Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I would like to know why this so called "best vaccine ever" does not work as well as say the measles vaccine. So I will keep asking until someone can explain it.

I think SK might be on to something with it only using 1 spike instead of the entire virus.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ Your understanding of the virus and vaccine is so vast that you two should become the head virologists of the WHO and CDC. šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; I am not talking a sore shoulder and being tired. I was sick like having a bad flu for a full day or so. Bad body aches, fever and the like. It only lasted one day that way. The sore shoulder bit was by far the least of the side effect.
If your body reacted like that to a vaccine, Iā€™d hate to think how it would react to the actual virus.
Maybe you dodged a bullet?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently it's not if you'd do some research about it. I gave the answer why, you just don't want to believe it. You have 10 fingers, go try to educate yourself more than listening to certain sources that don't believe in science or in people who study and deal with virus for a living.
Mustangs and Rangers are also identical. They're both form the same family and both are vehicles. Ergo, they must be the same.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to know why this so called "best vaccine ever" does not work as well as say the measles vaccine. So I will keep asking until someone can explain it.

I think SK might be on to something with it only using 1 spike instead of the entire virus.
How much better would you like it to work before youā€™d regard it as being in the same league as the MMR vax?

From the CDC:
ā€œOne dose of MMR vaccine is 93% effective against measles, 78% effective against mumps, and 97% effective against rubella.
Two doses of MMR vaccine are 97% effective against measles and 88% effective against mumps.ā€

ā€Vaccine effectiveness studies provide a growing body of evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines offer similar protection in real-world conditions as they have in clinical trial settings, reducing the risk of COVID-19, including severe illness, among people who are fully vaccinated by 90 percent or more. Most vaccine effectiveness data now available are related to mRNA vaccines. Data related to the J&J/Janssen vaccine will be shared when available.ā€

Soooo, 97% vs >90%
No, not identical, but certainly in the same suburb.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Yes we have a choice as you put it. Say someone wants you to sign over a deed. The say you can sign or we kill you wife. You have a choice to be sure.

For most of us the loss of a job can be the difference between having a roof over our heads and food on the table for our family. But yeah we have a choice don't we.

I doubt that many make the decision to not get the shots lightly. That some are actually walking away from jobs due to these ( it really is not force) mandates is telling.
Given that the decision to demand vaccination is (to my knowledge) left with the employer (with the exception being govt employees), Iā€™m quite sure there will be job opportunities for those who arenā€™t vaxxed.

There most certainly is a difference. Itā€™s a shame that you canā€™t see it.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Given that the decision to demand vaccination is (to my knowledge) left with the employer (with the exception being govt employees), Iā€™m quite sure there will be job opportunities for those who arenā€™t vaxxed.

Hello; Interesting that you make such a statement. There a federal mandate from our leader that any place with more than 99 employees must require a vaccination. Not just government workers.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
How much better would you like it to work before youā€™d regard it as being in the same league as the MMR vax?

From the CDC:
ā€œOne dose of MMR vaccine is 93% effective against measles, 78% effective against mumps, and 97% effective against rubella.
Two doses of MMR vaccine are 97% effective against measles and 88% effective against mumps.ā€

ā€Vaccine effectiveness studies provide a growing body of evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines offer similar protection in real-world conditions as they have in clinical trial settings, reducing the risk of COVID-19, including severe illness, among people who are fully vaccinated by 90 percent or more. Most vaccine effectiveness data now available are related to mRNA vaccines. Data related to the J&J/Janssen vaccine will be shared when available.ā€

Soooo, 97% vs >90%
No, not identical, but certainly in the same suburb.
I think his question refers to duration of protection - measles is basically lifetime protection after 2 doses. The reason as I understand it is that if the measles virus mutates and its surface proteins change, it is no longer infectious. Covid (and influenza) can and has mutated its surface proteins and remains infectious.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
If your body reacted like that to a vaccine, Iā€™d hate to think how it would react to the actual virus.
Maybe you dodged a bullet?
Hello; There is no doubt some have a very bad reaction to an actual infection, very possibly even worse than the side effect I had. However such a comparison is a red herring sort of argument.
We were told the shots were "safe". Maybe a sore shoulder at the injection site for the first shot and that was correct. Much the same warning for the second shot best as I can recall. If any thing was added it was nothing like what I experienced.
Thing is several others I know also had a bad reaction to the second moderna shot. The word got out by word of mouth about how sick you could get. Being down for two days and very sick for the first 24 hours was a new reaction for me.

Regardless those who have a bad outcome from the infection are small in terms of the percentage infected. So the odds are good I would have a mild or asymptomatic case. But the discussion on here at the time was about vaccine side effects. Not about the illness.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; Interesting that you make such a statement. There a federal mandate from our leader that any place with more than 99 employees must require a vaccination. Not just government workers.
This is true. It is sad that it has to come to this. People can't be expected to do the right thing anymore.

It is the unvaccinated that are driving the pandemic now. This is all on them. Sorry, but they don't get to endanger coworkers and others out in public places because of a personal choice. They get to be unemployed and lonely.

I know it sounds trite and that it really isn't much of a choice...but again, we are dealing with human lives. Someone's incorrect opinion or goofy assumptions don't get to override my right to live.

Try having a conversation with an UC MD who sees pregnant women dying while getting emergency C sections in the hallways and attends to others that will eventually die who beg for the vaccine before being put on a vent. Then there are the premature deliveries of babies that might not live and that need intensive care. Those moms beg for the vaccine too.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; There is no doubt some have a very bad reaction to an actual infection, very possibly even worse than the side effect I had. However such a comparison is a red herring sort of argument.
We were told the shots were "safe". Maybe a sore shoulder at the injection site for the first shot and that was correct. Much the same warning for the second shot best as I can recall. If any thing was added it was nothing like what I experienced.
Thing is several others I know also had a bad reaction to the second moderna shot. The word got out by word of mouth about how sick you could get. Being down for two days and very sick for the first 24 hours was a new reaction for me.

Regardless those who have a bad outcome from the infection are small in terms of the percentage infected. So the odds are good I would have a mild or asymptomatic case. But the discussion on here at the time was about vaccine side effects. Not about the illness.
You are wrong again. People were absolutely told they might have some side effects. In fact, my organization committed to giving staff an extra 8 hours pay for those who got vaccinated in case they needed to take some time off due to any more moderate side effects. This was announced BEFORE anyone had been vaccinated yet.

But you will twist this into me needing to be correct and some weird need to prove you wrong. Stop posting incorrect recollections and I will stop needing to correct you.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

I donā€™t know how you do it in the US but over here they hand you a pamphlet of the possible side effects as you fill out the relevant paperwork to get the jab.

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2007 Audi S4, 2016 Mustang GT/CS (sold)

There's uncertainty in how testing for unvaccinated employees will go down, whether it will be covered by the government, the business, or the individual. If the government is requiring employees get a vaccine or be required to pay for their own weekly/biweekly testing to keep their job, then we're getting into similar territory to poll taxes. (of course you can vote, you just need to pay the fee..)

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
CDC COVID Data Tracker
Hello; link to the same CDC graphs as I posted before. Using the age part of the graphs it is still that the cases peaked back in August and habe been on a strrp decline to date. Going over to the deaths graph a similar sort of curve except it is the old who had a peak back in August. The rest of the age graph lines are very low.

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2007 Audi S4, 2016 Mustang GT/CS (sold)
No matter what state you're from, if you got vaccinated you'll have a card that shows you did.
Unless you've lost that card in the intervening months. It sounds like you can get a replacement card, but the process takes time.
Sponsored