Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
The success story of renewables in South Australia.
So successful, that even the right wing government is expanding it further and further.
Worth mentioning that SA is the driest state of the driest continent.
I wonder if results like these might explain why shitty/biased studies are being produced by groups with an obvious agenda?
Hello; Great that solar and wind work in a part of the world suited for the application. That being lots of wind and lots of sun. The south west of the USA would also be a good place for great results.

I especially liked the part about how SA did away with their last coal plant. I recall how I posted about the state of Florida doing the same some many weeks ago. Best I can recall you went negative on that news. Not going to search out that post of yours however, perhaps you recall.

Any way from the video it sounds peachy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I recall how I posted about the state of Florida doing the same some many weeks ago. Best I can recall you went negative on that news.
Doing away with coal is great…but if you don’t replace it with renewables, you aren’t exactly ticking the right boxes.
I‘ll admit that progress is progress and that’s a good thing, but last I looked, Florida generated something like 4% of its power from renewables.
That’s not really anything to brag about in 2021. Maybe in 2010 it might’ve been worthy of some praise.

Regardless, you did make a point. The renewables really do need to be suited to the climate they’re being used in. That’s pretty obvious.
The less obvious part was as per the video where SA might eventually export hydrogen to other nations, presumably those who can’t find adequate solutions.
So, instead of exporting coal to them, we could export something far cleaner and cheaper.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Kinda staying away from the corona thing. I think I had it like 5time already .just keep getting get . So stay healthy my friends vax or not I respect the whatever you decide. My science question for Halloween. Does the paranormal exist or is there a scientific explanation?this could be a fun Discussion.

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Some scientists say it's because of mold and makes people Hallucinate..but I believe in things that go bump in the night ..I have a cabinet that always light up on its own after 3am. I recorded noises that I can't explain and and have stuff that is moved on its own . It's very intriguing

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Kinda staying away from the corona thing. I think I had it like 5time already .just keep getting get . So stay healthy my friends vax or not I respect the whatever you decide. My science question for Halloween. Does the paranormal exist or is there a scientific explanation?this could be a fun Discussion.
Here you go. Prove that paranormal exists and get a big check:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
The success story of renewables in South Australia.
So successful, that even the right wing government is expanding it further and further.
Worth mentioning that SA is the driest state of the driest continent.
Britain’s top climate adviser calls Australia’s ‘net zero’ emissions plan unrealistic (msn.com)
Hello; There appears to be a difference of opinion about Australia's current and future green progress. There was an interesting bit in the report as to how the British guy is calling out Australia while his country is perhaps doing some better, but is at the low edge of meeting commitments.

Seems most countries talk a good talk about the green plans but wind up doing the same old dirty stuff overall.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Britain’s top climate adviser calls Australia’s ‘net zero’ emissions plan unrealistic (msn.com)
Hello; There appears to be a difference of opinion about Australia's current and future green progress. There was an interesting bit in the report as to how the British guy is calling out Australia while his country is perhaps doing some better, but is at the low edge of meeting commitments.

Seems most countries talk a good talk about the green plans but wind up doing the same old dirty stuff overall.
That’s kind of true. Australia has been dragging it’s feet for far too long. Things are changing, but it’s been a very slow process.

On a per-capita basis, we are amongst the worst emitters on the planet. We’re also one of the most vulnerable nations to the effects of CC.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
How Fauci Fooled America | Opinion (msn.com)

Hello; Not much need for additional comments from me. I did underline a few passages.

“Natural immunity. By pushing vaccine mandates, Dr. Fauci ignores naturally acquired immunity among the COVID-recovered, of which there are more than 45 million in the United States. Mounting evidence indicates that natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting than vaccine-induced immunity. “

“We have known about natural immunity from disease at least since the Athenian Plague in 430 BC. Pilots, truckers and longshoremen know about it, and nurses know it better than anyone. Under Fauci's mandates, hospitals are firing heroic nurses who recovered from COVID they contracted while caring for patients. With their superior immunity, they can safely care for the oldest and frailest patients with even lower transmission risk than the vaccinated.”

Protecting the elderly. While anyone can get infected, there is more than a thousand-fold difference in mortality risk between the old and the young. After more than 700,000 reported COVID deaths in America, we now know that lockdowns failed to protect high-risk older people.

