Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
You really are off your nut. You don’t make any sense. Sheesh.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Snort! Well, at least you are somewhat entertaining. Weird, dumb, and creepy...but entertaining.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; This most recent back and forth got me to thinking about something I knew of years ago. It revolves around the shooting of President Garfield. Garfield survived the initial shooting to die much later from infections.
The way I heard it was the doctors at the time would poke their unwashed fingers into the wound. The germ theory was known of at the time but was not yet accepted by all medical professionals.
The prevailing "medical science" of the time dismissed the germ theory of disease and had not adopted simple sanitary protocols. I have suspected they had the attitude of thinking they had the answers and that was that.

I could not find a link to a specific discussion on his death and germ theory but do have a link which mentions that no sanitary measures were used.

Assassination of James A. Garfield - Wikipedia

I can only imagine what sort of names they called folks who questioned them. The language has likely changed a lot since then.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am frankly amazed at the flawed logic in this thread.

Fascinating.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I am frankly amazed at the flawed logic in this thread.

Fascinating.
Hello; You can do better. Just keep trying. I have seen posts from you I agree with from time to time. Don't give up.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I have seen posts from you I agree with from time to time.
Really? All he seems to do is ridicule people with facts that disagree with his. Then instead of supplying supporting "facts" he resorts to name calling or just saying the facts in question are nonsense.

So I would like to see one of his positions that you, or anyone can find truthful.

No saying the sky is blue won't cut it. Everyone knows the sky is black, it is the refraction of light in our atmosphere that causes it to look blue.

Why do the "Blue ridge mountains" look blue? Are they blue?

Sorry I generally agree with you and think you are an informed person who can think for himself.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Obviously it is due to our emitting Co2

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really? All he seems to do is ridicule people with facts that disagree with his. Then instead of supplying supporting "facts" he resorts to name calling or just saying the facts in question are nonsense.

So I would like to see one of his positions that you, or anyone can find truthful.

No saying the sky is blue won't cut it. Everyone knows the sky is black, it is the refraction of light in our atmosphere that causes it to look blue.

Sorry I generally agree with you and think you are an informed person who can think for himself.
What facts? Bible verses? Snort!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
The dirty, painful death of President James A. Garfield | PBS NewsHour

Hello; I did find the source of the story. I did hear it on a PBS radio broadcast some years ago. I do listen to them from time to time. Figured some might be interested.

Wish someone could come up with a term for when some doctrine becomes the "established" word and no one is allowed to question it without being subject to criticism and name calling.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s the source of your quotes? Fairly meaningless otherwise.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Hello; One post for sure was in a thread about secondary cam chain tensioners. He posted that those who have V8 engines with suspect tensioners should not drive the cars untill they get it checked out. I do agree with this.
Sponsored