Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Seems that taking out the first paragraph completely changes the discussion, as it is the essence of the issue. If the sign were in someone's yard, the circumstance would be totally different. Someone posted a bill on public property with the intention of cutting with a razor blade anyone who tried to remove it, regardless to who that person may be and what their motive may be. No one deserves to be cut by a razor blade (manned or unmanned) for attempting to remove a poster. That's an American view, albeit a single one, at least one from someone who has dealt with countless boobytraps.
Hello; We are in agreement about the trap.
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hello; We are in agreement about the trap.
And about the poster? Seems that a worthwhile scenario, and one that would eventually be humorous, would be that one posts, the other takes down and replaces, and that continues until one or the other tires of the game or law enforcement intervenes. Seems much more appropriate for an advanced democracy, such as ours.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
And about the poster? Seems that a worthwhile scenario, and one that would eventually be humorous, would be that one posts, the other takes down and replaces, and that continues until one or the other tires of the game or law enforcement intervenes. Seems much more appropriate for an advanced democracy, such as ours.
Hello; Thought I had made that clear. one person should not tear down another's poster. If the poster is in an illegal place let the authorities deal with it is fine.
Say I park illegally in a handicap zone. Does some other private citizen get to damage my car and move it? I think not. For one private citizen to take the law into their own hands is wrong in such a case.
Some have posted that any citizen has a right to tear down a poster in a public place. Does not seem correct. Call the authorities sure. Maybe the UK has vigilante justice, I do not know. To me the person tearing down the poster did a bad act in doing so. That was my point.

Seems pretty clear there was content on the poster some on here did not like. So in their mind the woman tearing down the poster was in the right because the cut woman had a poster they do like. Same as they feel entitled to call others names and use put downs on this forum against anyone who has a point of view they do not like. A few tried to hide behind the public place idea so as to avoid throwing fault at the woman for tearing down the poster.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The only dumb question is the one not asked.
I vehemently disagree and offer this thread as evidence ...

I shall join the masses when "they" make us all turn into space locusts and consume the cosmos...
I know a couple of space locusts, they say the insurance package is good, hours are decent, and having to consume all life on any planets in your path gets pretty fun by the 2nd or 3rd time ...

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; Thought I had made that clear. one person should not tear down another's poster. If the poster is in an illegal place let the authorities deal with it is fine.
Say I park illegally in a handicap zone. Does some other private citizen get to damage my car and move it? I think not. For one private citizen to take the law into their own hands is wrong in such a case.
Some have posted that any citizen has a right to tear down a poster in a public place. Does not seem correct. Call the authorities sure. Maybe the UK has vigilante justice, I do not know. To me the person tearing down the poster did a bad act in doing so. That was my point.

Seems pretty clear there was content on the poster some on here did not like. So in their mind the woman tearing down the poster was in the right because the cut woman had a poster they do like. Same as they feel entitled to call others names and use put downs on this forum against anyone who has a point of view they do not like. A few tried to hide behind the public place idea so as to avoid throwing fault at the woman for tearing down the poster.
It is not your point of view, but your point of facts that I have issue with. That, and your oft confusing and non-analogous comparisons.

Also, why do you incessantly feel the need to call out specific others here over and over in your ramblings?

We all get it...you don't need to keep up with your attacks (yes, attacks).

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
It is not your point of view, but your point of facts that I have issue with. That, and your oft confusing and non-analogous comparisons.

Also, why do you incessantly feel the need to call out specific others here over and over in your ramblings?

We all get it...you don't need to keep up with your attacks (yes, attacks).
Simple way to deal with him and you don’t even have to put him on ignore, when you see a post start with “hello:” just keep scrolling. He’s just a troll that funnily enough doesn’t even own a Mustang.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Simple way to deal with him and you don’t even have to put him on ignore, when you see a post start with “hello:” just keep scrolling. He’s just a troll that funnily enough doesn’t even own a Mustang.
Thought I was the only one 😆 but I guess not.

He got me a few times not going to lie but I learned

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hello; Interesting that such a fuss has arisen from my comment about the poster incident. The essence of my comment was that both parties were wrong ( made bad moves) in the poster incident. That was as far as my comment went. So much has been falsely implied and twisted since then.