School closures. Schools are major transmission points for influenza, but not for COVID. While children do get infected, their risk for COVID death is minuscule, lower than their already low risk of dying from the flu. Throughout the 2020 spring wave, Sweden kept daycare and schools open for all its 1.8 million children ages 1 to 15, with no masks, testing or social distancing. The result? Zero COVID deaths among children and a COVID risk to teachers lower than the average of other professions. In fall 2020, most European countries followed suit, with similar results. Considering the devastating effects of school closures on children, Dr. Fauci's advocacy for school closures may be the single biggest mistake of his career.

Masks. The gold standard of medical research is randomized trials, and there have now been two on COVID masks for adults. For children, there is no solid scientific evidence that masks work. A Danish study found no statistically significant difference between masking and not masking when it came to coronavirus infection. In a study in Bangladesh, the 95 percent confidence interval showed that masks reduced transmission between 0 percent and 18 percent. Hence, masks are either of zero or limited benefit.

Contact tracing. For some infectious diseases, such as Ebola and syphilis, contact tracing is critically important. For a commonly circulating viral infection such as COVID, it was a hopeless waste of valuable public health resources that did not stop the disease.

Collateral public health damage. A fundamental public health principle is that health is multidimensional; the control of a single infectious disease is not synonymous with health. As an immunologist, Dr. Fauci failed to properly consider and weigh the disastrous effects lockdowns would have on cancer detection and treatment, cardiovascular disease outcomes, diabetes care, childhood vaccination rates, mental health and opioid overdoses, to name a few. Americans will live with—and die from—this collateral damage for many years to come.

In private conversations, most of our scientific colleagues agree with us on these points. While a few have spoken up, why are not more doing so? Well, some tried but failed. Others kept silent when they saw colleagues slandered and smeared in the media or censored by Big Tech. Some are government employees who are barred from contradicting official policy. Many are afraid of losing positions or research grants, aware that Dr. Fauci sits on top of the largest pile of infectious disease research money in the world.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How Fauci Fooled America | Opinion (msn.com)

Hello; Not much need for additional comments from me. I did underline a few passages.

“Natural immunity. By pushing vaccine mandates, Dr. Fauci ignores naturally acquired immunity among the COVID-recovered, of which there are more than 45 million in the United States. Mounting evidence indicates that natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting than vaccine-induced immunity. “

“We have known about natural immunity from disease at least since the Athenian Plague in 430 BC. Pilots, truckers and longshoremen know about it, and nurses know it better than anyone. Under Fauci's mandates, hospitals are firing heroic nurses who recovered from COVID they contracted while caring for patients. With their superior immunity, they can safely care for the oldest and frailest patients with even lower transmission risk than the vaccinated.”

Protecting the elderly. While anyone can get infected, there is more than a thousand-fold difference in mortality risk between the old and the young. After more than 700,000 reported COVID deaths in America, we now know that lockdowns failed to protect high-risk older people.

School closures. Schools are major transmission points for influenza, but not for COVID. While children do get infected, their risk for COVID death is minuscule, lower than their already low risk of dying from the flu. Throughout the 2020 spring wave, Sweden kept daycare and schools open for all its 1.8 million children ages 1 to 15, with no masks, testing or social distancing. The result? Zero COVID deaths among children and a COVID risk to teachers lower than the average of other professions. In fall 2020, most European countries followed suit, with similar results. Considering the devastating effects of school closures on children, Dr. Fauci's advocacy for school closures may be the single biggest mistake of his career.

Masks. The gold standard of medical research is randomized trials, and there have now been two on COVID masks for adults. For children, there is no solid scientific evidence that masks work. A Danish study found no statistically significant difference between masking and not masking when it came to coronavirus infection. In a study in Bangladesh, the 95 percent confidence interval showed that masks reduced transmission between 0 percent and 18 percent. Hence, masks are either of zero or limited benefit.

Contact tracing. For some infectious diseases, such as Ebola and syphilis, contact tracing is critically important. For a commonly circulating viral infection such as COVID, it was a hopeless waste of valuable public health resources that did not stop the disease.

Collateral public health damage. A fundamental public health principle is that health is multidimensional; the control of a single infectious disease is not synonymous with health. As an immunologist, Dr. Fauci failed to properly consider and weigh the disastrous effects lockdowns would have on cancer detection and treatment, cardiovascular disease outcomes, diabetes care, childhood vaccination rates, mental health and opioid overdoses, to name a few. Americans will live with—and die from—this collateral damage for many years to come.

