OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; A distinction without a difference. If you do not get the jab you will lose a job, cannot go to school, cannot go to events, will be refused treatment at hospitals, cannot enter buildings, Can have your insurance rates raised and on and on. The only limits so far is that some authority has not thought of some other punishment yet.

Not a gun to your head sort of force to be sure, if that matters.
The point is that you have a choice. You might not like the options, but a genuine choice exists.
The government doesn’t force people to get a drivers license. You choose to get one or you don’t drive.
You can choose to get a vaccine or you can choose not to. You just don’t get to do the things that a vaccine entitles you to.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-judge-blocks-york-covid-191800804.html

The court papers said that all COVID-19 vaccines use cell lines derived from fetal tissue in their development, production, or testing.

The above makes me even less likely to get this type of vaccine
Hello; Thanks for the link. The fetal cells are used in some such research because they are not yet differentiated. Makes them very useful in some ways. I think they are called stem cells if memory serves.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The government doesn’t force people to get a drivers license.
Seriously? You are saying having a substance injected into your body is the same as getting a DL?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
There would be no need for a draft. People would line up to defend our Country. Even old men with deer rifles.

Looks to me like you are trying to steer this into politics. I hope the mods see this and remove some of your posts.
Talking about what people might do if a war started is not being political. Guess you've watched "Red Dawn" too many times, lol.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
The point is that you have a choice. You might not like the options, but a genuine choice exists.
The government doesn’t force people to get a drivers license. You choose to get one or you don’t drive.
You can choose to get a vaccine or you can choose not to. You just don’t get to do the things that a vaccine entitles you to.
Hello; well the things is for 73 of my 74 years I have been free to decide if I want to take a medicine. Two summers ago I had an infection on my leg. I went to a doctor to have it checked. I went over the cleaning and care routine with the doctor. I was prescribed antibiotics. I decided to not take the antibiotics and see if I could get by without them. It worked. Could have been a mistake. Had the antibiotics handy just in case but did not need them.

Call it what you will but is smells like force to me.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Clearly people die of disease. People die of the flu. Of covid. Of Ebola. The list goes on. The discussion has not been about that aspect of the human immune system. When a new to us pathogen comes along some people can and do die. The most recent discussion has been about those who recovered from the virus and that they do not need the shots.
You made the discussion about the aspects of the human immune system. Why do you think I said what I did to your immune system comments. Seems you have a hard time staying on track in these discussions.

The other part of the discussion has been about forcing those who do not want a shot to be forced to get one.
People still have a choice - they can test as required or get a new job. A job is not a right. If the draft was enabled some would think that's being "forced" to serve, but they too could still not show up and avoid it as they see fit - draft dodger, nothing new. The only thing you're forced to do is die someday - nobody escapes that planned high mandate.

Here is the value of a vaccine. With a proper vaccine a person can have the human bodies immune system "tricked" into generating an immune system response without the danger of an actual infection. To be clear the traditional vaccines were only a trigger for the human immune system. It was the immune system itself that did the work of building up antibodies, T-Cells and other memory cells.
It appears you somehow think the shots themselves give immunity. That is not the case. The old style vaccines often used "killed" virus to stimulate the human immune system. The advantage was the "killed" virus did not cause disease damage. So in reality it is the immune system that causes the immunity reaction. The vaccine just triggers the process.
This is why I have contended a person recovered from the infection has a good natural immunity. The actual virus triggers the immune system to cause the same response as a vaccine. The clear problem is the cell damage from the virus which kills kill body cells and can make up very sick and even cause us to die. So under most circumstances a person is better off with a vaccine than the actual disease.

The problems lie in the side effects of vaccines over time. In a few cases the vaccines actually caused the illness when the virus was not actually "killed" ( I use killed but some argue a virus is not alive to begin with, some say disabled.) There are other well known side effects over time. Old style vaccines had to raise live virus to make vaccines. To raise live virus requires a living host. Chicken eggs were a common choice. Some folks had a bad reaction to the eggs used.

This new style vaccine does not use live hosts is my understanding. I am not up to speed on everything about how it is made. What i gather is they use a DNA sequencing sort of technology to make the mRNA vaccines. This may have mistakes but for example say a lab has a tiny piece of you. Before they can sequence your DNA they have to make lots of copies to have enough material to test.
I think once they have the sequence of the covid virus they pick out the part that makes the outer protein spikes of the virus only. Not the rest of the virus sequence. They then make the vaccine based on that distinct spike protein. Here is where I am not clear about the process. Not sure if the vaccine is just a few million copies of the spike protein or if the vaccine has RNA type instructions that give our body cells instructions to make the correct antibody.
Either way could work I guess.
If you think I don't know how a vaccine works, then you obviously never read some of my past comments and links I gave when someone claimed the mRNA vaccine wasn't really a vaccine.

