Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
As an example of a real trip that we might take*, FL to PA, SuC rates are $0.24 to $0.27 (a few @ $0.12 off hours like before 10a, etc.)
I call BS. The 3 charging stations close to my home are all .43c a Kwh. Now if you have some subscription it may be less but to just plug in and charge, it is .43c
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Nope, no BS, it's all available in real time - and honestly, why would I give any fucks enough to fabricate that data, that's absurd.

Give me a close address to "your home", where I could locate a Supercharger ...

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Check the Cincinnati airport area.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
$0.28

150 kW Supercharger, it's located on Marburg Avenue.

BTW, Musk posted about upgrading all Superchargers to support 350 kW, nothing supports that yet, I don't even think the new Plaid, maybe the Cybertruck[?]

I mean, here's what would be a stop for us headed to our place in The Keys (in Tavernier):

1626465420077.png

So the delta between 18% and 86%, based on an 82kW battery is 55.76 kW (i.e., that's the amount of charge being delivered / billed), and that stop cost is the last column, $14, so some quick math of $14/55.76 kW = $0.25 which sounds about right.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The one at Walmart and at the Hilton are both .43c

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I happen to be in Nocatee Fl right now and I see 4 Teslas to 1 Mustang. Pretty sad IMO.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I happen to be in Nocatee Fl right now and I see 4 Teslas to 1 Mustang. Pretty sad IMO.
I probably know the Mustang owner AND the Tesla owners :D

And dude, the people with the Teslas made a conscious choice, and all the owners I know are enthusiasts, had dozens of ICE vehicles (and possibly still own one or more) I don't know why it's "sad". Weird.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I looked up my area zip 37724 near Harrogate TN. The two sites I found had the nearest to me in Morristown TN at East TN Nissan. The one in Williamsburg KY looks close but by any decent road is a trip. So it looks like right now I am about 50 miles away from one.
My guess is the one at the Nissan dealer is for Nissan cars. I did not know how to figure the cost or which are open for my use.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
There is a charging station 4 miles from me currently. Next time I go out I will swing by and check rates. Ponte Vedra Fl.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
From the searching I believe one must belong to a network to get the better rates.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The rates I posted are for Tesla Superchargers, no special rates, nothing other than buying the car (though if you use a reference code, you get 1000 miles for __free__).

Non-Tesla chargers vary a little more, but they're all about to get cheaper, more consolidated, several major manufacturers are putting money into infrastructure, hell, even Tesla is in new discussions to open up the Supercharger network.

I'll say it again, in a Tesla, I can go from FL to PA for ~$40.

Honestly, if you don't own one, why does it even matter? There's a bunch of people on this board, spinning around in circles, trying to prove, uh, hell, I don't know.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I probably know the Mustang owner AND the Tesla owners :D

And dude, the people with the Teslas made a conscious choice, and all the owners I know are enthusiasts, had dozens of ICE vehicles (and possibly still own one or more) I don't know why it's "sad". Weird.
Hello; I am all for people making the choice. The push to make us all have an EV is what has bothered me. The adoption of hybrids and later EV's was set back a few years ago when plentiful oil came onto the scene. There was enough oil and natural gas to last for a few decades at a reasonable cost.
With reasonable gasoline around the change was not going to happen any time soon on it's own. There would not be much incentive to put charging stations in new places. The EV looked destined to be a novelty item for enthusiasts for some time to come.

Now the winds have changed and there is a push to make the EV change happen. I do not misunderstand the power behind this push. It is not to be a natural change that people are ready and willing to do on their own. It is to be legislated. Higher costs to have an ICE and incentives to have an EV. Punishments in the form of restrictions and expenses for the oil companies. Incentives to change over to solar, wind and other green electricity production regardless of the total costs involved.

I saw an article a few days ago stating most EV owners have an ICE vehicle or few in addition to the EV. That will be my plan if I do wind up with an EV. At this point I just cannot see having an EV only.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So it looks like right now I am about 50 miles away from one.
Well, you'd absolutely want to add a 50a circuit (good lord, someone here said that was $1K-5K, a 12-18" run near a garage breaker box is about $300), and a decent Level 2 charger, there's options under $400.

Clearly, some locations in the US don't have the same charger density as others, that's why none of this is going to happen overnight - I'd go as far to say, current owners are what we'd call in the tech sector "early adopters".

OK, family, movies, good food and drinks, I'm done with this, for tonight, hahaha, maybe for a while :D

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, if you don't own one, why does it even matter? There's a bunch of people on this board, spinning around in circles, trying to prove, uh, hell, I don't know.
Hello; Trying to prove a lifestyle change is being forced onto us using less than sound reasons. EV's are more expensive to buy. They are heavier so will use up tires quicker. The battery packs are going to cost a lot to replace. My Sentra is 20 years old and if it were an EV would likely be be on it's second or third battery pack. The range is a problem for some of us and then it takes a while to recharge compared to an ICE.
I will be parking one away from my house because of the fire issue if I wind up with one.

In five states so far the sale of a new ICE is to be banned. Some auto companies have already started to do away with the ICE. Not because they cannot sell them well, but for other reasons. The push is being backed up by the "global warming" agenda some have. In this thread many serious questions have been raised about both the benefit of a change over to EV's environmentally and economically. Having a scary thing like global warming to use against the ICE is part of the deal.

That I can have an ICE vehicle today does not change the fact some are trying to take that choice away from me for reasons I do not quite buy into. I am not arguing there is no warming, but I am not so sure it is something we humans can do anything about and I am also not so sure EV's are all that clean in their own right.
Sponsored