ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Seriously a 5 year old can manage better. Time to go on ignore little man - goodbye
Did you cover your ears and sing lalalalalalalalalaaaaaala.
Because you are not getting your way.
There is a group that uses silencing of others as a goto .
They also get triggered and resort to name calling and belittling.
Have a good day.
None of us get out of this alive, might want to light'n up. and
Carpe deim
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Did you cover your ears and sing lalalalalalalalalaaaaaala.
Because you are not getting your way.
There is a group that uses silencing of others as a goto .
They also get triggered and resort to name calling and belittling.
Have a good day.
None of us get out of this alive, might want to light'n up. and
Carpe deim
Silencing?

Again, please give us your detailed definition of scientific theory and the scientific method in general. You keep saying that we are wrong, but that's it. YOU want to shut us down.

Project much?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Silencing?

Again, please give us your detailed definition of scientific theory and the scientific method in general. You keep saying that we are wrong, but that's it. YOU want to shut us down.

Project much?
There is a real problem with some people who just shout loud and confidently with a few pseudoscientific words that other morons believe. They play to what some people want to hear which garners their support. Unfortunately when they come up against people who do know what they are talking about they come unstuck and revert to type, insults and arrogance. They are so dumb they fail to realise how stupid they are and sound.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
It's a character flaw of mine - I am fascinated by willfully ignorant people that think they know more than experts in a particular field. When asked to explain their positions the response is mostly jibber-jabber.
it is a waste of keystrokes. He is very easily ignored. It like arguing with a child… there is zero benefit.

I’m on other forums and there is healthy discussion on variants, return to work, etc.

Also, I lived in KY before. Nice but ignorant people, as I said on the forum and this thread. Their take on Covid has kept their hospital ICUs at near capacity last time I looked (a month ago). I love their conceal carry laws.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello my comments; First thing is this is a report about a study done by Nference in Cambridge, Mass. And the study is not yet peer reviewed. It is likely accurate understanding of what this may imply is too early. So, facts are slim. Questions can be raised.

Omicron coronavirus variant possibly more infectious due to sharing genetic code with common cold, study says - The Washington Post

The omicron variant is likely to have picked up genetic material from another virus that causes the common cold in humans, according to a new preliminary study, prompting one of its authors to suggest omicron could have greater transmissibility but lower virulence than other variants of the coronavirus.

Hello my comments; I posted about the idea some pages ago what I learned many years ago. That new virus have been known to become more easily transmitted as they passes thru a new host population and at the same time tend to cause a less serious illness ( become less virulent). Likely still too early to know for sure on the level of illness.

Researchers from Nference, a Cambridge, Mass.-based firm that analyzes biomedical information, sequenced omicron and found a snippet of genetic code that is also present in a virus that can bring about a cold.

Hello my comments; Covid virus and the common cold virus are in the same general family of corona virus. Apparently a sophisticated lab can sequence and make a clear distinction.

Nference researchers last year sequenced the novel coronavirus and found that part of its genetic code “mimics” a protein that helps regulate salt and fluid balance in the human body. That development aided efforts to design drugs that combat viral transmission.

Hello my comments; looks like a possible clinical treatment from the knowledge.

As a virus evolves to become more transmissible, it generally “loses” traits that are likely to cause severe symptoms, Soundararajan said. But he noted that much more data and analysis of omicron was needed before a definitive determination could be made, adding that unequal distribution of vaccines globally could lead to further mutations of the coronavirus.

Hello my comments; Again a reference to the point I made many pages ago about the level of illness. Also someone other than me who sees a flaw in the way vaccines were rolled out.

Hello; one last comment. The omicron will not necessarily take the place of the delta or other variants is one of my takes. We can have delta, omicron and perhaps other variants making the rounds of infecting people and now animals all at the same time.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
it is a waste of keystrokes. He is very easily ignored. It like arguing with a child… there is zero benefit.

I’m on other forums and there is healthy discussion on variants, return to work, etc.

Also, I lived in KY before. Nice but ignorant people, as I said on the forum and this thread. Their take on Covid has kept their hospital ICUs at near capacity last time I looked (a month ago). I love their conceal carry laws.
Kentucky hospitals have been overflowing with COVID patients for almost 2 months : NPR

Pretty bad for a mythical virus.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Kentucky hospitals have been overflowing with COVID patients for almost 2 months : NPR

“Some Kentucky hospitals have been over capacity with COVID patients for nearly two months”

“CORINNE BOYER, BYLINE: The 99-bed hospital in the university town of Morehead has been over capacity for the last seven weeks. Dr. Thadis Cox, the medical director of specialty services there, says to make room for all those patients, the hospital converted its post-surgery recovery unit.”

“THADIS COX: That's turned into a surge ICU because of the number of COVID patients that we have. We have an old oncology suite that we have ready to turn into another surge area for COVID patients. So unfortunately, we just don't have the staffing at this point in time to staff that area.”

Hello my comments; It is not the entire state of KY, only some. Part of the issue is a lack of staff. Wonder how a lack of staff might have happened?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Part of the issue is a lack of staff. Wonder how a lack of staff might have happened?
In KY? Yes, I’m sure they refused the shot(s) and died of Covid. Or got burned out from the ignorant people not taking the shot… thus making them work LONG unsustainable hours.

I’m sure your push will be they were fired or something along those lines.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Is the best strategy against omicron to keep boosting with the original vaccine? (msn.com)

“Federal health officials are urging all vaccinated adults to get their Covid booster shot amid growing alarm over the omicron variant, a heavily mutated coronavirus strain that's already been detected in a handful of states across the U.S. But some vaccine experts worry that numerous booster doses of existing vaccines could make future vaccines, if needed, less effective.”

“Still, there is discussion among some health experts about whether it is appropriate to use the existing vaccines as boosters against new, emerging strains, as the shots are still formulated to target the original form of the virus identified in late 2019.”

““The question is, if you keep priming and boosting with a strain, which is basically to make an immune response against the ancestral strain, will that limit your ability then to make an immune response to a virus, which is very much different than the ancestral?” said Dr. Paul Offit, a vaccine expert at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.”

“Offit is describing a phenomenon immunologists call “original antigenic sin” in which the body’s immune system relies on the memory of its first encounter with a virus, sometimes leading to a weaker immune response when it later encounters another version of the virus.”

“Vaccines can activate this phenomenon, too, said Offit, also a member of the Food and Drug Administration’s vaccine advisory committee. An example is with the human papillomavirus, or HPV, following the release of an updated vaccine that targeted nine strains of the virus instead of just four in the initial shot, he said.”

“He said that some experts have argued it may be better for those not at high risk of severe disease to wait to get a booster until a variant-specific option is available.”

“He, along with Philip Krause and Marion Gruber, two former FDA officials, wrote an op-ed published Monday in The Washington Post that argued that booster shots should be restricted to those at high risk for severe disease, such as the elderly and those who live or work in high-risk settings, like health care workers. They said the original two doses of the mRNA vaccines are still working for most healthy adults.”

Hello my comments; My plan so far is to place trust in my immune system after two shots of the moderna. Unless some more convincing evidence shows up I will wait to get a third shot based on the formulation of late 2019. By now, several months later, my immune systems has generated antibodies and other immune items better tailored thru a process I have posted a few times.

A booster tuned to the more predominant virus versions currently makes more sense to me.

There was, of course, a section of the article explaining how we should go ahead and take the original formula booster. I will leave that to the crew as I expect them to deal with it.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
In KY? Yes, I’m sure they refused the shot(s) and died of Covid. Or got burned out from the ignorant people not taking the shot… thus making them work LONG unsustainable hours.

I’m sure your push will be they were fired or something along those lines.
Hello; Interesting. Have you not heard of the various mandates. Also, that many health care workers who survived and recovered from the virus have decided to skip the shots because they have natural immunity? Pretty sure we covered all that in detail in this very thread.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; Interesting. Have you not heard of the various mandates. Also, that many health care workers who survived and recovered from the virus have decided to skip the shots because they have natural immunity? Pretty sure we covered all that in detail in this very thread.
There you go again. Except the 'naturally immune' as you keep calling them, are 5.5 times more likely to be reinfected as opposed to the never infected vaccinated.

Yes, it's been covered by you, but your coverage is wrong and mostly out of left field.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Yes, I and others handled you thoroughly earlier in the thread.

Please continue giving out the wrong information!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yeah, it was "all covered" ... and the conclusion from the experts all said that people who have had Covid and recovered would benefit from a booster shot. Natural immunity isn't any better than someone who's been fully vaccinated.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it was "all covered" ... and the conclusion from the experts all said that people who have had Covid and recovered would benefit from a booster shot. Natural immunity isn't any better than someone who's been fully vaccinated.
Hello; No, not all experts. I found a few studies which conflict.