Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Except the Holy See says it isn't an issue. None of the mRNA vaccines use human tissue in the manufacture or production. They tested the vaccines on the cells (only two lines exist which date back to the 70's and 80's) when they were doing their due diligence in assuring they are safe.

Also, many other vaccines are tested this way...Hep C, varicella, etc.

One more thing, do those that object work for health care orgs that prescribe birth control and/or perform abortions? I bet most of them do. This is obviously an attempt to abuse the religious exemption.
Hello; Interesting take on the exemption. The testing is part of the process even if not the specific mRNA production. So still a part of the overall process.
If a person has strong beliefs about the use of live animals in the testing of cosmetics for safety, say putting a cosmetic into the eyes of rabbits. Then that person would have reason to not want to use the cosmetic even if a live animal is not used in the making of the cosmetic.

This is obviously an attempt to undermine the religious exemption.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
The main difference is an old fashioned vaccine causes the body to produce anti bodies. The mRNA jabs do not.

Not sure if it is still this way but in the early days the blood banks were paying extra for people with covid anti bodies. Jabbed folks were not able to donate.
You keep repeating this but have been proved wrong for months and months here. You are flat out wrong but just can't let it go. You don't have to admit you are wrong, just stop honking that particular horn, OK?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
You seem to like to throw the dice and take your chances, don't you? 'Cause, you know better than your MD.

Glad it worked out for you (truly). Infection at your age isn't a trifle. Neither is Covid.

Please dispose of the antibiotics that you didn't take - don't self medicate with them.
Hello; Interesting response. There are known issues with taking antibiotics. Something to avoid if possible.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Interesting take on the exemption. The testing is part of the process even if not the specific mRNA production. So still a part of the overall process.
If a person has strong beliefs about the use of live animals in the testing of cosmetics for safety, say putting a cosmetic into the eyes of rabbits. Then that person would have reason to not want to use the cosmetic even if a live animal is not used in the making of the cosmetic.

This is obviously an attempt to undermine the religious exemption.
Again, no one is being forced to get vaccinated. However, it is absolutely an end run around the requirement. This reason for an exemption is nonsense and you and I both know it. Even the Catholics say it is OK.

Frankly, there should be no religious exemption at all.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Interesting response. There are known issues with taking antibiotics. Something to avoid if possible.
Then why didn't you have that discussion with your provider? She obviously thought you needed the prescription. If you have a problem with the medical opinion, why didn't you seek a second? It is never wise to not take a medication or delay in taking it. Why did you even go to the doctor if you refuse to do what they recommend? Why did you fill a script you didn't intend to use?

There are known issues with infection too. You got lucky this time...

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The mRNA vaccine does produce antibodies.
Maybe but the blood bank said it does not. They were paying 100 dollars a unit for blood with anti bodies and were turning away jabbed people.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
You keep repeating this but have been proved wrong for months and months here. You are flat out wrong but just can't let it go. You don't have to admit you are wrong, just stop honking that particular horn, OK?
Hello; I took some advice yesterday and did look up information about how the mRNA vaccines works. Depending on how much stretch used both people are correct. The old vaccines used disabled (killed)virus to trigger the body to have an immune response. The disabled virus or significant parts of it were injected into a person. The body recognized a foreign invader and the immune system started up a response. Big advantage being there was not the cell damage from an actual infection.

Before I write about the mRNA vaccine lets look at how a cell makes a protein. We have DNA strands in the nucleus of each cell. That DNA it the "blueprint" instructions for everything to make a human function. Say differentiated cells become an organ. That organ has the job of making proteins. In the cells of the organ a small part of the DNA which tells how to make the particular protein opens up enough to make a copy of those instructions. Floating around in the cell are the small bits that the DNA uses to assemble that copy of instructions. The copy of instructions is called messenger RNA (mRNA)
The mRNA then travels to the factory part of the cell that actually makes the protein. There the mRNA instructs the making of the needed protein.

