Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I'm not sure what your question is.

Yes the vaccine works. So does having the virus and recovering.

The vaccine has not been long term tested and as such has many wondering if it is safe, long term. The fact many States have resorted to bribes to get people to get the jab just makes it worse.

Why no million dollar lotteries for the annual flu shot? Polio? Smallpox?..........
Having the virus and recovering is far more risky with many many more at risk of hospitalisation and death. Vaccination reduces the chance of death by around 90% (proven) with slight variations between vaccines. If catching COVID was an acceptable policy then why develop a vaccine ?

The vaccine has been used on 3.73 billion people with minimal side effects and huge benefits.

In the UK the death rate from COVID is massively reduced compared to cases now as a result of the vaccine. Without the vaccine deaths in the UK would now be back up in the multiple thousands per day rather than less than 100 based on the case numbers.

COVID will become endemic (rather than a pandemic) and will be controlled by vaccination to allow normal economic life to resume and deaths to be kept low. This will take longer where vaccine uptake is lower with further waves of infection.

Not sure where you think an 'annual smallpox vaccination' takes place - it was eradicated in 1977

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Bubonic plague was caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis - not a virus
Still it killed 50 to 70 % who contracted it, covid less than 1%

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
You know, this thread isn't so much about science being cancelled, but rather how highly intelligent people (especially those in authority) are ridiculed and discounted by those who aren't so intelligent.

It's a bias against high intelligence.

Sadly, it appears I have been discriminated against my whole life:

https://polymatharchives.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-inappropriately-excluded.html

Flame away...

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Indeed - although I'm not sure what the point is you are trying to make?
Point is we are destroying our economies, for no reason. If the covid killed 50% I could see the hysteria.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
but rather how highly intelligent people (especially those in authority) are ridiculed and discounted by those who aren't so intelligent.
There is no requirement for intelligence in politics, just charisma.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Point is we are destroying our economies, for no reason. If the covid killed 50% I could see the hysteria.
Wow, you want over 150 Million people to die before you start taking things seriously? Sure.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Completely incorrect. The 4.1 million and counting may be worthless to you ( I know you don't like mixing with the peons) but lockdown and vaccination have saved millions more lives. Yes at a cost but the alternative cost was lives.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Okay so if the lockdowns are destroying the economy shouldn't you be happy about the vaccine then (even if you decide to not get it)? If anything you should be glad its here so that those willing can get it to keep hospitalizations and get the economy back. The lockdowns were a response. If the lockdowns didn't happen then the rate would have gone up and there would be more variants going around, this is evident with the delta variant.

Even if you believe the conspiracy that the virus was engineered by the CCP, you are just playing into their hands by spreading vaccine misinformation.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I will allow K4fxd to speak for himself on this. I do think I get the point. Every day we allow a risk of death or harm as a part of normal life. We have traffic accident injury and death. We could have speed limits at around 10 mph and vehicles built like tanks or NASCAR with roll cages and racing harness. We could allow only necessary for survival travel. We could wrap all posts and trees with thick coverings or cut down all trees within two hundred feet of all roads. We do not do these things.
We have over time come to a sort of acceptable loss balance between safety measures and use of vehicles. Society has made the deal to have a level of death and injury in the area of travel.

We seem to have done the same for other illnesses. The flu kills a number of folks most seasons. So far less that Covid it seems, but at some level. Is it that when covid is at the same traditional levels as flu then all the masks, lockdowns and vaccine shaming will stop?

Even with the elderly such as myself included the death rate from covid is very low. If you remove the elderly from the mix then covid is not a big risk to those younger. Sure a death is a bad deal for the individual and hurts friends and love ones. Here is something that was on a TV show recently. Among the elderly the average age of those dying from/with covid was older than the average age at death for their age group. I am already older than the average man myself. I have some risks which could take me out any day. I could be infected with a number of not so lethal diseases and just die. I could just die for being my age and it would be considered a natural thing.

I do not know if those who are blasting K4fxd are crying crocodile tears or are just making posts to be getting a dig in or are being serious. I do think I may get a possible point. The economic damage from the lockdowns, the massive increase in national debt, the loss of a huge number of small businesses, the missed medical appointments, and the like very likely will wind up being worse than the virus itself. I do mean to include that people are going to die and have died from these things, it is not just money. The economy is a the structure which allows us to make a living. The make a living bit is not just about money, in actually is about being able to live.

If K4fxd has something else or additional in mind I am sure he will make a case. I am tempted to search for disease or conditions such as smoking and drinking to see how they stack up against covid. Maybe later. If I do look such up I will ask the question if a shutdown of the economy ought be considered. Maybe ban tobacco? Maybe ban alcohol? I know a few who will balk at the alcohol bit.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Even if you believe the conspiracy that the virus was engineered by the CCP, you are just playing into their hands by spreading vaccine misinformation.
Sweden did not lock down. They have the same infection rate as the rest of the world. The lockdowns did nothing.

Listening to the news, health care providers are the most reluctant to get the vaccine. Why is that?

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
In all honesty we need to thin the herd. If this virus doesn’t another one will. Happens in wildlife all the time and in history. You can’t save everyone. Let it do its thing and move on.
Sponsored