Why don't you go do some self learning how the mRNA vaccine works and how it differs from the old fashion vaccine. Lots of info right at your fingertips.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Why don't you go do some self learning how the mRNA vaccine works and how it differs from the old fashion vaccine. Lots of info right at your fingertips.
The main difference is an old fashioned vaccine causes the body to produce anti bodies. The mRNA jabs do not.

Not sure if it is still this way but in the early days the blood banks were paying extra for people with covid anti bodies. Jabbed folks were not able to donate.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously? You are saying having a substance injected into your body is the same as getting a DL?
I’m saying that the line you’re drawing between them is arbitrary.
You’ll allow the government to issue a person with a piece of paper that says they’re fit to drive but won’t submit to the idea that the government can issue a piece of paper to say that a person is fit to do other things.

Yeah, ok, if the government was asking to inject you with bleach, I’d probably object, but not on the grounds that they have no right to ask, but on the grounds that it’s quite clearly going to cause harm.

You already submit to a tonne of things that the government asks you to do, often without objection.
I wonder if your position might be different if it was a different president asking you to do these things.…

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The main difference is an old fashioned vaccine causes the body to produce anti bodies. The mRNA jabs do not.

Not sure if it is still this way but in the early days the blood banks were paying extra for people with covid anti bodies. Jabbed folks were not able to donate.
The mRNA vaccine does produce antibodies. Where do you get your knowlege from? Stop listening to garbage and teach yourself some truth.

Source: https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/understanding/therapy/mrnavaccines/

" mRNA vaccines work by introducing a piece of mRNA that corresponds to a viral protein, usually a small piece of a protein found on the virus’s outer membrane. (Individuals who get an mRNA vaccine are not exposed to the virus, nor can they become infected by the vaccine.) Using this mRNA blueprint, cells produce the viral protein. As part of a normal immune response, the immune system recognizes that the protein is foreign and produces specialized proteins called antibodies. Antibodies help protect the body against infection by recognizing individual viruses or other pathogens, attaching to them, and marking the pathogens for destruction. "

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Um….

“Two doses, separated by three to four weeks, is the tried-and-true approach to generate an effective immune response through vaccination, not just for COVID but for hepatitis A and B and other diseases as well.

The first dose primes the immune system and introduces the body to the germ of interest. This allows the immune system to prepare its defense. The second dose, or booster, provides the opportunity for the immune system to ramp up the quality and quantity of the antibodies used to fight the virus.”

Try again?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The mRNA vaccine does produce antibodies. Where do you get your knowlege from? Stop listening to garbage and teach yourself some truth.

Source: https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/understanding/therapy/mrnavaccines/

" mRNA vaccines work by introducing a piece of mRNA that corresponds to a viral protein, usually a small piece of a protein found on the virus’s outer membrane. (Individuals who get an mRNA vaccine are not exposed to the virus, nor can they become infected by the vaccine.) Using this mRNA blueprint, cells produce the viral protein. As part of a normal immune response, the immune system recognizes that the protein is foreign and produces specialized proteins called antibodies. Antibodies help protect the body against infection by recognizing individual viruses or other pathogens, attaching to them, and marking the pathogens for destruction. "
You beat me to it.
Good gawd, science is most definitely cancelled.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-judge-blocks-york-covid-191800804.html

The court papers said that all COVID-19 vaccines use cell lines derived from fetal tissue in their development, production, or testing.

The above makes me even less likely to get this type of vaccine
Except the Holy See says it isn't an issue. None of the mRNA vaccines use human tissue in the manufacture or production. They tested the vaccines on the cells (only two lines exist which date back to the 70's and 80's) when they were doing their due diligence in assuring they are safe.

Also, many other vaccines are tested this way...Hep C, varicella, etc.

One more thing, do those that object work for health care orgs that prescribe birth control and/or perform abortions? I bet most of them do. This is obviously an attempt to abuse the religious exemption.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; well the things is for 73 of my 74 years I have been free to decide if I want to take a medicine. Two summers ago I had an infection on my leg. I went to a doctor to have it checked. I went over the cleaning and care routine with the doctor. I was prescribed antibiotics. I decided to not take the antibiotics and see if I could get by without them. It worked. Could have been a mistake. Had the antibiotics handy just in case but did not need them.

Call it what you will but is smells like force to me.
You seem to like to throw the dice and take your chances, don't you? 'Cause, you know better than your MD.

Glad it worked out for you (truly). Infection at your age isn't a trifle. Neither is Covid.

Please dispose of the antibiotics that you didn't take - don't self medicate with them.
Sponsored