Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Hello; I do not know if the OP intended this thread to be a serious discussion or just a way to vent. I have tried to stay away from the name calling and other insulting language.
I try to make points using the best descriptions I can come up with. I can accept the tactic of those who do not like my points of pretending my comments do not make sense. I figure they fear to acknowledge my points as having merit will weaken their stance. Such is fair enough. I do not think it will work as most readers are capable of deciding for themselves and do not need to be force fed.

I have decided I will not respond to those who start to respond to my comments and at some point throw in name calling or other such insulting language or memes. In a way this will make things much more simple. So much of the word traffic in this thread has been in the form of put downs, insults and name calling. I do not have to point any of this out in detail as any who follow the thread have seen it.

I may sit down and summarize my points at some time.
Nice response! 😃
Sponsored

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
Stop being deliberately obtuse, it makes you and your arguments look childish.
No, it isn't the race card, just the simple fact that the majority of people who want to tell women what they can and can't do with their own body are a combination of old white guys in politics and bible thumpers.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What? Science tells us that humans are apes. All of us. We are ALL one species.
Race is a social construct.
You are an absolute wanker of the highest possible order and magnitude.

It‘s your god that commanded people to kill each other for their ethnicity, not science.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Not even close to the real definition and, regardless, I highly doubt you are capable of a professional diagnosis of any type of mental disorder... or was this simply more projection on your part?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t suggest for one second that I have the right to do anything I want. We have laws to cover this area.
I do however have the right to say whatever I want and not give a single fuck how offended you might become.

Being offended is entirely subjective. What offends one person may not offend another.
Hy should I care any more for how you feel about your Sky daddy than I should for the feelings of those who worship what you would consider to be false gods?

I might be offended every time you use the word “the”. Should you care?
Of course not.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Instead of being offended, maybe people should have a laugh at themselves more often.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Again you get things wrong. He’s talking about conservative politicians who tend to be white men AND bible thumpers. Guffaw!

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Cut and paste much? Good grief!

Adam and Eve are not real, so they are not anything.

What’s your point again? Cottage cheese is bad for us? Mt. Dew polluting the ocean? Something like that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t panic. I’ll get to you when I have time for a proper response.
It’s midday right now.
You accept that the Earth revolves around the sun right?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I do not know if the OP intended this thread to be a serious discussion or just a way to vent.
The thread was started in good faith.
Unfortunately, one of the respondents is unable to keep himself on-topic. His incessant and logically incoherent rants pervade the thread. Ergo, here we are.

I try to make points using the best descriptions I can come up with.
I can’t speak for everyone here, but I appreciate your attempts. Your objections seem to arise from a misunderstanding of certain points. This is NOT the same as shoving your fingers in your ears, shouting “I can’t hear you” like that other guy...
You seem like an entirely reasonable person. Others not so much.

I can accept the tactic of those who do not like my points of pretending my comments do not make sense.
With all due respect, at times your comments don’t make sense. It’s not a tactic they’re using. I don‘t believe that they are trying to be obtuse. Maybe they are?

I figure they fear to acknowledge my points as having merit will weaken their stance.
Again, I can’t speak for everyone, but nothing you’ve presented so far has weakened my stance. What you’ve shown is a misunderstanding in most instances. I don’t mean that to sound rude.

So much of the word traffic in this thread has been in the form of put downs, insults and name calling.
Indeed. You’d also surely have noticed that most of the venom is coming from a clash between one respondent and virtually anyone he interacts with. Is it them or him?
Takes two to tango of course, but nobody who possesses any scientific literacy is going to sit down whilst someone who believes the Earth is 6,000-10,000 years old, attempts to tell them how unreliable science is.
It just won’t happen.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Yet again you present a fallacious argument; using a faulty premise will never lead to a meaningful debate or sound reasoning.

The Definition is correct, and your prior statement was incorrect; the two attributes you state could just as well describe a sociopath. Yes, an overt sense of entitlement and a lack of empathy are attributes of narcissism, but in of themselves do not define narcissism.
Don't sweat it; I know logical thinking is not your strong suit.

Have at it, attack away, or just go away; I really don't care.
I'm just glad I'm not like you.

I'll just wish you well, because you need all the help you can get.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yet again you present a fallacious argument; using a faulty premise will never lead to a meaningful debate or sound reasoning.

The Definition is correct, and your prior statement was incorrect; the two attributes you state could just as well describe a sociopath. Yes, an overt sense of entitlement and a lack of empathy are attributes of narcissism, but in of themselves do not define narcissism.
Don't sweat it; I know logical thinking is not your strong suit.

Have at it, attack away, or just go away; I really don't care.
I'm just glad I'm not like you.

I'll just wish you well, because you need all the help you can get.
Dude really needs some Venn diagrams to help him understand his logical errors. Clearly words aren’t his thing, maybe the pictures would help?
Sponsored