Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Honestly, I’d be more than happy to work alongside someone who isn’t vaccinated but with some caveats.
1. I want to know who these people are.
2. Daily testing for the unvaccinated/uninfected
You know a society did something very similar in the 1930's

People who think like this scare the hell out of me.

Remember YOU are vaccinated, YOU are safe, RIGHT?

My measles comment is. IF I get the measles vax I cannot give the virus to anyone, nor can I get infected.

This stupid jab not only allows me to get the sickness I will walk down the street with a cloud of virus flying off me infecting everyone in my path.

BEST VAX EVER!!!!

You all have a very short memory. We were told there would be no side effects, then the side effects were so common they had to acknowledge them but played them down.

We were told with a jab we would be able to go maskless and live life as normal. Another lie

We were told 2 jabs and we would be protected better than if we had recovered from the sickness. Another lie, now we need 3.

We were told we would never have jab mandates or have to show proof of being jabbed. Another lie

There are more, if you have more than 6 memory cells you know what they are.

What else are we being lied to about?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
In fact, that is why the Federal mandate is via OSHA as a worker safety issue.
It's through OSHA as a way to circumvent constitutional law. It will get tossed but by then it may be too late.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hello; There is no doubt some have a very bad reaction to an actual infection, very possibly even worse than the side effect I had.
Yeah, I'd say laying in a hospital on a ventilator, death or becoming a long hauler is worse than feeling a little sick for 24 hrs. Seems like people who are "afraid" to get vaccinated because they might feel bad for a little while don't really have the logic to compare the possible outcomes of making certain decisions.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
It will be interesting to see how this first mass use of mRNA vaccines effect health and biology over the next generation. With a background as a Bioethicist and medical research, I have been stupified by the official GOV positions and statements. IMNSHO, the rhetroric double talk and BS has undermined many people's trust, and why so many are refusing.

Natural Immunity is dismissed
Honest fact based information on mask wear and effectiveness is absent.
Numbers are fudged and conflated and misrepresented, and a fact based epidemiological tracking of illness, death and severe complications is not taken. They treat the small number of severe reactions to the vaccines in a historic scientific method, but not the actual data on the disease vectors.

Comorbidities, compounding health conditions, bodies already severely compromised and/or propped up by dozens of medications and conditions, AGE, nutrition, fitness are all significant factors in having life threatening reaction to COVID. Those eliminated, the risk is extremely low, but NOTHING is ZERO or absolute.

Kinda how it only costs me $775 a year to insure my Bullitt.... lol my age, experience, maturity, lack of tickets and insurance claims bring a lower insurance rate, AND all but guarantee that I LIKELY never end up on youtube after leaving a cars & coffee ;-) But you never know. Oil in the road, wet roads, too much caffene...... lol

The mRNA vaccines (Pfizer/Moderna) are first time use, but built on years of research, and similar to current cancer vaccines. Even though we don't have long term data on their effects, they are brilliant and groundbreaking. The Vaccine triggers a specific response in the immune system, preps it if the virus is found, and the vaccine component itself is flushed from the body in 2-3 days. That is science. J&J works more like the flu vaccine by introducing some of the virus to the body to trigger the immune system. Time will tell what the long term effects will be. I elected to take the Moderna and preferred it over the other two, but would not take the J&J at this time.

That said, you are a fool or not paying attention if you think that 10 years from now we will not have a list of secondary negative impact from the vaccines. Unlikely given the 1X use, but possible. There is just no data yet on Chronic or multiple annual mRNA vaccines like there is for the FLU vaccine or others.

If I had contracted COVID, I would never have taken the vaccine, at least for a year or until we had more data on how the vaccine interacts with natural antibodies. Still waiting for the data, but here is some light reading on the few cases from J&J and blood clots. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2021-05-12/07-COVID-Shimabukuro-508.pdf

Regardless, this has been poorly handled. We could excuse it early on as fear caused the shut down, but now we know who is the most at risk, who need priority vaccinations, how to respond with therapeutics and treatment, etc.

The ONLY way this is going to end is when it has run it's course. Hey, we could save MANY more lives by shutting down fast food and junk food stores and factories, eliminate alcohol and tobacco, etc, but you know what? If they did, our healthcare and social security system and economy (speaking US) would be overwhelmed and bankrupt. Bottomline, we need people to die........ That is said tonge in cheek, but I say it to illustrate the complexity of healthcare and the tertiary effects.

