ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
The key to charging an EV is to charge it at night at off-peak hours so the rate you pay is the lowest it can be ... at least that's how it works in the USA.
And AGAIN really doesn't match this narrative.
1) Summer people have a/c running, well that is till the power companies do rolling black outs because they are overloading the grid.
2) Colder weather people using their electric heat, and/or heaters.
3) as everyone with an ev goes to charge their rides overnight, it won't be off-peak hours. Coming soon , our electric utility already sent out letters on just this, also with a side note of care when using portable electric heater in winter.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Ya, all those I know, that I listed, and all those I know that have people they know that I don't. and so on. ya. sure.
If it was JUST me and maybe one other person I know personally, you'd have a point. But it isn't.
They also claim that if you get vaxed, and then get -ovid it won't be as bad. yet, my 2nd and 3rd time was just as bad, and Dare I say those 5 I personal knew that passed 2nd time was far worse than the first. but but but but but but. carry on.
Any more talking points you want to copy and paste from the WHO or CDC.
Sounds like you guys had some kind of super variant or something going on. Did testing verify if it was delta variant or what?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, what is the cost per Kw/h where YOU live?
I grabbed the average because the variation in the US is too great.
As a side note, I pay 50% more than the figure I quoted for Australia. But, that’s part of reaiding within THE most reliable network in the nation. In fact, one of the most reliable networks in the world.
Last bill it was 68.42 cents per kwh total

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1) Summer people have a/c running, well that is till the power companies do rolling black outs because they are overloading the grid.
3) as everyone with an ev goes to charge their rides overnight, it won't be off-peak hours. Coming soon , our electric utility already sent out letters on just this, also with a side note of care when using portable electric heater in winter.
I'm talking about NOW ... so who knows what kind of charging rates and electrical grid chaos is in store when EVs over take ICE on the roads, whenever that is.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you guys had some kind of super variant or something going on. Did testing verify if it was delta variant or what?
I never asked, I just assumed it was because that is all they were talking about. but I'd have to ask to be sure.
I was too sick to care at that point. only asking my doctor what was the point of the 2 shots and feeling like @$$ for a few days after both. only to get an ah,eeee, ah, call me if it gets worse.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm talking about NOW ... so who knows what kind of charging rates and electrical grid chaos is in store when EVs over take ICE on the roads, whenever that is.
This letter was for this winter. So in my book that IS now.
Starting this nov 14th, there will be no overnight off peak kwh rates. There reasoning was that last winter and summer the useage at night was not lower enough than the business hours . So no more off peak rates, starting 11-14-2021

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This letter was for this winter. So in my book that IS now.
Starting this nov 14th, there will be no overnight off peak kwh rates. There reasoning was that last winter and summer the useage at night was not lower enough than the business hours . So no more off peak rates, starting 11-14-2021
Sounds like a money grab to me. When more and more people start using power in "off peak" hours, then the off peak hours go away and they start charging the same to make more money. You know most businesses and states look for every opportunity to make more money. Maybe they plan to use the extra money to expand the power grid if the amount of use in always increasing.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a money grab to me. When more and more people start using power in "off peak" hours, then the off peak hours go away and they start charging the same to make more money. You know most businesses and states look for every opportunity to make more money. Maybe they plan to use the extra money to expand the power grid if the amount of use in always increasing.
money grab or not. Really doesn't matter, They are the only game in town as they say, and the rate you are charged is the rate you pay.
Sure solar, but it never produce power at night, so. Ya, back to square one. Utility saying bend over.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
money grab or not. Really doesn't matter, They are the only game in town as they say, and the rate you are charged is the rate you pay.
Sure solar, but it never produce power at night, so. Ya, back to square one. Utility saying bend over.
Of course ... only other option is to build your own power plant, or live like an Amish dude. 😄

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have no idea how you guys do it in the US so I can’t speak to the specifics for you guys but over here, they pay you about 1/3 the consumption cost for whatever you feed in to the grid. So, if you produce enough electricity, your bill can be zero or even a credit.

Plenty of homes and businesses are now making a direct profit from their solar systems. Tax free I might add. I’m sure the government will latch onto it eventually.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The key to charging an EV is to charge it at night at off-peak hours so the rate you pay is the lowest it can be ... at least that's how it works in the USA.
Unless you have solar PV's (like me) where you do the opposite for obvious reasons.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ya, all those I know, that I listed, and all those I know that have people they know that I don't. and so on. ya. sure.
If it was JUST me and maybe one other person I know personally, you'd have a point. But it isn't.
They also claim that if you get vaxed, and then get -ovid it won't be as bad. yet, my 2nd and 3rd time was just as bad, and Dare I say those 5 I personal knew that passed 2nd time was far worse than the first. but but but but but but. carry on.
Any more talking points you want to copy and paste from the WHO or CDC.
Do you understand the difference between personal experience and proper scientific data? The fact that you refer to vaccination as being 'poked' is not a good starting point!

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you have solar PV's (like me) where you do the opposite for obvious reasons.
Exactly. We have the AC running all day in winter/summer so that we don’t get a massive spike in consumption on arrival back home.
When you’re producing vastly more power than you can possibly consume, it makes sense.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Don't assume everywhere is like our location. We don't all have (or need) AC running in the summer and our power grid is properly financed and sustained. It may be it will not work in YOUR location, but in many others it already does.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I never asked, I just assumed it was because that is all they were talking about. but I'd have to ask to be sure.
I was too sick to care at that point. only asking my doctor what was the point of the 2 shots and feeling like @$$ for a few days after both. only to get an ah,eeee, ah, call me if it gets worse.
Sounds like you would have been one of the dead ones if not vaccinated!
Sponsored