MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Doesn't the F150 Lightning fit the bill - if you REALLY must have a TRUCK ! :wink:
The upcoming Lightning looks pretty amazing, while I think the pre-orders were a little low, I think it'll become the "go to" EV truck product. Traditional styling, great entry price, "work" version, huge frunk (which solves a pickup truck issue, closed/lockable storage), fast, all sorts of slick tech.

The ability to use it as a power source, that's the money shot. It's like a mobile Tesla power wall - with the specific Ford charger, it's easily plugged into your house.

The neighbor who follows my car shenanigans is pretty old school, but when they saw me go EV, they're ready, and they'd probably buy the F150 L today if it was available.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
A giant Tesla battery pack burst into flames during testing, and it took 150 firefighters 4 days to put out (msn.com)

Hello; I guess this is similar to the story about how hard it is to put out a burning EV vehicle. Was it 32,000 gallons of water. My brother who teaches mine safety and has run mine rescue mentioned the use of a foam. I know foam use to be used on aircraft carriers, but am not sure if the latest foam is the same.
Thing is this was only one battery pack. There were many more. Good that it did not spread.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Well, trying to work out what you are on about....

The crux I believe is: I'm not interested in your story, and am not prepared to offer an opinion because I do not have all the information.

You have in interest in part of my link, have added your own bits, and formed an uninformed opinion which you have shared.

Bored of this now ...
Hello; My last sentence summed it up. You want to decide what you are interested in and I want to decide for myself as well. You wrote critical posts about my decision of what was of interest to me, yet used the very same to say you are not interested in my betta fish story.

You even threw in another un-needed put down above.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
A giant Tesla battery pack burst into flames during testing, and it took 150 firefighters 4 days to put out (msn.com)

Hello; I guess this is similar to the story about how hard it is to put out a burning EV vehicle. Was it 32,000 gallons of water. My brother who teaches mine safety and has run mine rescue mentioned the use of a foam. I know foam use to be used on aircraft carriers, but am not sure if the latest foam is the same.
Thing is this was only one battery pack. There were many more. Good that it did not spread.
Fire breaks out at largest oil refinery on the West Coast - BBC News

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; My last sentence summed it up. You want to decide what you are interested in and I want to decide for myself as well. You wrote critical posts about my decision of what was of interest to me, yet used the very same to say you are not interested in my betta fish story.

You are talking to yourself on this one ....

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

Who cares what you are interested in?

The problem is you want to make substantive comments without having all the information. You refuse to read articles presented to you but then you want to argue the fine points of the articles. Wash-rinse-repeat with you.

If you are not interested in something, control yourself and move along instead of making comments based on what just pops in your head.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
An explosion at the Marathon Refinery, which is located in Carson near Los Angeles, led to a huge fire that crews battled to put out overnight into Wednesday.
Flames were sent 100ft into the air and could be seen from miles away.
There were no reported injuries.

So oil refinery fire gets put out overnight, 4 days to snuff out a battery fire......

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So oil refinery fire gets put out overnight, 4 days to snuff out a battery fire......
things are simpler when the burning stuff isn't generating it's own O2.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Who cares what you are interested in?

The problem is you want to make substantive comments without having all the information. You refuse to read articles presented to you but then you want to argue the fine points of the articles. Wash-rinse-repeat with you.

If you are not interested in something, control yourself and move along instead of making comments based on what just pops in your head.
Hello; It was a surprise back when such a dust up got started after I made such a nothing comment about the poster thread. Just an observation both people made a bad move. Thing is that was the end of it for me yet you and a few others went on and on and on about my particular comment. So it follows that you and the others must by definition care.
Lot and lots of others who read this thread made no posts at all about my comments. I do figure they do not care for sure. That is one way to figure some one does not care. For example you could not respond at all to this post of mine.

I did look at/read the link. As stated before I made a comment only on the parts of interest to me. The rest I did not comment about. May be news to you but that is what lots of us do, even you sometimes. Pick one or two things from a post to comment about.
I will illustrate. I am not interested at all in the stuff you wrote in the last paragraph, so I will not comment about it. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
things are simpler when the burning stuff isn't generating it's own O2.
Hello; I almost put a comment in when I posted about the battery fire saying that I realize oil products can catch fire. Interesting that the very first reply was about an oil fire. I get it-either can catch fire.
Both can be bad, but a battery pack fire is a much bigger deal it would seem. I also wonder if the smoke from a battery fire has more or less toxic stuff than an oil fire?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This seems to fit here somehow.

FB118559-21FE-4A7E-998A-EB6F80742E55.png

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Covid: Where and why is the US vaccine rollout slowing down? - BBC News

Interesting that in the UK vaccination is universally supported across both 'sides' of politics (except the loonies) whereas this seems not to be the case in the US.

Major rise in public support for COVID vaccine – Oxford study | University of Oxford - this has been borne out in practice where vaccine rates are very high now.

I had to sit down when I read that 1 in 5 US citizens thought the vaccine contains a microchip.

Why won’t Americans get vaccinated? | YouGov

I don't know about science being cancelled - I think the US has more serious issues than just science!
Sponsored