OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
New study identifies antibody that protects you from COVID, variants and more (msn.com)

Researchers from Duke Human Vaccine Institute and the Gillings School of Global Public Health at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill recently discovered the antibody after analyzing blood from a patient infected with the original SARS-CoV-1 virus, which caused the SARS outbreak almost two decades ago, and a patient infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19).

Of those, there were 50 “that had the ability to bind to both the SARS-CoV-1 virus as well as SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19,” according to WRAL Tech Wire.

Indeed, they found the antibody could be given as a therapeutic measure to fight off viruses.

In August, a separate team of researchers reportedly found an antibody that could neutralize all known novel coronavirus strains, as I wrote for the Deseret News.

• Both GlaxoSmithKline and Vir Biotechnology conducted a large study that found a new natural antibody “that has remarkable breadth and efficacy,” per Berkeley Lab.
  • The antibody had such strong power that it “neutralizes all known SARS-CoV-2 strains — including newly emerged mutants that can now ‘escape’ from previous antibody therapies — as well as the closely related original SARS-CoV virus,” according to a press release from the Berkeley Lab.
Hello; Reads like a big win for natural immunity. Antibodies from two decades ago and perhaps currently. Also may be a good therapeutic.
Can you please provide an example of an antibody that occurs by means that aren’t natural?
I would like to hear more about these super-naturally occurring antibodies.
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Hello; You just make stuff up in some cases and spin or twist in others.
First I was not fired from any teaching position. I worked in the same school system until I could retire with time. I then took some teaching jobs for a few years after I retired in KY. There was a shortage of qualified Biology teachers. The school systems would need a biology teacher for various reasons. Twice I filled in for teachers who took time off to have a child. The post retirement positions were never to be long term.

The story about the 17 failed students has a bit more to it. Without going into too much detail all students were given plenty of opportunities to pass. Some just did not try. I gave the grades they earned. The issue was that the principal had a no fail philosophy. I was not counseled, but was told to pass the students. I refused to do so and was told by the principal he was going to change the grades on his own. He did so. The next semester I simply signed the blank change of grade forms for 17 students and handed them to the principal and let him give a grade. He did so again for students he had not worked with.

I also have not been banned from other web forums. I was put on probation briefly but am still a member. It is much like this site in that some did not agree with my stance on some things. I had an avatar some did not like which had an American flag background as did a few others. Being a fish forum we were told to change to a fish avatar. I did so and used a male betta (Siamese fighting fish) in red white and blue. Four others did a same sort of thing with the result were were put on probation by a mod. The betta image was well within the written rules, but such did not matter.

You tried the low lie that I want people to die before. It is still a lie and still just as much an objectional action on your part. I wanted the population to stabilize by folks having fewer children, not by people dying. This is your worst lie of the bunch. I do not cheer the deaths of people with covid.
The world is overpopulated with humans. I did what I could to slow the increase in numbers by being childless. My actions did not then and have not at any time harmed another person. The consequences of overpopulation will not fall to me.

That you and some others resort to such underhanded tactics is a clue to what sort of people you are. I hold you in lowest regard.
You should feel proud someone thinks of you high enough to remember your stories. Okay, I have a pretty good memory, when I want. I remember the personal stories (if true or not) of most daily posters on the limited forums I visit.

The story I loved best was the one where Willie called you a cheap MF... you should tell that one again for everyone who didn't read it before.

I enjoy your stories, even if they change from thread to thread. Your stories are much better than you pretending to be a well-read scientist/biologist.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hello; Reads like a big win for natural immunity. Antibodies from two decades ago and perhaps currently. Also may be a good therapeutic.
Is that why people who had Covid and recovered are 5 times more likely to get Covid a 2nd time compared to someone who's been vaccinated? That info/link was given not too long ago.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Is that why people who had Covid and recovered are 5 times more likely to get Covid a 2nd time compared to someone who's been vaccinated? That info/link was given not too long ago.
Herb does not write long articles like that... did you see his bio? Shoot, just the guy I want to get my medical news from!!!!

About

Herb Scribner is a writer of pop culture and trending news who leads the Deseret News' Rapid Relevance team. He writes about Marvel, Star Wars, the novel coronavirus and other trending topics. Originally from Massachusetts, Herb has one major accomplishment to his name — he survived a 61.5-hour Marvel movie marathon.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Can you please provide an example of an antibody that occurs by means that aren’t natural?
I would like to hear more about these super-naturally occurring antibodies.
Hello; There are several blue links in the article. I have not clicked on them yet, but perhaps you can find information.
This is ironic. I have been stating for months that natural antibodies from an infection are good. Several on here have been arguing that vaccine antibodies are better. I would then point out that vaccine antibodies are made by the human immune system same as infection antibodies. I have, in fact, posted several links with information on how antibodies are made in our bodies.

I do not recall that the article ever stated these recently identified antibodies are "super-natural". Perhaps such was stated, but I do recall. I can look at the article again, as can you. My take so far is they are regular antibodies resulting from an infection. An infection in some cases two decades ago.
One of my links went into some detail about how there are several stages of antibody production. First are the circulating type made in a hurry but not the best. After some time the body makes a bunch of different antibodies which are tested and the better among them become much better suited for the job.