Now to the mRNA vaccines. From what I have found so far the protein spikes on the outside of the virus (covid 19 in this case) are broken down into a set of instructions telling how to make copies of the spikes. Apparently not the entire array of spikes that surround a virus, but enough to make the particular virus possible to be identified. That set of instructions is made into the same sort of mRNA that our cells use on a regular basis.
So the vaccine is actually a set of instructions for making partial virus spike protein. There had to be a way to get the mRNA vaccine instructions into a cell was the next bit. Our cell walls (membranes) have layers of lipids (fat like ). To get the mRNA vaccine into the cells it is surrounded with similar lipids. The lipids around the vaccine mRNA gets it thru the cell walls. Once inside the cell the vaccine mRNA takes over the cells protein making functions and starts production of the virus protein spike copies. Apparently a lot of copies.

Here is were I have not found enough information so far. In normal cell function there are ways to get the proteins made in a cell to where they are needed. I did not find information about how the copies of partial virus spikes get out of the cell making them. The virus itself would simply rupture the cell to release the spikes. I do not know how the vaccine made spikes get out.
Get out they do and are recognized as foreign by the body. The body then starts an immune reaction which includes making antibodies to attack those virus protein spikes. So in one sense there is an immune system process in that the body makes the actual antibodies. The vaccine's mRNA appears to only make virus protein spikes by taking over some number of human body cells.

I have a few questions yet to be answered. One is does the immune reaction from the vaccine go beyond making antibodies and include a full featured immune response the way an old style vaccine would?
Another is what happens to the mRNA itself over time. Does it continue to take over the invaded cells until those cells die and is it then gone? Does it persist in the body?
Do the cells eventually replace the vaccine mRNA with the normal mRNA of it's own and go on about their business?
I imagine other questions will come up.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
The point is that you have a choice. You might not like the options, but a genuine choice exists.
The government doesn’t force people to get a drivers license. You choose to get one or you don’t drive.
You can choose to get a vaccine or you can choose not to. You just don’t get to do the things that a vaccine entitles you to.
Hello; Yes we have a choice as you put it. Say someone wants you to sign over a deed. The say you can sign or we kill you wife. You have a choice to be sure.

For most of us the loss of a job can be the difference between having a roof over our heads and food on the table for our family. But yeah we have a choice don't we.

I doubt that many make the decision to not get the shots lightly. That some are actually walking away from jobs due to these ( it really is not force) mandates is telling.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Maybe but the blood bank said it does not. They were paying 100 dollars a unit for blood with anti bodies and were turning away jabbed people.
That policy is in place as (some) people who recently recovered from covid have very high antibody titres. But now they are utilizing vaccinated people if their antibodies are high enough.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fac...ple-vaccinated-against-covid-19-idUSL1N2MR1HU

" The American Red Cross is accepting plasma donations from people who are usually eligible for such donations who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. The American Red Cross is avoiding convalescent plasma from those vaccinated against COVID-19 but exceptions are made if the convalescent plasma is high in COVID-19 antibodies. "

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Unsure what you mean by dividing and conquering. This is just a terrible example of shitty humans. Someone doing their damn job and these assholes think they have a right to cause physical harm to her. Fuck them. I really do hope there's more to this than the stupid article steers us towards. If it's true what happened, I stand by my words. 3 people being petty childish assholes. If I don't like what any place is selling (to include vaccine mandates to shop there) then I just go someplace else. If no other options present themselves and you need to eat, follow the damn rules! They had shoes and shirts on right? Got me all fired up lol.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I think they are assholes too. I also think if the city is mandating something they need to do the enforcing. Not some young girl at the door.

I'm pretty sure Tx does not require jab cards so how would people from there be able to function in NYC.

A can of worms and more violence will follow the more the powers that be double down.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I think they are assholes too. I also think if the city is mandating something they need to do the enforcing. Not some young girl at the door.

I'm pretty sure Tx does not require jab cards so how would people from there be able to function in NYC.

A can of worms and more violence will follow the more the powers that be double down.
Regardless of TX rules, they don't carry over to another state. I'm sure mofos saw the signs on doors and knew the rules when they entered and if not, still uncalled for acts of violence. Everyone on the planet knows what's going on and I'm sure everyone can function just fine in NYC or anywhere if all they do is pull their heads out of their asses. The only reason more violence will follow is because people choose that path.

I completely disagree with the masks when entering, take them off to eat, then back on till you exit the door. The mitigation there is to the enth degree in my book and instead, it should be carry out only. But those are the rules to abide by if you want their food so I mask up for the 30 seconds each way, too easy. Stories like the one you linked just show unchecked childish behavior and I hope they receive fitting consequences to their actions. Idiots everywhere.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV