Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
money grab or not. Really doesn't matter, They are the only game in town as they say, and the rate you are charged is the rate you pay.
Sure solar, but it never produce power at night, so. Ya, back to square one. Utility saying bend over.
You poor knowledge of solar systems lets you down here. Many domestic setups come with storage batteries these days for that very reason (re-purposed car EV batteries when the cars are no longer used or even using the car itself for storage as with the new Ford Lightning and others) plus the grid has storage capacity for overnight - or at least it does in the UK.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Last bill it was 68.42 cents per kwh total
You must have a very special supply at that price! Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense when you look at the annualised data here? Was that month representative of the whole year and if so I would get yourself a better deal ? It seems you are paying double the most expensive average price of any country in the world! Somebody is laughing at you big time!

Prices and factors affecting prices - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Electric Power Monthly - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Compare Electricity Rates by State (November 2021) | SaveOnEnergy®

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
You poor knowledge of solar systems lets you down here. Many domestic setups come with storage batteries these days for that very reason (re-purposed car EV batteries when the cars are no longer used or even using the car itself for storage as with the new Ford Lightning and others) plus the grid has storage capacity for overnight - or at least it does in the UK.
Yawn, As seen as you feel the need to quote every post.
No shyt they have batteries for storage. but most homes are not going to have enough "storage" to feed the hoe at night AND rechage an ev.
You know this, but need to feel like you know everything.
So as seen as you always feel the need to try to one up those that point out the b/s narrative, why not tell the class, the rates of loss in energy every time you change it's state. I.E. Solar to battery, to home electrical system then into yet another storage battery in the ev.?
or the waste of energy taking coal/n.g.,etc and turning it into electric power, then out to the grid, then to a home, then into a ev's storage.
You brought up a MOOT point , That I didn't bother with as I know it will not supply enough power to most homes that use electric heat, or a/c's in the summer. but here you are.
Nevermind that most home solar storage batteries will not recharge the ev even if nothing else in the home was ever in use. Almost all home based solar storage isn't designed for that large of a electric power requirement overnight.
But carry on. you're doing great.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't assume everywhere is like our location. We don't all have (or need) AC running in the summer and our power grid is properly financed and sustained. It may be it will not work in YOUR location, but in many others it already does.
Right. go on, please , go on

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I never asked, I just assumed it was because that is all they were talking about. but I'd have to ask to be sure.
I was too sick to care at that point. only asking my doctor what was the point of the 2 shots and feeling like @$$ for a few days after both. only to get an ah,eeee, ah, call me if it gets worse.
Another vaccinated anti-vaxxer. So...It can't be that the vaccine actually saved your dumb life? Nah, it can't be that.

Talking points or published scientific data? Who is using what now?

Google "anecdotal" and get back to me.

The data clearly shows that unvaccinated fare far worse than the vaccinated. Many times worse in fact. No spin needed. The data and methodology is there for all to see and not an anecdote in sight.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You must have a very special supply at that price! Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense when you look at the annualised data here? Was that month representative of the whole year and if so I would get yourself a better deal ? It seems you are paying double the most expensive average price of any country in the world! Somebody is laughing at you big time!

Prices and factors affecting prices - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Electric Power Monthly - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Compare Electricity Rates by State (November 2021) | SaveOnEnergy®
bill of 200.48 for 293kwh
200.57 divided by 293= 68.4 cents per kwh.
FACTS, REALITY. trump any links.
Bill comes, it has to be paid. meter reading tell them the used kwh, and the bill is what I posted above.
Again, as seen as you're going to go blah blah blah, you links only cover what the utility list as the kwh price, omitting all the other charges, the utility list on a CUSTOMERS bill.
When you take the bills total for that month and divide it by that same months kwh used, you get the REAL COST PER KWH.
What part of this don't you understand?
it is very basic math.
the utilities broke up the charges for the cost of the power so the kwh "LOOKS" lower than it really is , till you when you get the bill.

I can list an item on ebay say a big pen for 12 cents, making that item/part seem cheap, then add shipping, handling, processing,shipping material supply charge, storage charge, package insurance charge, admin charge, and now the real cost is not that 12 cents, it is 68.4 rounded up to 69 cents per item.
But I'm sure you'll reply that the monthly bill total for my electric power, isn't the true cost per kwh.
just because, right. right.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no idea how you guys do it in the US so I can’t speak to the specifics for you guys but over here, they pay you about 1/3 the consumption cost for whatever you feed in to the grid. So, if you produce enough electricity, your bill can be zero or even a credit.

Plenty of homes and businesses are now making a direct profit from their solar systems. Tax free I might add. I’m sure the government will latch onto it eventually.
Many utilities stopped paying customers for any extra power fed into the grid. So , sure if your home can use less than you use, your bill will be zero. but that is very unlikely . maybe for those that have a gas stove, water heater and drier, etc. no one using the internet, no need for electric power to fire off the heat source, or any need for a/c cooling. or charging tools, phones, computer batteries, and maybe an ev.
I've had homes with electric heat, the bill and electric use goes way up with that type heat.
We lost power a few weeks ago for days because of a storm, A neighbor has solar with a fairly large battery storage pack. It lasted all of one day, with only the fridge and the sum pump going. I'm sure that pump was the big draw. but when you need it, you need it.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Yawn, As seen as you feel the need to quote every post.
No shyt they have batteries for storage. but most homes are not going to have enough "storage" to feed the hoe at night AND rechage an ev.
You know this, but need to feel like you know everything.
So as seen as you always feel the need to try to one up those that point out the b/s narrative, why not tell the class, the rates of loss in energy every time you change it's state. I.E. Solar to battery, to home electrical system then into yet another storage battery in the ev.?
or the waste of energy taking coal/n.g.,etc and turning it into electric power, then out to the grid, then to a home, then into a ev's storage.
You brought up a MOOT point , That I didn't bother with as I know it will not supply enough power to most homes that use electric heat, or a/c's in the summer. but here you are.
Nevermind that most home solar storage batteries will not recharge the ev even if nothing else in the home was ever in use. Almost all home based solar storage isn't designed for that large of a electric power requirement overnight.
But carry on. you're doing great.
You carry on with your head in the sand.

2022 Ford® F-150 Lightning Electric Truck |All Electric and All F-150 Can power a home for 3 days

Our solar panels do recharge our car - so wrong again. 4kW output is plenty.

US needs to clean up it's power generation as you mention.

Energy losses in conversion of electricity to work are far less than fossil fuels

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another vaccinated anti-vaxxer. So...It can't be that the vaccine actually saved your dumb life? Nah, it can't be that.

Talking points or published scientific data? Who is using what now?

Google "anecdotal" and get back to me.

The data clearly shows that unvaccinated fare far worse than the vaccinated. Many times worse in fact. No spin needed. The data and methodology is there for all to see and not an anecdote in sight.
Look at you assuming. like your other alt account.
please tell me, how a person that got the shots is an anti vaxer. this should be EPIC.
AGAIN. please tell me how those I knew that got the shots that lived through -ovid the first time before the poke, but passed after the shots and 2nd bout of -ovid.
The talking heads can say till they are blue in the face that non-vaxed people have a worse case of -ovid. but death is the worse case.
without shot they recovered from -ovid
After the shots, they died from it.
That seems so much better too me <rolls eyes>
Are you daft.
Sponsored