In private conversations, most of our scientific colleagues agree with us on these points. While a few have spoken up, why are not more doing so? Well, some tried but failed. Others kept silent when they saw colleagues slandered and smeared in the media or censored by Big Tech. Some are government employees who are barred from contradicting official policy. Many are afraid of losing positions or research grants, aware that Dr. Fauci sits on top of the largest pile of infectious disease research money in the world.
Why are you bringing opinion pieces that actively try to cancel science, into a discussion that is all about how sections of the media, and it’s followers, do exactly that?

Even the framing of the wording in the opinion piece is trash. Literally junk.

EDIT: You’ve had natural immunity vs vaccine induced immunity explained to you, at length, several times, yet you persist with your faulty premise despite ALL of the evidence that’s been presented to you that quite clearly demonstrated the folly of your premise.

The fact that the author of the opinion piece tried to use a study that hasn’t been peer-reviewed should also be fairly telling.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/s...t-israeli-study-on-covid-19-natural-immunity/

“Importantly, though, the researchers also found that previously infected people benefited from vaccination, as those who received a single dose of the vaccine were about half as likely (0.53 fold) to be reinfected as those who did not get the shot. The single dose vaccinees also had fewer recorded cases of symptomatic disease (16) than their unvaccinated counterparts (23).

For those vaccinated after an infection, specifically, there was “a similar, though not significant, trend of decreased risk of reinfection,” the authors said.

But that part of the analysis was not featured in the Gateway Pundit headline — or its article — which was amplified on social media.”

18A1C6EA-C1B5-44F2-B2F3-3430542F7105.jpeg

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
EDIT: You’ve had natural immunity vs vaccine induced immunity explained to you, at length, several times, yet you persist with your faulty premise despite ALL of the evidence that’s been presented to you that quite clearly demonstrated the folly of your premise.
Hello; The story on natural immunity has been reversed by you and others. When something known of and understood for many decades suddenly becomes the ugly stepchild of a "new" technology, some fundamental change has taken place. The situation ought to be that the new kid ought to be the one in question.

You cannot make natural immunity go away and become less just because you decide to champion a new vaccine tech. That, at this time, the narrative has been skewed so that natural immunity must be better defended than a new vaccine tech is part of the issue. Natural immunity is the long time proven of the two.

What you and others have been "explaining" has been addressed many times by me using links from qualified sources and my own understanding. I will be brief and will leave out much of the detail I have already presented.
Two things start the natural immune system to work. One is an infection with the actual virus. The other is an injection of the new mRNA vaccine. All the vaccine does is trick the body cells into making partial copies of one aspect of the virus ( protein spikes). Those spike copies start up the natural immune system just the way an infection does.

In both cases, infection or shots, it is the natural immune system which does all the work. Without the natural immune system the shots would not work at all. There is nothing in the shots which kills the virus. There is nothing in the shots which gives any protection from the virus. The shots and an actual infection both start up a natural process which is the basis of both vaccine and natural immunity. Natural immunity is showing in real studies to be robust and lasting.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; The story on natural immunity has been reversed by you and others. When something known of and understood for many decades suddenly becomes the ugly stepchild of a "new" technology, some fundamental change has taken place. The situation ought to be that the new kid ought to be the one in question.

You cannot make natural immunity go away and become less just because you decide to champion a new vaccine tech. That, at this time, the narrative has been skewed so that natural immunity must be better defended than a new vaccine tech is part of the issue. Natural immunity is the long time proven of the two.

What you and others have been "explaining" has been addressed many times by me using links from qualified sources and my own understanding. I will be brief and will leave out much of the detail I have already presented.
Two things start the natural immune system to work. One is an infection with the actual virus. The other is an injection of the new mRNA vaccine. All the vaccine does is trick the body cells into making partial copies of one aspect of the virus ( protein spikes). Those spike copies start up the natural immune system just the way an infection does.

In both cases, infection or shots, it is the natural immune system which does all the work. Without the natural immune system the shots would not work at all. There is nothing in the shots which kills the virus. There is nothing in the shots which gives any protection from the virus. The shots and an actual infection both start up a natural process which is the basis of both vaccine and natural immunity. Natural immunity is showing in real studies to be robust and lasting.
I’m done with you. You’re beyond ignorant.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

Interesting...
Sponsored