Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I appreciated my science created hot water shower this morning... And my science created ever-enjoyable mustang to get me to work. I'm now typing on something science created...
If science created these then I am all in.......

1620830673725.png
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Oh no, how can you explain these????

Fsites%2F20%2F2018%2F12%2Fdark-chocolate-oreo-2000.jpg

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
If science created these then I am all in.......

1620830673725.png
Been cutting back on sweets because of getting back to the gym life and all. This made me go to the store and pick up some blonde double stuffed ones and a Mt. Dew. Haven't had soda/pop/coke in a good month or so too. Now my insides are scientifically going crazy. Feels like I should purge, or take a shot of insulin to help it out lol. Totally worth it.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Could anyone be less self-aware? You really need to seek help. You are just so...odd.

And what the hell is self-adhoratin?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Love your black nail polish lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Not if they're only theories.

A theory is " a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something ", which leaves it somewhat short of being a universal truth. IOW, a hypothesis; not yet proven.

It's mildly ironic that you chose to use the current buzzword (cancel), as that's more associated with impatience by some regarding others as being too slow to accept change.

Norm
A hypothesis is a limited explanation for a phenomenon. A theory is an in depth explanation, but a law as in Newton's LAW of gravity has a mathematical description of its' existence and can be proven over and over. The scientific theory of global warming has now created mathematical models that are telling us what will happen if the current trend continues. To ignore it or believe that it is just some scientific mumbo-jumbo is threatening all life on this planet.
I love QAnon people blogging on their computers or texting each other on their cell-phones complaining about how stupid scientist really are. If it weren't for science they wouldn't have their toys to communicate with each other. Hey, maybe they are right, look what science has done to us.

A little knowledge is truly frightening.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh. Now I understand your objection more clearly.
I apologise for not conveying my thoughts properly.
Allow me to try it this way.
I have no real issue with the average person of faith.
Most people of faith donā€™t take their books to be literal.
Most people of faith recognise that it is indeed faith, not sufficient evidence, that supports their position.
Believe as you will.

But...
If your religion demands that you deny observed facts about our world, thatā€™s a problem.

If your religion demands that you attend funerals of deceased service people, waving ā€œgod hates fagsā€œ signs, thatā€™s a problem.

If your religion insists that you crash planes into buildings, thatā€™s a problem.

If your religion insists that your god granted you some land, and youā€˜re fighting to the death over it, thatā€™s a problem.

I will not apologise for offending people when their beliefs make these demands of them.

My venom isnā€™t targeted at the moderates and Iā€˜m sorry if you took it that way. I really should have been more clear.
My venom is reserved for those who weaponise their religious ideologies as they try to make the world fit their very particular interpretation of a book, by whatever means possible.

I think you would agree that it would be morally bankrupt to allow them to continue on their path. Yes?

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
I just want to add one more thing. Everybody has an agenda and a world-view unique to them. Scientists are no different. The historical record shows how often scientists and the scientific community have been wrong. And who proved them wrong? Another scientist. One who didn't have the same agenda or beliefs. So, to blame and politicize science for our problems or scapegoat it makes us blind to reality. It is just our agenda talking, our belief structure.
Science and scientists are just trying to explain and understand what we all observe.
Sponsored