Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
f you don't like that then fair enough - but in the UK that is how it is.
Still was not the persons place to remove the poster. She should have reported it to the proper authorities and they would have dealt with it.
Posters of inaccurate information about public health and in a way that can cause harm is illegal in the UK. Opinions that are offensive and classed as 'hate speech' are illegal in the UK.
100% glad I don't live there. Who gets to decide what is offensive? or inaccurate, or hate?????

Unfortunatly some are trying real hard to mirror your speech law here in the States.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Uh-oh,

In July 2021, following multiple large public events in a Barnstable County, Massachusetts, town, 469 COVID-19 cases were identified among Massachusetts residents who had traveled to the town during July 3–17; 346 (74%) occurred in fully vaccinated persons.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7031e2.htm?s_cid=mm7031e2_w
I don't think this is that surprising. The vaccine has never claimed to prevent infection, it does reduce the severity of illness and risk of death. In the UK where 'delta' is over 90% of circulating virus, case rates are still high and plenty of people are 'catching COVID' when double vaccinated - BUT (and it is a very BIG BUT) they are not ending up in hospital and very few die, even less when you take into account co-morbidities. Delta is well established here and is not threatening the vaccine efficacy.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
So no vaccination and could die.
Get vaccinated and could die but less of a chance.
Either way, could die by any number of tons of things that could happen every second.

One thing that has kept me waiting is the percentage of a percentage just to get it. First you need to be in proximity of it, then it has to make it's way inside you. As a gamer, when that sweet piece of loot is a percentage of certain thing spawning and then a percentage of that thing dropping the loot you want, I never ever get it. Can take it either way, luck so bad the one time it works in my favor is for the thing I don't want lol.

Edit: But I guess being vaccinated makes it a percentage of a percentage of a percentage right?
I've edited for you:

So no vaccination and could die.
Get vaccinated and could die but MUCH less of a chance.

About 90% less chance of death.

UK figures:

Cases

1627681831371.png

Deaths

1627681854197.png

The difference between the December / January deaths to cases and now - vaccination. 99% of cases in the UK are delta now. The vaccine works.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Still was not the persons place to remove the poster. She should have reported it to the proper authorities and they would have dealt with it.
That may well be true, but the point is, that no matter WHO removed the poster, it’s likely that someone was going to be injured.
Does the person placing the poster have the right to injure someone who is authorised to carry out their job?

100% glad I don't live there. Who gets to decide what is offensive? or inaccurate, or hate?????
I agree with you that people need to be able to say things that may offend others. That’s a big part of a functional democracy. Differing opinions MUST be permitted. The other side of that coin is that nobody should be compelled to listen to those opinions, nor should private companies be compelled to provide a platform for those opinions. That’s how freedom works isn’t it?

Accuracy is decided by evidence. There aren’t two versions of “truth”. There is that which is supported by evidence and there’s….bullshit.

If you want to accept the evidence and come to a different conclusion, that’s fine. Again, that’s a big part of a functional democracy. But rejecting the evidence and inserting your own “truths” is essentially disinformation.

I’ll leave hate speech alone. Too subjective.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
If you want to accept the evidence and come to a different conclusion, that’s fine. Again, that’s a big part of a functional democracy.
That is exactly what I have done with the MMGW crap. I believe the evidence, not the conclusions. Same with masks and vaccines.

Also I would never condone boobie trapping anything.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That is exactly what I have done with the MMGW crap. I believe the evidence, not the conclusions.
I don’t think you’ve even looked at the evidence properly. Your posts to date seem to indicate as much.

I think you‘ve looked at a bunch of shit that was designed to convince you of the opinion you already hold, and when it confirmed those opinions, you stopped looking for any rebuttals to those arguments.

Statements like “CO2 only makes up a small percentage of our atmosphere” indicate that you have NO idea HOW it works.

Statements like “Mars has a higher concentration of CO2“ indicate that you didn’t even bother to look into it once you got the answer you wanted.

At no point in the past 224 pages, have you presented ANYTHING that even remotely challenges the science in this area. Not once.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have.

Pointing out the absurd by being absurd.
No. You’ve shown us how poorly educated and incredibly impermeable to new ideas and scepticism you really are.

You‘ve tried to interpret graphs like a 6 year old.
You've shown us that you have no idea about paleo-climate, physics and a range of areas of expertise that not one of us is an expert in, but where a few have actually taken the time to try and educate themselves because they value LEARNING.

