Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
True. However, the return to masks is directly due to lack of vaccinated employees.

In reality, it's no big deal. Just an irritant due to one more thing to remember in the morning when not caffeinated.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
For sure though, the unvaccinated do not get to do things others that are vaccinated can. Sports events, jobs, restaurants, schools, whatever.
Depends on what state you live in.

However, the return to masks is directly due to lack of vaccinated employees.
Again I don't get the logic. If you are jabbed why do you care about someone else?

And like the science has shown recovering from covid is at least as good as the jab.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
True but at a rate at least 100 times lower than those not vaccinated (at least the dying part).
Hello; You are slipping in a third group of people. I and a few others have been talking about those who recovered from the virus and have natural immunity. There is posted information natural immunity is as good as the vaccine immunity.

People who have never had the virus and are not vaccinated do indeed sometimes have a bad infection. Some combination of factors are, so far, contributing factors. Being obese. High BP. Old age may be the top three. Having a weakened or compromised immune system may be on the list.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Again I don't get the logic. If you are jabbed why do you care about someone else?
Because the CHANCE is still there even if smaller. It gets even smaller if you are also vaccinated. If my understanding is correct. Like layers of protection.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Pretty simple. The desired percentage of vaccinated isn't there at work, so ALL of us go back to wearing masks, not just the unvaccinated. Once another's choice affects me unnecessarily, I tend to get a little irritated. In this case, it's minor in the grand scheme of things....or is it?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
This is looking more and more like fairly recent history. Will us non jabbed need to wear a star?

Your papers please.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Because the CHANCE is still there even if smaller. It gets even smaller if you are also vaccinated. If my understanding is correct. Like layers of protection.
Hello; A vaccine you took is not giving the protection you feel entitled to, so the "right" of another person to refuse a medicine goes on the table. I understand this but do not agree.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
This is looking more and more like fairly recent history. Will us non jabbed need to wear a star?

Your papers please.
Hello; Not to mention you have had and recovered from the virus so you are not a risk regardless.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Hello; A vaccine you took is not giving the protection you feel entitled to, so the "right" of another person to refuse a medicine goes on the table. I understand this but do not agree.
Has nothing to do with entitled protection. If it's the one you love, don't you want the very best? So by going someplace where not everyone is as protected as they could be, now your loved one isn't the safest they can be. So a daughter can't have the wedding she wants, that you would like to provide her, because not all the guests get the protection required. Seems like a bunch of assholes in that perspective yeah? At the same time, I also don't agree with forcing it on everyone. So here we are...

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Hello; Not to mention you have had and recovered from the virus so you are not a risk regardless.
Hasn't this also already been shown as untrue? Like a couple posts up where someone had a few rounds of Covid separated by 6 months or so.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hello; I highlighted some telling bits of what you posted in an failed effort to dis the link I posted. Let me state my point again. I figure those who survived the covid infection on their own do not need a shot. That they have natural immunity strong and durable enough to protect them. This seems to be the case in the three highlighted and underlined bits above.

So the idea that a shot improves natural immunity is apparently based on an odd logic. If a person has a good immune system which fought off the virus itself without help, then the logic that follows is that same immune system can fight off the same virus again. The second or third time around the immune system kills off the invading virus much quicker and we often never know we were exposed.
Well, even though these studies out of Israel (that everyone seems to latch on to) may say that, they also say:

" The study also found that when recovered patients boosted their natural protection with a single vaccine shot — as recommended by Israeli health officials — their protection reached new highs, and they had approximately half the infection risk of other recovered patients.

Individuals who were previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant,” the study suggested.

“The long-term protection provided by a third dose, recently administered in Israel, is still unknown.
"

Source: https://www.timesofisrael.com/study...s-longer-lasting-delta-defense-than-vaccines/

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Has nothing to do with entitled protection. If it's the one you love, don't you want the very best? So by going someplace where not everyone is as protected as they could be, now your loved one isn't the safest they can be. So a daughter can't have the wedding she wants, that you would like to provide her, because not all the guests get the protection required. Seems like a bunch of assholes in that perspective yeah? At the same time, I also don't agree with forcing it on everyone. So here we are...
Well with this mentality why not mandate a flu shot also? Lets throw people in jail for sneezing in public.

Speeding causes crashes, lets limit all cars to 55 Mph and on and on and on until we have a perfectly safe society.

I refuse to be your or anyone's slave.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
If I chose to be homeless I wouldn't have to pay said taxes.
You would still pay taxes on anything you purchased, it's usually not even an option.
Sponsored