Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Net Zero by 2050 – Analysis - IEA

Hello; I did not find the same version of the report, but did find a much more expansive version of the same report.
There are lots of graphs and the one I am thinking of is several pages down. I think it combines several of the graphs into one time line. The link has a lot more to plow thru but does have the same information.
What point are you trying to prove? There is no way one could figure that out.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
That reads like a pipe dream wish list.

Also reminds me of re-education camp materials.

I'm old enough that I will not see any of these things be implemented. I do hope my grand kids will not see these things implemented either.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I opened the report and hit page down about 58 times to get to the graph I am thinking of.
Hello; go down three more pages (61) to find the chart for US dollars to be spent in trillions.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

I'm old enough that I will not see any of these things be implemented. I do hope my grand kids will not see these things implemented either.
Hello; It seems there is a way for someone to follow the direction given. In a way this link is better than the one I read this morning. Much more detail.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; It seems there is a way for someone to follow the direction given. In a way this link is better than the one I read this morning. Much more detail.
You post a link to a 220 page report and say to go read it and look at one graph or another by paging down 59 times. That's ridiculous and intellectually lazy.

What is your actual point?

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Hello; The last few years I taught in KY the state started a requirement that the school and individual teachers create an improvement plan. For the school a small group of us got together and wrote out the plan. The linked report reminds me of those sorts of plans. Goals of improvement often specified in percentages. Such as by year 1995 55% of students will score proficient in math.
I had to do one for the science classes on my own.

I had been asking for this sort of information. No one else found it. I stumbled across it earlier. I, same as you, will not be around for much of this.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

What is a re-education camp?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
@sk47
Given that you’ve frequently replied with a mix of ideas, sometimes based in science, sometimes in politics and at other times you’ve discussed the potential impact of this changing world, I’d highly recommend you check these vids out.
The presenter doesn’t usually delve into politics, opinion or potential impact statements. These videos are entirely based on his experiences as a geologist, a science reporter and his personal opinions, based on what he’s seen.

I‘d be interested to see your take on his presentation, or anyone else‘s interpretation if they are concerned for the future.

It’s worth pointing out that the vids were produced in 2018, so some of the info may no longer be current.

I‘ll also add that part 2 addresses your concerns regarding the financial cost, complete with a genuine example of a nation giving it a proper go.
You might be quite surprised at the results.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
@sk47
Given that you’ve frequently replied with a mix of ideas, sometimes based in science, sometimes in politics and at other times you’ve discussed the potential impact of this changing world, I’d highly recommend you check these vids out.
The presenter doesn’t usually delve into politics, opinion or potential impact statements. These videos are entirely based on his experiences as a geologist, a science reporter and his personal opinions, based on what he’s seen.

I‘d be interested to see your take on his presentation, or anyone else‘s interpretation if they are concerned for the future.

It’s worth pointing out that the vids were produced in 2018, so some of the info may no longer be current.

I‘ll also add that part 2 addresses your concerns regarding the financial cost, complete with a genuine example of a nation giving it a proper go.
You might be quite surprised at the results.

Hello; Watched the first video so far will look at the second later.
I may have other thoughts but one stands out to me. The praise for Chinas efforts in terms of solar and wind energy use sounds good until the fact they continue to build a couple or more new coal fired power plants each month and apparently will do so till at least 2030. Then there is the stated fact in the video China is now the #1 emitter of CO2. So China is #1 in solar/wind energy and #1 in co2 emissions. I get it.
China a large country with a huge population which needs energy for industry and for people use. Solar and wind does not fill the needs currently even with what advances which were touted in the video. I will come back to my broken record sort of point later in other posts, but will state it here as well. It is the population numbers which make a big difference.
It seems that no matter how "green minded" the Chinese may be on one side of the environment coin, they are very much heavy into accepting pollution to meet needs for energy on the other side. A sort of Janus personality.

I was waiting for my old DVD to finish a repair procedure on a recorded DVD last night. The electric power flicked off for a couple seconds right at 11 PM. I had been recording some PBS nature shows. While I waited the PBS news was on. An old climate scientist with as gray a beard as mine was talking. He was happy the USA is getting back into the climate agreements and talked about how this will help reduce emissions and help meet goals by 2030-2035. He was asked about China. He answered that China intends to be a part of the goals but it was not clear when. He did not know when the biggest emitter on the planet was going to start reducing their emissions. That makes me think China will continue to emit and pollute until well after 2030. This matches what I have heard and read about them continuing to build coal power plants till 2030. At this point I consider the idea China will be on board the "green" climate movement to be an empty promise.

I will us an analogy. Say a person drives a Prius to be more green. Then that same person dumps engine oil on the ground after an oil change. That is China to me. Some good on one side and some bad on the other.

By the way I use to collect engine oil from my neighbor for many years. He had been dumping used oil on the ground. I got him two five gallon bucket to put the oil in. When his and/or my buckets were close to full I took the old oil to be recycled. There was one service station that would take used oil way back then.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The cost
What is a re-education camp?
Just ask anyone who has fled a communist country.
genuine example of a nation giving it a proper go.
More propaganda. Norway is is slightly larger than Tx and has 25,000.000 less people.

Try again

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
He had been dumping used oil on the ground.
Sounds like my great grand father. When he changed oil he would just let it drain on the ground. I asked him why didn't he put it in a pan like my Dad, his reply. "it came from the ground and I'm putting it back."

Hard to argue with that logic.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like my great grand father. When he changed oil he would just let it drain on the ground. I asked him why didn't he put it in a pan like my Dad, his reply. "it came from the ground and I'm putting it back."

Hard to argue with that logic.
Hello; When I was a boy back in the 1950's I lived on a gravel road. From time to time a big truck would come along spraying oil on the gravel road. Well more like dripping oil. They had a tube along the back with lots of holes in it and a big tank.
I have not seen anything like that in decades. I guess we take steps as a society when it makes sense to us. There is a lot of money being spent to push the global warming agenda. That link I posted yesterday must have been costly to produce. Not sure the cost of orbital sensors can be laid off to climate change only. The climate may not have been the reason they were launched.

I think there will be a big push in the USA the next year or so of these agendas because some feel they have the heavy juice to back it right now.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
More propaganda. Norway is is slightly larger than Tx and has 25,000.000 less people.

Try again
No need to try again. Everything starts out small and if it works then it gets adapted for bigger situations. Just look at Tesla if you want an example of a small 1 car company that has become a global player by adapting products to the markets. I would have thought you would be proud of the great US company success ? They wouldn't have managed what they have by saying 'no good - try again'

I'm personally not a fan of Tesla but many are.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
From time to time a big truck would come along spraying oil on the gravel road.
I lived in northern Wisconsin in the 1970's, gravel road. The oil trucks came about once a month. Kept the dust down.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
No need to try again. Everything starts out small and if it works then it gets adapted for bigger situations. Just look at Tesla if you want an example of a small 1 car company that has become a global player by adapting products to the markets. I would have thought you would be proud of the great US company success ? They wouldn't have managed what they have by saying 'no good - try again'

I'm personally not a fan of Tesla but many are.
Hello; Tesla had a problem which made the web page news recently. Seems the company made a contract to install solar panels for a price and then decided to raise the price by 10's of thousands.. The people decided to sue Tesla. Their cars are crashing when on auto drive. Not death knells for the company I guess, but does not make me want one more than before.
Sponsored