Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
64 percent of those aged 18 to 30 years caught a cold 1 to 3 times in the past year.
https://theconversation.com/can-you-die-from-a-common-cold-126241

Complications from a cold can cause serious illnesses and, yes, even death – particularly in people who have a weak immune system.

Damn I suppose we will need to take a cold jab 3 times a year along with the flu jab and covid booster annually.

We will be human pin cushions.
Hello; I do not think they even try to find a shot for the common cold. It is my understanding there are over 100 corona virus known as the common cold circulating around.
The vaccine makers have much fewer strains of circulating flu virus to deal with but they are lucky to guess right on which strains to include in the shots. Often having only around a 50% chance of having the flu vaccines match the variety which is going around.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Our schools here in Florida (more appropriately, Flori-duh ...) not only aren't requiring masks for kids, but there's new idiocy on the table to remove a specific quarantine period,
I think in the long term Florida will have done it correct.

There is no way I would have my kid jabbed with this new experimental concoction. Especially since the risk from covid is so low for those under 20.

It is your choice, or should be, and I respect it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If my survival is dependent on a government shot I'd rather not be here. That is just too much control.

I wasn't here before and I won't be here again, I'm just having fun between those times.
Your survival actually depends on how you decided to navigate your life. I had this vision in my head when I read that. This seems to coincide well with your signature. 😄

1632421397318.jpeg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let's see wuhan lab, manufactured virus that escaped, yep the smart people are killing the planet.

Edit to add there is no direct evidence that that lab manufactured this virus but it is walking like a Duck.
Your last sentence = conspiracy theory until proof is found. Fact is people all over the world are playing with deadly virus every day, and they are suppose to follow safety standards set forth by the WHO. I think there needs to be more over-sight regardless if Covid was a leak or not.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also see you vaxers have not made comment on my very relevant cause and effect of masking up our kids.
It's a non-sense theory because wearing a mask isn't going to change how your natural immune system functions. Do you think wearing a mask makes someone's immune system work at a decreased level? You're a big proponent for the natural immune system so you should already know that.

Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Ever hear of a kid dying because they got dirty playing?

So, children might be better off if we just let them get on with infecting each other? It's OK since less than 1 percent will die, right? Those thousands of parents will probably be OK with that I am sure.

Sheesh!

You guys really are grasping at straws today.
What "thousands of parents"? You do realize that 464 children in total (0 -17) have died of covid since the pandemic started? During the same time period, 188 children died of influenza? And in the 2018/2019 flu season (half the current covid period) 477 children died of influenza?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After three shots, enforced masking at work the fellow get infected and winds up very sick. Still is giving credit to the shots.
This happens to a few people ... so from your prerspective I guess that means everyone should just stop getting vaccinated or taking the other pre-cautions and just start operating like nothing is going on. The logic is amazing, lol.

You got vaccinated ... yet you are clearly an anti-vaxxer. Explain that logic.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Since the pattern has been for you to twist things I write I will not spend too much energy on this at first.
Actually it's you who can't understand what people say and that makes you conclude things have been twisted, when in reality they were only twisted in your own mind.

The basic thing is to maintain the trust of those in charge. That involves two basic things. First is do not tell bald face lies to the public. Yes, I am thinking of the mask lies early on in particular.
That story has been sanitized in some ways. It is called "the good lie" in the sense that we lied to you for your own good sort of thing. Sanitized or no, the end result is a serious loss of trust.
I could go way deep about "lies" ... but I think everyone here already knows about all that. And again, you seem to always think that as all this virus pandemic unfolded that everyone involved was nailing everything perfect along the way. Sorry, but that doesn't really happen with anything in life, especially with things that are complicated like this is.

A second example of loss of trust has been hashed on here often. The push to get the naturally recovered and naturally immune to take the shots flew in the face of basic logic for so many. a person gets the infection, their body fights off the infection on it's own proving their immune system is up to snuff. Then they are pushed to get a shot. In addition to not being logical on the level of immunity, it smacks of a follow the money sort of move. So trust is lost for two reasons.
You apparently haven't researched or read that about everyone studying this pandemic is suggesting that even people who have had Covid and survived get a booster shot - even the beloved Israel study. Go research it and you'll see the majority on valid studies and scientist say that. And after hashing it over and over you and others who are blind still don't understand why a booster shot is being focused on. It just turns into a "follow the money" conspiracy theory as your misguided conclusion.