OK I'm hungry, where's my sammich. I hear someone on this thread is making them..... :cwl:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are wrong again. People were absolutely told they might have some side effects.
I was going to mention this also. You'd have to live in a vaccum or off the grid if you didn't hear what the possible side effects were.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I left the card in my truck after the first shot. Back then the idea we would need to show proof was not on the table. In fact some of our current leaders were saying entirely different things about vaccine mandates than what they are saying now.
Anyway the card was lost. A month later when i went back for the second shot they made out a second card. Apparently the information was kept at the local health department. By then, a month later , the story was changing. The official noise was still that we would not have to show a vac card, but it was becoming more and more clear the rules were going to change.
Better keep track of it for awhile if you expect to do certain things as a participant of society if this doesn't ever get to some level of normalcy. Just like driving a car, you don't actually have a right to do certain things if you don't meet the requirements.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do think an employer has a responsibility to provide a safe workplace, but the question of practicality is obviously subjective.
Obviously the virus can cause death. Sources that can cause injury or death is something most companies try to mitigate at the job site. Letting unvaccinated people run around at work without any testing or other precautions is just plain irresponsible. Employees will not know if the people around them are vaccinated or not unless the person wants to divulge their own status.

Many companies banned smoking on company property because second hand smoke can effect other people. Same basic principle. And those companies will fire anyone breaking that rule. Is that "unfair" and "unconstitutional". No it's not, because it's their house.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; The "exactly" comment is about how there is a follow the money side to this pandemic response. Why do you think the stocks of vaccine companies would go down when they will not be giving out additional jabs?
Guess you don't understand the basic way that the stock market works, and how good or bad news effects the stock price. Every stock in the stock market it about following the money. Do you invest in stocks that don't make money?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily testing isn't practical or really useful. Besides, no one would want a swab picking at their brains daily.
Last time I was tested they changed the procedure, and they said it was just as effective. Instead of sticking a swab way up in your nose, they have you blow your nose enough in a tissue in order to get mucus near the entrance so they can swab it. So the swab only goes in a short distance. There might be other ways of testing now too, not sure on that.

Sports teams were testing on a daily basis last season, and the "quick tests" that gave results in 15 min or so might be more accurate now. If companies required daily testing it would have to be something like the sports teams were doing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's through OSHA as a way to circumvent constitutional law. It will get tossed but by then it may be too late.
I think being required to wear a safety harness is unconstituitonal. If I want to fall 100 ft and splatter on the ground, that's my constitutional right !!! ... as long as I don't kill someone else on the ground. 🤪

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Just like driving a car, you don't actually have a right to do certain things if you don't meet the requirements.
Wow, just wow.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ONLY way this is going to end is when it has run it's course.
One thing is for certain ... letting it "run it's course" naturally with no human intervention to reduce the carnage surely wasn't and isn't the answer. I know you don't mean it that way, but I'm saying it would be a lot worse than it is if there was no vaccine at all.

If that would have been done the overall impact to the world and US economy would be even worse than it was now, especially if a magnitude more of people around the world died. Hard to have a robust economy when there isn't much of a workforce to produce an economy. We have seen that impact for the last 18 months too, but if the virus was allowed to run it's course with no intervention it would be a lot worse than it is now.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, just wow.
You think it's your "constitutional right" to drive a car without meeting any requirements? That's how you come across.

You think someone can go into work and put their co-workers into possible harm is their constitutional right when it's not even their house? A job isn't a right either, it's a privilege that you earn.

Last edited:

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Last time I was tested they changed the procedure, and they said it was just as effective. Instead of sticking a swab way up in your nose, they have you blow your nose enough in a tissue in order to get mucus near the entrance so they can swap it. So the swab only goes in a short distance. There might be other ways of testing now too, not sure on that.

Sports teams were testing on a daily basis last season, and the "quick tests" that gave results in 15 min or so might be more accurate now. If companies required daily testing it would have to be something like the sports teams were doing.
Haven't been tested yet (except blood test for previous exposure last year). But going fishing in Canada next week so need a neg PCR test for entry.
Sponsored