OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I’d have known you wanted more comedy, I’d have acted sooner.
Better late then never I suppose...

363E353C-2F71-46CF-A0BB-956C33BD240F.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You can do better than than that.

07DD6D7F-8C31-429A-B9A1-A8733C3E1442.jpeg

F87E1190-D72B-41F3-9947-CFE0F3B329F2.jpeg

5A0F795D-B6C1-45F2-B20F-6DBE23563B18.jpeg

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
C’mon man, you can‘t keep recycling the same photo in the hope that it becomes funny on the 7th go.
Try harder.

7F1C13E9-30DD-42BC-AFA8-AFC2A63B2F5F.jpeg

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
The sun may offer key to predicting El Niño, groundbreaking study finds (msn.com)

Hello; Here is a new report from scientists. There is one line which struck me as fitting for the way this thread has been going.

It seems when the early evidence was presented to a "climate scientists" he responded that 60 years of study (on sun cycles I suppose) is not good enough for a 20 years (sun) cycle.

Let me think about that. The climate models are made on computers which have not been in use all that long. The computer climate models are making statements about climate cycles that can take hundreds of thousands of years. Sorry about that.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
The sun may offer key to predicting El Niño, groundbreaking study finds (msn.com)

Hello; Here is a new report from scientists. There is one line which struck me as fitting for the way this thread has been going.

It seems when the early evidence was presented to a "climate scientists" he responded that 60 years of study (on sun cycles I suppose) is not good enough for a 20 years (sun) cycle.

Let me think about that. The climate models are made on computers which have not been in use all that long. The computer climate models are making statements about climate cycles that can take hundreds of thousands of years. Sorry about that.
Jesus Christ in a '49...!

Did you even read the article? Wow. It is about how science is trying to solve something that will benefit people, which also happens to be one of the pieces of the climate change puzzle:

"Having advanced insight into the phase of El Niño or La Niña will be especially crucial in the years ahead, when accompanying changes in weather will piggyback upon a growing disruptive influence from human-induced climate change."

Lo and behold they are using science to study the evidence! Oh, and the whole humans influencing climate too!

The article goes on...

" Despite the strong correlation and the efforts ahead, the study has been met with mixed reviews from the climate science community. That’s usually the case in science with any new, novel ways of looking at an issue. In this case, the multidisciplinary element — combining space weather with Earth’s climate — blends two different communities together. "

See?!? Science!

Nice try here taking something out of context;

"Mathew Barlow, a professor of climate science at the University of Massachusetts at Lowell, described the findings as a “potentially interesting empirical relationship,” but said the proof is in the pudding when it comes to using those findings.

What does it mean when the sun is spotless and serene?
“We have yet to see whether the relationship, even if truly robust, can measurably improve current forecasts,” he wrote in an email. “My own personal interest level would tick up noticeably based on … the identification of a plausible physical mechanism underlying the relationship.”

Others point to the short time scale over which observations were used to draw conclusions. Among them is Mark Cane, a climate scientist at Columbia University and an El Niño expert.

“Intuition should warn you that roughly 60 years of data is not enough to tell you anything conclusive about a 22-year cycle,” he wrote."

Which means they are sceptical of the data and they want to investigate more. Scientists calling out "problems" in research is what they do.

WOW, scientists doing...science!!!

Really, this is getting silly now. Maybe you should go buy yourself a Mustang and go for a drive!

1620566462806.png

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least the faulty logic is consistent. I will give him that.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I think what intelligent people do is listen to concepts while remaining somewhat skeptical about the accuracy of the details.

Norm
That isn't intelligence, that's critical thinking. Intelligence isn't being passive by listening while being skeptical. It is the active form of knowledge by being able to apply and acquire it. This is why there are many different forms of intelligence and its measured in different ways. Someone who is emotionally intelligent doesn't just listen and observe another person's emotions. They are able to recognize their own emotions and the emotions of others to guide their behavior.

Critical thinking is what you are talking about. It means to intensely analyze information before coming to a judgment, like someone who is a rational thinker or is being unbiased. You could argue that the two are correlated and critical thinking is the beginning of intelligence but they aren't the same, as intelligence requires a much deeper level of thought.

For example 1+1=2

Critical thinking is to be skeptical and ask questions why the answer is 2.

Intelligence is coming up with the mathematical proof and being able to explain why the answer is 2.

Last edited:

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
gee, ya really got me there. Yes, whilst stopped in traffic I obviously violently plowed into the driver behind me who had fallen asleep at the wheel... yo' mama.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it is his fault for your mistake! Typical for you. Jumping to conclusions and then deflecting.

Bravo!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello: QUOTE form the article I cited

"Others point to the short time scale over which observations were used to draw conclusions. Among them is Mark Cane, a climate scientist at Columbia University and an El Niño expert.

“Intuition should warn you that roughly 60 years of data is not enough to tell you anything conclusive about a 22-year cycle,” he wrote.

Among space scientists, the research is beginning to catch on. Tamitha Skov, a space weather physicist who goes by “Space Weather Woman” on social media, described the work as “a [wake-up] call to terrestrial meteorologists and solar/space weather scientists.”"

Out of context?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, he just never ceases to prove how weird and obnoxious he really is!
Sponsored