Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
A Tesla Megapack Caught Fire At A Giant Battery Site In Australia (msn.com)

Hello; I think this was one of the battery energy storage setups so excess energy can be saved in batteries to be used when the sun does not shine or the wind does not blow.

Anticipating possible criticism it was mentioned gas cars catch on fire also. This is true and I do not have a criticism about this. To me battery storage of solar or wind or both in a good idea. Makes sense and seems a best use idea. Does not matter the batteries are heavy or bulky. I do like a whole lot the idea of renewable energy and ways to store the energy.

I even like the idea that some can have an EV to drive around if such is their choice. I stop liking when faced with the notion I will have to have one. I will put it off as long a s possible.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I could mention how you will need a new battery pack more than once in 20 years but that is not a factor for some time.
I won't need anything, 3 year lease and done. It's fast, quiet, roomy due to the lack of a transmission tunnel, gas tank, in the trunk we had a ~21 quart Camp-Zero + dolly, 3 rollers, computer bag, 2 "personal" bags, and a large bag for the changeover clothes for our days at the park back on this end, and our daughter (who's very tall) had like a foot of room behind the passenger seat. We didn't even use the frunk :D

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I won't need anything, 3 year lease and done. It's fast, quiet, roomy due to the lack of a transmission tunnel, gas tank, in the trunk we had a ~21 quart Camp-Zero + dolly, 3 rollers, computer bag, 2 "personal" bags, and a large bag for the changeover clothes for our days at the park back on this end, and our daughter (who's very tall) had like a foot of room behind the passenger seat. We didn't even use the frunk :D
Hello; Actually as strange as it may seem talking about EV's is a relief after a few days of Covid.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
...Covid.
Google delays its plans to re-open offices, will require employees to get vaccinated

Pichai also confirmed that the company plans to make vaccination mandatory for all Google employees returning to the campus. The company will roll out this policy to employees in the U.S. in the coming weeks with plans to expand it to other regions in the coming months. Pichai also noted that the company will not apply the policy until vaccines are readily available in the local area.

https://www.neowin.net/news/google-...ces-will-require-employees-to-get-vaccinated/

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Google delays its plans to re-open offices, will require employees to get vaccinated

Pichai also confirmed that the company plans to make vaccination mandatory for all Google employees returning to the campus. The company will roll out this policy to employees in the U.S. in the coming weeks with plans to expand it to other regions in the coming months. Pichai also noted that the company will not apply the policy until vaccines are readily available in the local area.

https://www.neowin.net/news/google-...ces-will-require-employees-to-get-vaccinated/
Hello; I drove a school bus. They required a piss test. I had no problem with that. An employer ought to be able to set standards. I also took baths and wore clean clothes.
I had to have a physical ever every school year with a TB test. I was a teacher.

I did get the flu shots when working but it was not required. Not sure I like this mandatory covid shot. Partly because it is still an emergency use thing and a worker will not have much recourse in terms of having problems because of no liability for the vaccine makers, shot givers and all.

Yes there is a federal program where someone injured by the vaccine or the way it was stored or injected can make a claim, but that does not affect the companies themselves. I have the info somewhere.

So if a company mandates the vaccine while it is still under emergency use status will the employer assume liability if the vaccine goes bad?

I would have to need the job real bad to be forced to take the jab if I had already decide not to.

(By the way jtmat you hooked me back into covid with one word. Makes me think of the EMU commercial on the treadmills. "Since you asked.....")( I am just too easy)

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
https://www.pnas.org/content/118/21/e2105968118

An interesting read. It lays out a possible way for mRNA to integrate itself into our DNA.

Some other papers say this might be possible but not likely.

Anyway more info to digest.

Some humor.

This follows my tin foil hat theory that our Alien overlords are starting the process of converting us from breathing O2 and switching us to methane.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
“We know that certain viruses such as HIV are able to insert their RNA into the human genome, but only after they have converted it into DNA,” he says. “This is accomplished via a virus enzyme called reverse transcriptase – an enzyme humans don’t have.”

Just thought I paste this since they are calling the mRNA vaccine safe due to humans not having this enzyme.

What is to stop this enzyme being given in second or subsequent jabs?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
https://www.pnas.org/content/118/21/e2105968118

An interesting read. It lays out a possible way for mRNA to integrate itself into our DNA.

Some other papers say this might be possible but not likely.

Anyway more info to digest.

Some humor.

This follows my tin foil hat theory that our Alien overlords are starting the process of converting us from breathing O2 and switching us to methane.
Hello; Here is where I may show a corrupted memory. A thing I seem to recall is bacteria, virus and early organisms have traded, shared and incorporated from each other thru time. I may be wrong but seem to recall leaning some basic structures of a cell were captured. Mitochondria maybe?

Anyway when a cell is doing it's normal work it uses RNA to carry instructions about how to make proteins. The instructions are in the DNA and the section of a strand makes a copy of the instructions onto the RNA.

I will have to read more when I am not so tired.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
“We know that certain viruses such as HIV are able to insert their RNA into the human genome, but only after they have converted it into DNA,” he says. “This is accomplished via a virus enzyme called reverse transcriptase – an enzyme humans don’t have.”

Just thought I paste this since they are calling the mRNA vaccine safe due to humans not having this enzyme.

What is to stop this enzyme being given in second or subsequent jabs?
Hello; In one of the Jurassic Park films there is a line. Nature will find a way. Not trying to imply anything.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Model S? Test drove one and it was pretty cool for a few minutes. Glad I got my V8 but I am not anti EV at all either. For what it is, the model S is overall pretty good. Not 130k good but good lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
One thing that has kept me waiting is the percentage of a percentage just to get it. First you need to be in proximity of it, then it has to make it's way inside you.
My wife doesn’t want to get the vaccine just yet because the risks outweigh the benefits (in her mind).
She looks at the relative absence of the virus in our community and sees the vaccine as the greater of two evils (at this time). To me, it’s ludicrous given her chronic asthma, and I’m quite sure that a doctor would giver her an alternative strategy.

Having said all of that, she’s currently avoiding seeing a doctor regarding some lumps under her armpits because……wait for it…. “It could be something bad”.

So, instead of finding out what it is and getting treatment, she spends her time worrying about the possibility of this unknown cause, whilst also avoiding a vaccine because it also “could” be bad….
Irrational and illogical? Most certainly.

Now, if you lived in certain parts of India, you’d more than likely be prepared to ”take your chances” (I’m facepalming as I type those words) with the vaccine.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; There you go jumping on the band wagon. Did anyone, including me, say putting a razor blade on the poster was an OK thing to do?
I didn’t say or even suggest that you said it was ok.
I asked a question, as denoted by the question mark at the end of the sentence. Yes, it’s a subtle nuance, but English is full of subtleties and nuances.

Did you bother to actually answer the question or were you too busy making false accusations?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I hope your wife will seek out treatment for the lump. Most "issues" if caught early are treatable.

I know you are a non believer but I will add her to my prayers.

Getting the jab is a personal decision. I recovered from covid and now have antibodies for it. That made the decision easy, even my Dr's agreed that it was not necessary for me to have it. Had I not had the covid I might be in the jabbed camp.

I stand by my concerns about it's long term safety.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Model S? Test drove one and it was pretty cool for a few minutes. Glad I got my V8 but I am not anti EV at all either. For what it is, the model S is overall pretty good. Not 130k good but good lol.
I think the issues with Tesla are not the concept but the shoddy way it is built. It is one of (if not the) worst cars for reliability / build quality of those sold in the UK. Agree a ÂŁ100k car needs to be better. Fortunately cheaper EV options are available, including the excellent Mach-E
Sponsored