Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
This is interesting - Cornell U covid stats 2020 vs 2021. Caveat: this written by an antivax Cornell student but the data appears accurate. Nearly 5 times more cases reported this year, with 95% of students and faculty vaccinated, vs last year. He doesn't mention that almost all cases are asymptomatic or very mild symptoms but shows how contagious the delta variant is:

https://www.thecollegefix.com/despi...-covid-cases-than-it-did-this-time-last-year/
A good point and one that is regularly missed by the antivaxxers. Vaccination doesn't stop transmission and cases, although it does supress shedding, but crucially it does keep most people out of hospital and much fewer die. Remember the vaccine is given intramuscularly and stimulates central immunity, there is research ongoing about the possibility of intranasal boosters which would stimulate localised immunity in the nasopharynx. Intranasal vaccines have been used widely and in the 'face' of an outbreak.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
A good point and one that is regularly missed by the antivaxxers. Vaccination doesn't stop transmission and cases, although it does supress shedding, but crucially it does keep most people out of hospital and much fewer die. Remember the vaccine is given intramuscularly and stimulates central immunity, there is research ongoing about the possibility of intranasal boosters which would stimulate localised immunity in the nasopharynx. Intranasal vaccines have been used widely and in the 'face' of an outbreak.
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih...sal-covid-19-vaccine-effective-animal-studies

Interesting...

Seems the intranasal vaccine delivery method has the potential to reduce the level of live virus in the nose and lungs.

Current human trials are underway at Oxford testing the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih...sal-covid-19-vaccine-effective-animal-studies

Interesting...

Seems the intranasal vaccine delivery method has the potential to reduce the level of live virus in the nose and lungs.

Current human trials are underway at Oxford testing the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.
Indeed. There are pros and cons to both delivery methods in terms of the protection they provide, and certainly with COVID there are many systemic pathologies that intranasal vaccination alone may not provide sufficient protection. However a combination of the two could be a 'best of both worlds' type solution

A little more information here

Frontiers | Mucosal Immunity in COVID-19: A Neglected but Critical Aspect of SARS-CoV-2 Infection | Immunology (frontiersin.org)

Intranasal vaccines for SARS-CoV-2: From challenges to potential in COVID-19 management - ScienceDirect

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Just wait 500 years when the vaccines have evolved humans into 3 ft tall grey hermaphrodites with big black eyes. 👽 <---- no grey emoji, so settle for green. 😄

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll just leave this here.

C8E1F54B-E1E7-4476-953F-804BE47C8A55.jpeg

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Fully recovered from second vaccine shot. It whooped me a bit for sure! I was fine as long as not a single muscle was used but once I did stuff like breath, it was pain. Felt like an over done workout where you're so sore it feels like your muscles are pulling off of your bones and tendons when you stretch. Not embellishing here, even breathing made my chest feel like it was being ripped apart. Luckily it was only about 16 or so hours of that. Like the first shot, the morning of complete recovery felt great. It just had me feeling off or worse to the point when it was done, normal felt great. Short lived and now normal feels...normal. All the standard aches and pops and crackles and reminders of gravity and overeating. After work will be back to the regularly scheduled program of kickboxing and cycling. And now all this talk of boosters... The nurse that gave me shot two said that even the boosters are just more of the same stuff. I was hoping for a kind of software update to contend with variants like the annual flu shot but nope. Again, I no thing about how this stuff really works so just have to take "their" word for it or go insane. No way I'll be going to my local Tractor Supply for pharmaceuticals haha!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Luckily it was only about 16 or so hours of that
Your jab symptoms were FAR worse than my covid symptoms. I thought it was a 24 hour mild cold.
Sponsored