Wilful ignorance isn’t a virtue. It’s stupidity dressed up in ideology.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
That may well be true, but the point is, that no matter WHO removed the poster, it’s likely that someone was going to be injured.
Does the person placing the poster have the right to injure someone who is authorised to carry out their job?

I agree with you that people need to be able to say things that may offend others. That’s a big part of a functional democracy. Differing opinions MUST be permitted. The other side of that coin is that nobody should be compelled to listen to those opinions, nor should private companies be compelled to provide a platform for those opinions. That’s how freedom works isn’t it?

Accuracy is decided by evidence. There aren’t two versions of “truth”. There is that which is supported by evidence and there’s….bullshit.

If you want to accept the evidence and come to a different conclusion, that’s fine. Again, that’s a big part of a functional democracy. But rejecting the evidence and inserting your own “truths” is essentially disinformation.

I’ll leave hate speech alone. Too subjective.
Hello; There you go jumping on the band wagon. Did anyone, including me, say putting a razor blade on the poster was an OK thing to do? NO is the answer.
Say I told you that the rattle snake would not have bitten you if you had not picked it up. Some on here would twist that around to that I mean you deserved to get bitten.

No innocent person got injured so the hypothetical is just that, a hypothetical. The razor blade was a bad move. The tearing down the poster was also a bad move.

There is a concept called Karma. Maybe that is the best way to put it. In the case of the woman with the cut hand, karma was a bit*h. Did she "deserve" to be cut? No, but she caused part of her own problem. Perhaps better her than some innocent as she clearly was not innocent.

I do not like censorship at all. I expect to have a free range of expression for my views and will tolerate the views of others. I hope to have a civil discussion but can put up with the pointless the name calling and putdowns of you and a few others. To claim you somehow have the lock on what is proper and correct is arrogant, yet you keep doing so. You say "people need to be able to say things that may offend others".
Then in the next paragraph you ruin it with "But rejecting the evidence and inserting your own “truths” is essentially disinformation." And as in these threads it becomes only what you accept can be the "truth".

It seems I touched a nerve or two today on CJJon and three of you are on the warpath to get even. You tried but it did not stick.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
St. Aug to a flight out of MCO [Orlando], returned a few days later, and headed over to a room/suite at the Portofino, a few more days, headed home.

Total cost for ~280 miles, ~$4.00

Now who was the fuckwit saying it more costly to drive an EV? :cwl:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
St. Aug to a flight out of MCO [Orlando], returned a few days later, and headed over to a room/suite at the Portofino, a few more days, headed home.

Total cost for ~280 miles, ~$4.00

Now who was the fuckwit saying it more costly to drive an EV? :cwl:
Hello; I use to have a conversation with a friend who drives a diesel car. In the USA the cost of diesel is almost always a lot higher per gallon. Sometimes 60 or more cents per gallon. His car will get around 5O MPG. My car will get around 35 MPG. When diesel is only 15 to 20 cents more per gallon he is clearly ahead on the cost of fuel. I forget where the break even point is when we are even on fuel cost.

Then I figure he had to pay more to get a diesel than I did for a naturally aspirated gasoline car of similar size. His car is heavier so uses up more tires, brakes and things weight hurts. Not clear when the initial cost difference will become nil.

I got lucky in that my car has been very trouble free. He is on the second or third turbo and his 2001 car has been in the shop a lot. My car broke down once since 2001 new last winter. It was an antitheft chip part. I cannot count the luck of having a reliable car as some I have owned have been dogs.

I have been driving my 2001 ICE for twenty years with one $540 shop bill. I do my own brakes and other stuff. I made sure to get an engine with a timing chain so to avoid the expensive belt replacement every 90,000 or so miles.

I could mention how you will need a new battery pack more than once in 20 years but that is not a factor for some time. My buddy will sometimes have to pay 80 cents per gallon more for diesel than I do for gas, but he is still tickled when we figure up his 50+ MPG. It makes him happy and I keep my thoughts to myself anymore.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You‘ve tried to interpret graphs like a 6 year old.
Even a 6 YR old can see the graphs show a pattern. How you can't see that is beyond me. What causes the pattern is not known.
You've shown us that you have no idea about paleo-climate, physics and a range of areas of expertise that not one of us is an expert in
No, I am not an expert in any of those fields, but I am smart enough to know there have been ice ages and non-ice ages. All before man was here.
because they value LEARNING.
I love learning new stuff, so far nothing about climate change can be pinned on man using oil as a fuel. It is natural and we cannot stop it. Did we cause it to come on sooner? I don't know, possible but doubtful.

When you insult people it generally shows a lack of intellect and always shows a lack of character.
Sponsored