially
US 61% fully vaccinated, 73% partially

UK cases just skyrocketed the last two days to pandemic high records - not nearly at the peak yet. How are hospitalizations going?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; I posted a link to the article you refer to. I did not then make a comment on the linked article. Below is a quote from the article. I suggest you take any contrary opinion up with the author of the article. Other than posting a link to the story I have not made any sort of statement on the cost of insurance at all. That two of you try an underhanded practice in trying to make implications about me is something which has happened before.
I own any comments I decide to make and do not shy away from them. I did not make any comment of any sort about the cost of insurance for an EV in that post I made.

"Thatā€™s because electric vehicles cost more outright and are more expensive to repair. The insurance company may deem you low risk to file a claim, but if anything happens to your car, itā€™s going to mean costly repairs. So your premiums are set high to reflect that risk."

"If your premium with a gas-powered car is $1,000 a year, youā€™ll probably pay $1,180 to $1,320 with an electric car, according to ValuePenguin. As a luxury car, Teslas are pricier still."

"Motortrend has studied how much it would cost each year to insure the various Tesla models available. Among other factors, these averages assume the owner is a single 40-year-old man with a clean record and good credit score:"

• Tesla Model 3: $2,114-$2,351
  • Tesla Model S: $3,673-$4,143
  • Tesla Model Y: $2,118-$2,227
  • Tesla Model X: $3,355-$4,025
So what was the point of posting an article that you donā€™t agree with?

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
What was your purpose in posting it? Who were you expecting to get a rise out of? I really don't think this group cares about insurance, since most of us drive expensive performance cars that are not cheap to insure to begin with.
Hello; However expensive your cars may be the EV's are being forced onto all of us. Some who will struggle with both the purchase price and things such as more expensive insurance. Good for you having deep pockets and such things are not something you have to think about.

The purpose in posting is it seemed relevant to the conversation about EV's.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I posted a link to the article you refer to.
I honestly have no idea what all that additional italicized text beyond what I quoted above is about. You posted an article, I posted my actual insurance costs as another discussion point. I even looked up the exact rates for accuracy.

Right, post something on a public forum and another member replies with some personal experience - I don't get the crankiness.

You know, unless the whole point of that post was an attempt at, "Aha! Look! EVs cost more to insure!" which they don't, in their respective market segments.

i.e., right from the Motor Trend article:

Let's start with some 3 on 3. The entry-level Model 3 is the Standard Range Plus model, which costs $2,114 to insure on average. BMW's equivalent is the 330i, which costs the exact same $2,114 to insure.

Next up is the Model 3 Long Range, which costs $2,351 annually to insure. As its name suggests, this model's driving range is much longer, at an EPA-rated 353 miles. Starting price is around $50,000, and 0-60 mph takes 4.0 seconds. Meanwhile, the comparable BMW M340i costs $2,392 to insure. The M340i's 0-60 time is 4.2 seconds, and its starting price is about $54,500.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; However expensive your cars may be the EV's are being forced onto all of us. Some who will struggle with both the purchase price and things such as more expensive insurance. Good for you having deep pockets and such things are not something you have to think about.

The purpose in posting is it seemed relevant to the conversation about EV's.
1. The article you cited said that the running costs were reduced enough that the insurance cost wonā€™t matter...

2. EVā€™s are being ā€œforcedā€ onto people by government. Some people are electing to buy them, some arenā€™t.
Even once all manufacturers move to EVā€™s, youā€™ll still be able to buy older cars.
Please donā€™t confuse market trends with ā€œforcingā€.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
So what was the point of posting an article that you donā€™t agree with?
Hello; Never said I agree with the article's contents. Never said I disagree with the article's contents. A few of you manage to jump to conclusions all on your own. I do think information on operating costs such as insurance is worth knowing.

I state again, this EV push is being mandated onto some who do not want it. Back in the early 2000's I was looking for a new car. I considered a hybrid. had a look see and a few drives. I went with an ICE at the time. Had I picked a hybrid voluntarily I would also have taken the issues that go with them. I may decide to buy an EV at some point and do wish the choice was still voluntary.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Never said I agree with the article's contents. Never said I disagree with the article's contents. A few of you manage to jump to conclusions all on your own. I do think information on operating costs such as insurance is worth knowing.

I state again, this EV push is being mandated onto some who do not want it. Back in the early 2000's I was looking for a new car. I considered a hybrid. had a look see and a few drives. I went with an ICE at the time. Had I picked a hybrid voluntarily I would also have taken the issues that go with them. I may decide to buy an EV at some point and do wish the choice was still voluntary.
Is there a single state in the US that has mandated that ALL cars being sold/driven there are hybrid (at a minimum)?
If not, I feel like youā€™re making arguments for things that arenā€™t happening.
If so, can you please cite the specifics?
Who is being mandated to drive EVā€™s?
Sponsored