Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Even if for the better good, the Constitution limits what the gov can do restricting us as citizens. I have a problem with illegal orders.
How tragic. Constitutional rights are more important than what is best for health - you have just written that down. What a mess you are in!
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
everyone I know STILL wear a mask because, unlike you apartently, they know the vaccinne does not mean you can't carry or catch covid.
In FFX county lots of mask wearing still going on, true. West of US-15 though, vastly less to none for over a year. I am eternally grateful to the vDOT for the invisible mile high virus zapper screen they strung along US-15 last June. Pity they didn't place it around Arlington and share some with MD to encircle DC.

I about cried when I saw a yard full of kindergarten kids playing outside full mask and the teacher had no mask at a DHS facility in FFX Gov't plaza. I was there to get some paperwork. The security guards had no mask on either. And not a peep from them about my not wearing one either.

May 13 - that was more than likely a good answer. You should know, as stated by many others countless times, information changes. That is the way it goes.
And yet the science on 'masks' has been consistent for 15 years and multiple times in 2020. NOT ONE study showed a statistical benefit. Read the CDC's own hack job from like September. The executive summary says "they work" but the data a few pages down clearly shows they don't. Nothing more than torturing the science to fit the political narrative.

Seems weird to be posting the same BS over and over on a forum when people are trying to have an honest conversation.
Anyone 'honest' would have actually read something, and not just the official pabulum from a now demonstrably corrupt institution.
If the State legislators want to vote on mask laws and lockdowns, I'm ok with that.
And yet they are rescinding "emergency" powers and censuring executive officers for abuse of authority. Hell even the people of CA are so angry they are going to recall their feckless governor.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing more than torturing the science to fit the political narrative.
What is the political narrative? Here in Australia, BOTH sides agree that masks work. That’s true in most countries.
It’s not the fault of scientists that many Americans seem to think It’s based in political ideology.

Our PM is an evangelical and even HE is able to accept the science without turning it into a shit-show.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
And yet the science on 'masks' has been consistent for 15 years and multiple times in 2020. NOT ONE study showed a statistical benefit. Read the CDC's own hack job from like September. The executive summary says "they work" but the data a few pages down clearly shows they don't. Nothing more than torturing the science to fit the political narrative.
Please don't make statements that are untrue. Plenty of information available for you on the benefits of mask wearing, especially when compliance is good. And just think for a moment - flu and the common cold have all but disappeared in the UK at present, why do you think that is? Social distancing and mask wearing is the answer, it doesn't just work for COVID it works for any respiratory pathogens.

An evidence review of face masks against COVID-19 | PNAS

Upgraded FFP3 face masks ‘cut hospital Covid infections by 100 per cent’ (telegraph.co.uk)

Physical distancing, face masks, and eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis - ScienceDirect

Risk Factors for SARS among Persons without Known Contact with SARS Patients, Beijing, China (nih.gov)

The First Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial of Mask Use in Households to Prevent Respiratory Virus Transmission - International Journal of Infectious Diseases (ijidonline.com)

Science Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | CDC

Effectiveness of Mask Wearing to Control Community Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | Infectious Diseases | JAMA | JAMA Network

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent response.

I particularly liked this statement:

“We recruited 286 adults with exposure to respiratory infections in the Australian winters of 2006 and 2007 - 94 adults were randomized to surgical masks, 90 to P2 masks and 102 to the control group. Using intention to treat analysis, we found no significant difference in the relative risk of respiratory illness in the mask groups compared to control group. However, compliance with mask use was less than 50%. In an adjusted analysis of compliant subjects, masks as a group had protective efficacy in excess of 80% against clinical influenza-like illness. The efficacy against proven viral infection and between P2 masks (57%) and surgical masks (33%) was non-significant.”

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
What is the political narrative? Here in Australia, BOTH sides agree that masks work. That’s true in most countries.
It’s not the fault of scientists that many Americans seem to think It’s based in political ideology.

Our PM is an evangelical and even HE is able to accept the science without turning it into a shit-show.
Completely agree. Nothing political about wearing masks. All agree on their use across the political spectrum in the UK.

A few weirdo conspiracy theorists don't - but hey, they struggle to tie their own shoe laces without it being seen a sign of corrupt forces controlling them.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Wearing a mask is such a simple thing. It absolutely will not make things worse and just might save someone's life. Seems like a trivial thing to do to.

Why some fight so hard to avoid wearing them is almost beyond my ability to comprehend.

Humans suck.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Why some fight so hard to avoid wearing them is almost beyond my ability to comprehend.

Humans suck.
Just because you have comprehension issues, don't paint other humans with the same brush. You only think humans suck because of your anecdotal experiences where you are the common element.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Just because you have comprehension issues, don't paint other humans with the same brush. You only think humans suck because of your anecdotal experiences where you are the common element.
Come now, humans suck because...well...humans suck. That is a fact.

People who refuse to wear masks (for whatever reason) potentially kill others by transmitting the virus. That is also a fact.

Wearing a mask is a trivial thing. It doesn't threaten your freedoms in the least. Also fact.

See where this is going?

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
People still arguing about masks? Sure they help - but do mandates stop these waves - no. Wearing masks are obviously better than nothing. The emphasis should be on vaccination - that is the only truly efficacious way to tamp down this pandemic to more manageable seasonal levels going forward. This virus will not go away, and will be another component of future seasonal flu vaccines.

That said, at least here in the US, the rollout has been botched by mixed messaging re: mask wearing when fully vaccinated, and most egregiously, the CDC/FDA pause of the J&J vaccine on April 13. That day was the highest peak of daily vaccination rate/100 people in the US. It plummeted the day afterwards and never recovered.

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
FYI......the N-95 Masks are the BEST we can reasonably buy and they state right on the box ....NOT EFFECTIVE AGAINST COVID OR OTHER VIRUSES!!😲
Masks are simply used to hide our identity and make us all look like helpless MINIONS!!😡

N-95 Mask Warning.PNG

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
I live in Alabama... we have the lowest vacc rate of any state. COVID is ramping up in Alabama big time... Now I am no super smart scientist guy but something tells me those 2 things could be related.

That being said it did give me a nice week working from home because so many people at work caught it. Not a single one was vaccinated.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A

Same here in Canada. Masks or vaccines are not politically affected. Sure we have a few loons but they are in the small minority. The majority of us are extremely grateful for the vaccine's we've received and understand it is the best way out of this mess.

In the mean time we continue to wear masks when shopping etc. and no one seems to mind them really.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I'm gonna go out on a limb here. Not going to work or grocery shopping while sick will probably help many many times more than any mask will. I don't see anyone talking about this culture of going to work sick because "I can't afford to" or "I don't want to use all my sick time". That is all. Back to lurking, I don't know enough or want to spend the energy to try to learn about this crap. None of it matters. Humans will kill each other long before some silly renamed cold/flu/whatever.

Okay that last part was purely for shock factor...later!!

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I'm gonna go out on a limb here. Not going to work or grocery shopping while sick will probably help many many times more than any mask will. I don't see anyone talking about this culture of going to work sick because "I can't afford to" or "I don't want to use all my sick time". That is all. Back to lurking, I don't know enough or want to spend the energy to try to learn about this crap. None of it matters. Humans will kill each other long before some silly renamed cold/flu/whatever.

Okay that last part was purely for shock factor...later!!
That is true but when you consider how many people are asymptomatic those people can spread it while not knowing they are ill and are the most likely culprits for infection numbers. But yes if someone isn't feeling well then isolation is key.
Sponsored