Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Well of course you won't die from being near or touching fentanyl. But to suggest it is not deadly to children is flat-out wrong. Opioids kill more children than any other "poisoning".

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2719580
Christ, context is hard for you to grasp. Finding fentanyl in school and then doing a bunch of crazy stuff that is not necessary, effective, and in fact is probably more dangerous.

Think before you type for once.
Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Christ, context is hard for you to grasp. Finding fentanyl in school and then doing a bunch of crazy stuff that is not necessary, effective, and in fact is probably more dangerous.

Think before you type for once.
No you just can't admit when you post something idiotic. Yeah hundreds of kids are dying from bleach every year. What a nitwit...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
There was talk of a combined flu and Covid vaccine, which will probably become the new standard "flu" shot since Covid will eventually turn into another "flu" virus that will never go away.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No you just can't admit when you post something idiotic. Yeah hundreds of kids are dying from bleach every year. What a nitwit...
Wow, are you on the spectrum? Why is this so hard to grasp? You are the only one not able to follow along. Go re-read my posts and the link I provided a bit more closely. The school's reaction was silly and not necessary in the least nor effective or recommended. Fentanyl is not that reactive. It isn't a deadly chemical weapon. Getting fentanyl powder on your hands is fairly benign. You will never OD by merely being in the same room as the stuff. Using oxyclean and bleach to disinfect shoes is not only absolutely not necessary, but the combination produces a deadly gas and an explosion risk. Which in this situation was far more of a risk to students than a baggie of fentanyl.

Sheesh.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Wow, are you on the spectrum? Why is this so hard to grasp? You are the only one not able to follow along. Go re-read my posts and the link I provided a bit more closely. The school's reaction was silly and not necessary in the least nor effective or recommended. Fentanyl is not that reactive. It isn't a deadly chemical weapon. Getting fentanyl powder on your hands is fairly benign. You will never OD by merely being in the same room as the stuff. Using oxyclean and bleach to disinfect shoes is not only absolutely not necessary, but the combination produces a deadly gas and an explosion risk. Which in this situation was far more of a risk to students than a baggie of fentanyl.

Sheesh.
Good lord you really have difficulty understanding even the most basic science - or the article you idiotically posted. The entire thrust was debunking the misconception that casual dermal contact with fentanyl can cause potential overdose. That's science.

But you focus on one tiny aspect - having the kids walk through a solution of bleach or oxiclean? It didn't specifically say they mixed the two, and even if they did - the reaction produces oxygen, not chlorine. And posed zero risk to the children.

Finally, the article starts with the fact that a 13 year old child died from fentanyl overdose at that school, and they subsequently found 40 bags of it. Anyone who is a parent (obviously you aren't) would want the school to be as cautious as possible. FYI CDC NIOSH page on fentanyl lists skin contact as a route of exposure. Children die from fentanyl and other drugs, not walking through bleach. You focus on a tiny stick of nonsense in a forest of the real danger.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good lord you really have difficulty understanding even the most basic science - or the article you idiotically posted. The entire thrust was debunking the misconception that casual dermal contact with fentanyl can cause potential overdose. That's science.

But you focus on one tiny aspect - having the kids walk through a solution of bleach or oxiclean? It didn't specifically say they mixed the two, and even if they did - the reaction produces oxygen, not chlorine. And posed zero risk to the children.

Finally, the article starts with the fact that a 13 year old child died from fentanyl overdose at that school, and they subsequently found 40 bags of it. Anyone who is a parent (obviously you aren't) would want the school to be as cautious as possible. FYI CDC NIOSH page on fentanyl lists skin contact as a route of exposure. Children die from fentanyl and other drugs, not walking through bleach. You focus on a tiny stick of nonsense in a forest of the real danger.
...interesting.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the truth about fentanyl hysteria.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...202001/the-fentanyl-hysteria-fact-and-fiction

Interesting comparison to MSG.

I was at a license office once waiting to get my picture taken when a woman sitting in the waiting room started coughing and looked like she was going into anaphylaxis. This started a chain reaction of others in the waiting room who started coughing and rubbing their eyes. 911 was called. Building evacuated. O2 supplied to several people, etc. The whole hazmat bit. They never found a thing and no one was transported. It is believed that it was just a woman with a nasty sounding cough and scratchy eyes. Sort of akin to watching a documentary on ants and you start to itch. Hysterical they call that...

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Here is the truth about fentanyl hysteria.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...202001/the-fentanyl-hysteria-fact-and-fiction

Interesting comparison to MSG.

I was at a license office once waiting to get my picture taken when a woman sitting in the waiting room started coughing and looked like she was going into anaphylaxis. This started a chain reaction of others in the waiting room who started coughing and rubbing their eyes. 911 was called. Building evacuated. O2 supplied to several people, etc. The whole hazmat bit. They never found a thing and no one was transported. It is believed that it was just a woman with a nasty sounding cough and scratchy eyes. Sort of akin to watching a documentary on ants and you start to itch. Hysterical they call that...

Doubling down on dumb. Let's not worry about the huge increase in fentanyl deaths in the US per year (in 2020 fentanyl killed more people than a typical year of influenza) - instead let's focus on the idiotic aspect of some people worrying about getting poisoned by contact and suffering anxiety attacks - oh the horror!

PS did you call that school to see if anyone actually mixed oxiclean with bleach - and if they did - how many died from oxygen poisoning? :crackup:

20210515_USC372.png

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doubling down on dumb. Let's not worry about the huge increase in fentanyl deaths in the US per year (in 2020 fentanyl killed more people than a typical year of influenza) - instead let's focus on the idiotic aspect of some people worrying about getting poisoned by contact and suffering anxiety attacks - oh the horror!

PS did you call that school to see if anyone actually mixed oxiclean with bleach - and if they did - how many died from oxygen poisoning? :crackup:

20210515_USC372.png
You really are dense as hell. You act like I am some sort of advocate of fentanyl or denying OD deaths are not a huge problem. All I am saying is that hysterical responses such as I mentioned based on nothing but fear is wrong. In fact, it has the potential to be more harmful to people who OD. You'd have known that if you read the links.

You just want to be contrary to everything I say even if it doesn't make factual or contextual sense.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
You really are dense as hell. You act like I am some sort of advocate of fentanyl or denying OD deaths are not a huge problem. All I am saying is that hysterical responses such as I mentioned based on nothing but fear is wrong. In fact, it has the potential to be more harmful to people who OD. You'd have known that if you read the links.

You just want to be contrary to everything I say even if it doesn't make factual or contextual sense.
Nope, once again it was just a stupid post that had no place here. There was no "hysterical response" by a school that just lost a child to fentanyl and the article correctly described the minimal risk of contact. Do you see me posting something contrary to everything you post? Of course not - just the idiocy. And in this instance, like many other times, it was necessary to correct your lack of scientific knowledge that resulted in your false claim that the school put the kids in any kind of risk having them walk thru a bleach or oxiclean or even bleach + oxiclean solution.

I'm looking forward to your follow-up post on "covid hysteria"!