The second thing was making people huddle indoors for so long. That is a Monday morning QB sort of thing at this point, but the logic has been known of for many years. We have outbreaks of colds, flu and other such disease in the cold season partly because people wind up inside in closed up spaces. To be sure, one the test for the virus was had I would not have sent infected people back into nursing homes. Some indoor living would have happened due to the cold weather, but it was increased with the mandates.
So you think mandates made people live more inside in the winter time and that made Covid spread more? ... lol. Maybe everyone should have lived outside in their own tent.

You do know why there was a big wave back in Jan 2021 right? Think about it ... and think about when the vaccine started being used.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The mRNA vaccines have been studied like no other vaccine before. The potential risks in 10 years is miniscule compared to the risk of waiting 10 years for approval.
Stop using critical thinking skills. 🙃

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
This happens to a few people ... so from your prerspective I guess that means everyone should just stop getting vaccinated or taking the other pre-cautions and just start operating like nothing is going on. The logic is amazing, lol.

You got vaccinated ... yet you are clearly an anti-vaxxer. Explain that logic.
Hello; Again a twisting of my comments along with entirely fictional assumptions you just make up. You have imaginary made up guesses that do not relate to my comments at all.

There is no logic to explain about my position on the shots. I took the shots so by definition am not an anti-vaxer. That I am not on the "everybody must get the shots" bandwagon does not make me an anti-vaxer.

I do not think those who have recovered naturally from the virus need the shots at all, a specific circumstance based on decades of understanding of natural immunity. Not a stance against the shots.

I also understand that as with any medication there is a possibility of side effects. That I discuss these side effects doe not make me an anti-vaxer. Several times in this thread it has been pointed out that aspirin can have side effects. I understand this and knew of such for decades but I still take aspirin.

I take the stance getting the shots should be a voluntary choice based on a persons circumstances. If I were from 18 to 40 years old and as fit as I was back then I likely would not take the shots. I do have a general philosophy that it is not wise for the species for all to have a new medication just in case there does turn out to be unexpected side effects. In any experiment there ought to be a control group.

For people of some age groups and for people with some health conditions, the risk from the shots makes sense compared to the risk of the shots. virus.

I stated before these shots have had liability protection. Remove that liability protection so the makers, distributors and administrators so those unvaccinated who took the shots can sue and get back to me. The cry has been the shots are "safe" for some time. If such is true the liability shield ought not be needed.

The way it looks to me is that because I am not whole heartedly 100% on board for all to get the shots, therefore that makes me anti-vaxer. Not any deviation, however slight or reasonable, from the agenda is allowed is the way it looks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Masking them up causing them to get covid?

Unmasking them is your answer?

Wow
Unmask them all at school so they can all catch it and then bring it back home to everyone else who lives with them. It's the perfect virus spreading mechanism. 🤞

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 percent of those aged 18 to 30 years caught a cold 1 to 3 times in the past year.
https://theconversation.com/can-you-die-from-a-common-cold-126241

Complications from a cold can cause serious illnesses and, yes, even death – particularly in people who have a weak immune system.

Damn I suppose we will need to take a cold jab 3 times a year along with the flu jab and covid booster annually.

We will be human pin cushions.
Now you're tying to equate a common cold to try and down play Covid ... typical srawman argument.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As far as the future goes I have figured some easy stuff right, but there have been some big surprises. For a long time it has been predicted there would be a pandemic of some sort. That we had one is not the surprise. It is the way the pandemic has been handled which is the bigger surprise to me.
What were you expecting to be different in the way it was handled?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Let's see wuhan lab, manufactured virus that escaped, yep the smart people are killing the planet.

Edit to add there is no direct evidence that that lab manufactured this virus but it is walking like a Duck.
Wait….I had no idea that you actually believed that they manufactured the virus.
This changes the game slightly.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
8 kids "8" dies from covid in Ohio since the beginning.

Remember this is a new virus to us old people but it is just one of many to a kid.

Where is your science on this?

I again think you are a troll who is paid by some organization like S(I won't name them in case it is considered politics)S.
One might even refer to it as an “experimental” virus.
Who knows what the side-effects might be ten years from now….
Sponsored