This is my early take so may not be exact. It would seem the much earlier original SARS-CoV-1 virus, infections of time (many years) past have generated antibodies which are also suited for the new SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19).

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I have also posted links to studies stating the naturally recovered have better immunity than the vaccine immunity. I think at least one stated natural immunity is 27 times better than shot immunity.
I can post this again.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
There are several blue links in the article. I have not clicked on them yet, but perhaps you can find information.
This is ironic. I have been stating for months that natural antibodies from an infection are good. Several on here have been arguing that vaccine antibodies are better. I would then point out that vaccine antibodies are made by the human immune system same as infection antibodies. I have, in fact, posted several links with information on how antibodies are made in our bodies.
*facepalms, places on ignore*

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
It’s a relative term.
According to my sources, the average price of a Kw/h in the US sits at 10c-11c (although the variation is quite large).
In Australia that figure is about 22c (USD).
So yes, when it’s about half the price, I’d say that’s “relatively cheap”.
See the problem with this is the way the electric companies break up the cost. So when YOU researched it you only get what they list the kwh at.
now add the
1)State,local taxs,
2)Fed taxes
and then add all this
bill.jpg

Dist chg after first 69 kwh.

Only reason you got the idea of a low cost of energy was the way they are allowed to split the cost in small parts, instead of the real cost paid per kwh.

So, AGAIN. cheap power, I laugh in your general direction.
you're electric power is cheaper than mine by a LONG shot, unless your electric companies play these games also .

Last edited:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AND THAT IS UTTER ROYAL BULLSHYT.
I have been poked, vaxed, and I tested + 3 times, (4-2020/5-2021/9-2021)and not the rapid test either.
2 co-workers have tested + twice and poked before ever getting it.
3 family members have tested + twice after the pokes.
7 friends have tested + 3 times once before getting the shots and twice after.
5 people I know or should I say knew, got -ovid in 2020, got over it, got vaxed, and got it a 2nd time, they are not with us anymore.
Reality doesn't line up with the narrative being pushed by those yoyo's in the cdc and those labs that require government grants to not fold.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
See the problem with this is the way the electric companies break up the cost. So when YOU researched it you only get what they list the kwh at.
now add the
1)State,local taxs,
2)Fed taxes
and then add all this
bill.jpg

Dist chg after first 69 kwh.

Only reason you got the idea of a low cost of energy was the way they are allowed to split the cost in small parts, instead of the real cost paid per kwh.

So, AGAIN. cheap power, I laugh in your general direction.
you're electric power is cheaper than mine by a LONG shot .
So, what is the cost per Kw/h where YOU live?
I grabbed the average because the variation in the US is too great.
As a side note, I pay 50% more than the figure I quoted for Australia. But, that’s part of reaiding within THE most reliable network in the nation. In fact, one of the most reliable networks in the world.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been poked, vaxed, and I tested + 3 times, (4-2020/5-2021/9-2021)and not the rapid test either.
5 people I know or should I say knew, got -ovid in 2020, got over it, got vaxed, and got it a 2nd time, they are not with us anymore.
Reality doesn't line up with the narrative being pushed by those yoyo's in the cdc and those labs that require government grants to not fold.
Just because something very abnormal happened to you doesn't mean it happens like that to everyone and makes the research with conclusions that people that have recovered from Covid are shown to have 5 times more reinfections than people who were vaccinated is bullshit. It's only bullshit to you and nobody else, which really doesn't matter to anyone but you, which is totally insignificant.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, what is the cost per Kw/h where YOU live?
I grabbed the average because the variation in the US is too great.
As a side note, I pay 50% more than the figure I quoted for Australia. But, that’s part of reaiding within THE most reliable network in the nation. In fact, one of the most reliable networks in the world.
The key to charging an EV is to charge it at night at off-peak hours so the rate you pay is the lowest it can be ... at least that's how it works in the USA.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I have also posted links to studies stating the naturally recovered have better immunity than the vaccine immunity. I think at least one stated natural immunity is 27 times better than shot immunity.
I can post this again.
Post it up then. Is it one of the Israel studies? You got one that was done very recently and not 6+ months ago?

Last edited:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just because something very abnormal happened to you doesn't mean it happens like that to everyone and makes the research with conclusions that people that have recovered from Covid are shown to have 5 times more reinfections than people who were vaccinated is bullshit. It's only bullshit to you and nobody else, which really doesn't matter to anyone but you, which is totally insignificant.
Ya, all those I know, that I listed, and all those I know that have people they know that I don't. and so on. ya. sure.
If it was JUST me and maybe one other person I know personally, you'd have a point. But it isn't.
They also claim that if you get vaxed, and then get -ovid it won't be as bad. yet, my 2nd and 3rd time was just as bad, and Dare I say those 5 I personal knew that passed 2nd time was far worse than the first. but but but but but but. carry on.
Any more talking points you want to copy and paste from the WHO or CDC.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
That seems excessive.

What do you all get into on the weekends? 😬
Sponsored