One is on a high horse about UK law. Thing is whether a law was broken was never any part of my first comment. I did not check to see that the incident took place in the UK. I focused on the actions of the two parties. One tore down a poster of the other. The other taped a razor blade so as to booby trap. Both action were a bad move was the full extent of my comment.

It is bad to damage another's property. It is bad to set a trap which hurts another. Clear enough right.

The interesting thing is they seem to think they are getting over on me in this little dust up. I think it is kinda funny at this point.

I also find some humor in that so far none have answered the betta fish question. Maybe if I tell which side I took, then they could take the other side. If they go first they may wind up on the same side as me. Naw, I will not tell which side I took yet.
As mentioned before - giving an opinion when you either don't know (or don't bother finding out) is uninformed and hence of little value. It is also amusing you think there is a 'they' that you are somehow fighting against - paranoia perhaps ? I have no allegiance with anybody else on here and simply respond to other posts.

I really don't care about what side or other you took in your fishy tail. I have already explained multiple times that I am not in a position to have a valid opinion.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
"The yellow anti-mask poster was found by a crossing in Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff, on Tuesday evening."

Nowhere in the piece does it say the poster was hung illegally
giving an opinion when you either don't know (or don't bother finding out) is uninformed and hence of little value.
Might be a good idea to take your own advice.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Parking illegally versus hanging a poster in public spaces is a terrible analogy. Once it is posted on public property it is no longer yours. I could care less about the content of the poster. Could announce a yard sale or a lost kitty for that matter. If you want to put up a poster (or paint graffiti) do it on private property. Otherwise, one person's poster is another person's litter. Woodsy Owl would have removed it too. Would someone advocate cutting Woodsy?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
"The yellow anti-mask poster was found by a crossing in Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff, on Tuesday evening."

Nowhere in the piece does it say the poster was hung illegally

Might be a good idea to take your own advice.
Hello; You can go back several pages to the post where the poster incident was started, then look at my comments. I made what to me was a simple observation and did not think it was a big deal.
I know it is not worth the time and effort to read thru how first one, then another and another jumped on my comment. Twisting what I said.
Reminds me of the thread called pet peeves where I mentioned how failure to merge on an interstate when a lane is closed can cause a backup. Some of the same crew did the same thing. I may have burned one or a few at some time and they want to get back at me. Most likely they are a crew who just does this sort of thing and I am not a particular target. One of them will start and the others pile on.
Saw some of that sort of behavior in public schools. Cliques reinforcing each others bad behavior.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
except for this comment you might be creditable.

Answer this.

Why has flu been basically eradicated since mask orders?
Why has covid continued to spread even while flu has been stopped?
From your comments I know that you aren't familiar with healthcare or medical practices so I'll go easy on you.

Flu has not been "basically eradicated" though it has been greatly reduced by the mask mandates, and distancing. Rather, healthcare professionals have not been frequently testing for the flu. Our priority has been testing for COVID - definitely true for this past winter and flu season.

For example, I have not ordered a flu test ONCE beginning in Jan 2020 till now. Just because we didn't test for it - doesn't mean it has disappeared. You are using false equivalence here. Cancel that thinking my guy.

Let me know when you wrap your head around that concept. Realize that flu is still around. Though it has been reduced to some degree.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Let me know when you wrap your head around that concept. Realize that flu is still around. Though it has been reduced to some degree.
I know it's not gone, just numbers are way down.

Thank you for telling us what I had suspected, testing for flu is also way down.

That could mean flu deaths have not dropped, they have been reported as covid if and when a patient tested positive for covid. This because once positive for covid no more testing was done.

Am I correct in this thinking?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I've been tempted to ask about about it, I mean, if you're having a conversation with someone - which is pretty analogous to posting/replying back-and-forth in the same thread - would you preface every response with a greeting?

I'm going to try it, next time I chat up the neighbor:

"Hello, how'd it go, catch any flounder?"

"Yeah, killed it, I'll bring you over some after I clean 'em"

"Hello, that sounds great"
Sponsored