Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Hello; Thing is you do not make the rules. I do not answer to you. I will not allow you to set standards for my posts.
[/QUOTE

Hmmm, I had a couple of teenagers like that once. They grew out of it. Some don’t I hear.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, that pesky old oxygen ... kills millions of people left and right. Is that why some people spontaneously combust?

My favorite part isn't the content, but the fact it's a photo ... of a display ... of an image ... of text ...

:crackup:

I like the artistic perspective too.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
So you're using this example as a framing device for your own concerns, the latter being the following scenario:

Several years from now, you buy a new car, and at this point in the future, the only new car offerings are EVs.

You begrudgingly purchase this shiny new EV from Evil Corp - that at this point, probably has 450 mile range and costs $25K - but that aside, you buy it, say goodbye to your last ICE vehicle.

Then, you keep this new EV for over 10 years, and at some point after that, some part breaks - and in this future world of 15-25+ years from now, where all the new cars sold - in the millions - are EVs, the manufacturer can't supply you with a new headlight.

Gotcha.
Hello; In the example of my neighbors Ford hybrid SUV it is a major part of the hybrid system. The regenerative braking. I do not know the year model.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
A "T-cell priming" vaccine could provide better COVID-19 immunity than mRNA vaccines (msn.com)
“Unlike the messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccines — which inject a bespoke strand of messenger RNA that generates Spike proteins within the human body — this new vaccine technology is delivered via a skin patch, and relies on T cells, which are white blood cells that are part of the immune system, to kill infected cells.”

“It is believed that a T-cell vaccine would incite a more rapid and durable response to fighting the infection.”

“Unlike some immune system cells, T cells do not attack any foreign body; rather, they are laser-focused only on specific pathogens. This trait, researchers believe, could be exploited such that their vaccine could instill a T-cell response in the human body — without actually giving their immune system the dangerous SARS-CoV-2 virus first.”

Hello my comments; I figure this last bit refers to traditional type vaccines, not the mRNA sort.

“As Genton noted, this new vaccine technology is theorized to provide longer-lasting immunity than the current vaccines on the market, which are known to wane over time in their effectiveness.”

“Unlike the mRNA Moderna and Pfizer vaccines that need to be stored in a freezer — or the Johnson & Johnson vaccine which needs to be stored in a fridge — the Emergex vaccine can survive for up to three month at room temperature. However, it is a two-dose vaccine, akin to Pfizer or Moderna's vaccines.”

"Our T-cell priming vaccines may offer significant benefits over current COVID-19 vaccines including longer lasting immunity and broader protection against new variants,"

Hello my comments: Some positive aspects to this approach if the trials are successful. No shot, stable at room temperature and may be longer lasting. If the trials are good, I wonder if this will be given a sweetheart deal same as the mRNA vaccines had?

I know several on here dismiss my notion about the mRNA shots. Specifically, about the “boost” in immunity from a third shot or a shot to the naturally immune. What I find about that boost is it is a temporary increase in the numbers of the less efficient early circulating antibodies. The early antibodies type which the immune system replaces with better antibodies as a normal immune system process. Plenty written on this already.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know several on here dismiss my notion about the mRNA shots. Specifically, about the “boost” in immunity from a third shot or a shot to the naturally immune. What I find about that boost is it is a temporary increase in the numbers of the less efficient early circulating antibodies. The early antibodies type which the immune system replaces with better antibodies as a normal immune system process. Plenty written on this already.
Biased blather aside, your notion is wrong though. There is plenty written indeed...just not on MSN. You might want to broaden your searching a bit and read some actual information rather than some other person's biased opinion about it on MSN.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Bottom line: The whole world is really good at building and conducting strife, and it isn't ever going away.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Melting Glaciers May Leave Behind the Key to Getting Rid of Atmospheric CO2 (msn.com)

Hello; It seems the pulverized rock left behind as glaciers retreat may be a benefit of warming in Two ways. One is it will allow more food to be grown which is a double edged thing and the other claim is more carbon can be locked up.
Hello; Not sure this applies to the poles any more than at the terminal moraine of most any glacier anywhere. Since a portion of soil is from degraded rock this makes sense. The grinding action of a glacier over a long time will leave the "rock flour" in a physical state ( being fine grains) which can more readily be used by plants.
That the "rock flour" was created by the glacial grinding appears to mean the nutrients are not lost. All rock can be weathered outside of glaciers to small grains over a long time. The sort of non glacial weathering also allows the mineral nutrients to be lost during the process. The glacial grinding must keep the minerals plants use in place, is my take.

This glacial rock flour could be used in lots of places, not just Africa. Being as how we are losing topsoil at a rate much greater than it can form is one of my higher priority environmental concerns. A number I knew of a couple decades ago was it can take 500 years or more to create the amount of topsoil we now often lose in one year. Part of that soil formation process is the weathering of rocks.

We have populated the earth beyond what older farming methods could feed. Some number in the billions of people now would not have food if modern industrial agriculture were to fail. Some many pages and posts ago a challenge was put to me asking what possible benefits might come from warming. Warming by inference of that person is directly linked to CO2 in his posts. The retreat of glaciers is due to warming regardless of the cause.

It seems that some warming is baked into the situation for decades to come no matter what happens with CO2 now. Finding useful things which result from that warming ought to be a worthy thing to do. If the "rock flour" helps with food production, such ought to be a positive.
I do not consider this a solution however. More an if life gives you lemons, then make lemonade sort of thing. Parts of warming will be bad for some folks. Having more food to eat might be a benefit for some people.
The success and down fall of humans has hinged on how clever we sometimes can be. We have been very clever manipulating our natural resources to increase the food supply so that a huge population is supported. That same clever manipulation is using up the top soil and the ground water. Paving over farmland to build houses, stores, highways and malls. I wonder if the anti-fossil fuel folks understand much of the fertilizer used to feed the world people is made from natural gas?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
We have populated the earth beyond what older farming methods could feed. Some number in the billions of people now would not have food if modern industrial agriculture were to fail.
Time to start building some Soylent factories. Ask for the green stuff, it's the more nutritious variant. 🤫

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

Plot
By the year 2022, the cumulative effects of overpopulation, pollution and an apparent climate catastrophe have caused severe worldwide shortages of food, water and housing. There are 40 million people in New York City alone, where only the city's elite can afford spacious apartments, clean water and natural food (at horrendously high prices, with a jar of strawberry jam fetching $150).

"It's the year 2022" ... 🤔 ...
might not be too far off. 😄

1637271319560.png

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This made me think of this thread.

Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad.

Sponsored