Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
People who pit state vs state are nearsighted and ignorant. Interesting how, among some of the states that right now are seeing the highest level of new cases/day of the entire pandemic, are Oregon and Washington!
Scroll down some on this web page and you can graph any state you want. There are states with higher daily new cases than WA and OR ... Like FL and TX. Note the Y-axis scale in each graph.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths/

Oregon Covid Cases.JPG

Washington Covid Cases.JPG

Texas Covid Cases.JPG

Florida Covid Cases.JPG

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the 7 day rolling average as of now, and shows the +/- from the previous 7 day rolling average. This is adjusted for each state's population, so avg daily cases per 100K over the last week.

1630810111341.png

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the 7 day rolling average as of now, and shows the +/- from the previous 7 day rolling average. This is adjusted for each state's population, so avg daily cases per 100K over the last week.

1630810111341.png
I see a lot of stats there that could be very easily misrepresented/manipulated by an amateur like me.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see a lot of stats there that could be very easily misrepresented/manipulated by an amateur like me.
Yes, it certainly could be twisted in many ways I'm sure. The other graphs showing the up/down waves give a whole different perspective.

Science is now cancelled? .... full circle. :wink: 😀

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
💪 I know you might be confused with science..just remember there is only two genders .🤣
Well as you well know that is not true. I think it is 64 and counting.

There have been more than 2 since time began - have you never heard of Intersex ?

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Well as you well know that is not true. I think it is 64 and counting.

There have been more than 2 since time began - have you never heard of Intersex ?
Yeah I forgot lady gage 🤣

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yeah I forgot lady gage 🤣
I identify as an Autobot. Thank you modern society! When I was 10 I never dreamt I could be on Optimus Prime’s team but here I am…

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
💪 I know you might be confused with science..just remember there is only two genders .🤣
Sexes. Not genders. You’re welcome.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Scroll down some on this web page and you can graph any state you want. There are states with higher daily new cases than WA and OR ... Like FL and TX. Note the Y-axis scale in each graph.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths/

Oregon Covid Cases.JPG

Washington Covid Cases.JPG

Texas Covid Cases.JPG

Florida Covid Cases.JPG
Yes that is true, I was pointing out those 2 states that I didn't expect to see breaking pandemic records for daily new cases. Most of the states (NE - i.e. NY, NJ, MA) that got hit hardest in the first wave aren't seeing their highest daily case counts in this delta wave. Remember the first outbreak was in WA.

Last edited:

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
This is interesting - Cornell U covid stats 2020 vs 2021. Caveat: this written by an antivax Cornell student but the data appears accurate. Nearly 5 times more cases reported this year, with 95% of students and faculty vaccinated, vs last year. He doesn't mention that almost all cases are asymptomatic or very mild symptoms but shows how contagious the delta variant is:

https://www.thecollegefix.com/despi...-covid-cases-than-it-did-this-time-last-year/

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Haha no problem being called a "kook" by a nitwit. Even more hilarious that someone who spent a career in science and advocates and posts sound scientific data is considered a "kook" in this thread by someone who knows nothing about it! :cwl:
But you are a kook. You thought I worked at a bank and that I was some rando forum member that you berated in the past. You are going on and on about nothing and expect deference because of some supposed scientific background.

Try focusing on the science rather than extolling your scientific virtues and being an insulting ass.

The legit scientists I know (and train) would be laughing in your face right now.

Your schtick has become trite.

EDIT: I actually get it now. I had forgot, but you are butt-hurt over the exchange we had when you first came into this thread trying to be Sheriff. You didn't like the supposed politics and the fact we were talking about vaccines here (and had not been shut down) and I told you stay out of the Off Topic Forum if you didn't like it.

Your bias is painful.

Last edited: