Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Yeah, mandating kids to get the COVID vaccine makes a ton of sense. Totally not big pharma prioritizing profits. Let's mandate flu shots next and ban pools of water. Liberal logic 🥴

rb3kreoxanq71.jpg
I think there are a lot of other things more dangerous than covid.

Should we ban swimming? Riding in cars?
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
But see that is not good enough, we need to get them jabbed ASAP!! :crazy:
Hello; I do not have children so cannot comment from the emotional side of getting shots into the very young. That choice should be up to the parents based on their own conclusions about the shots compared to the disease.
I keep thinking back to the fact most of the shots are in use under an emergency use ruling. One shot is fully approved so far. I have asked this before and will ask again. Is that sole approved shot still under the protection of the liability limitations? I had hopped some on here would have that answer, but not so far.
I might be questioning the long term safety of the shots much less if they had the ordinary liability of other medications. I am old so figured the shots were not a long term problem. Having a child injected is a entirely different aspect in terms of long term risk. I have maybe ten years left if extremely lucky. A child can have many decades.

This shot business is another of those things we have to make a decision about while not having enough good information. I do not know what the long term effects of the shots will be. Some have declared that is is safe based on short term trials. Maybe lots of people in the trials but not for very long. I do hope the side effects are not going to keep adding up since I took two shots.

I get that there can be long term problems from lots of infections. My mother had scarlet fever when young which came back to cause her fatal complication when in her 60's. Thing which is different is she did not have to decide to get scarlet fever, it was just bad luck. Same sort of bad luck for all those who just happen to get covid and have serious long term problems. Pretty sure other common infections most of us recover fine from also hit a few with long term effects.
I do not know the numbers for vaccine induced problems but have seen reports of some, even reports of suspected deaths.
Seems the vaccine side effects will wind up being a numbers centered outlook same as survival rate percentage. There will be some number of serious side effects for a few people and those numbers will be hauled out to say how the percentages add up.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Cool your home by painting your roof: World's whitest paint on track to be sold to public (msn.com)
Hello; In addition to the actual topic of the story which is interesting on it's own, I was struck by a figure. The figure is 98.1%. It seems 98.1% is a big deal in some categories. A paint that reflects 98.1 % of sunlight is big news.
I get it. A few years ago I went with very light colored shingles for my roof. Off white. I kind of wish now I had gone even lighter for the shingles. I have considered painting the red brick of the house to reflect sunlight. That red brick gets very warm in the summer months.

I am pleased to find that a percentage over 98% is considered exceptional for some things. Sad thing will likely be the paint will cost a lot.
Now if someone can come up with a white road surface??
I'm not sure I would fancy driving on a white road surface - the glare would be awful ?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I think there are a lot of other things more dangerous than covid.

Should we ban swimming? Riding in cars?
Hello; I get your point. It is not that covid is not a risk because of the high survival rates. That is not the way I look at it. In a perfect world we would not have any risk to face at all. Might be like one of the first generation Star Trek episodes where no one got sick and they had to exist shoulder to shoulder and the princess wanted kirk to help her to be sick.

Anyway we face risk each and every day. Some much worse than covid and the irony seems to be somehow all those other risks do not count so much any more.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, mandating kids to get the COVID vaccine makes a ton of sense. Totally not big pharma prioritizing profits. Let's mandate flu shots next and ban pools of water. Liberal logic 🥴

rb3kreoxanq71.jpg
Over simplistic on your part. The reason for vaccinating children (and it is a balance on pro's and con's) is that it reduces virus spread which benefits others. It is a complex area of epidemiology with many factors influencing decisions. Cost is indeed one, as in there is a significant cost to vaccinating the children so that is a possible reason to not do it. The decision was not made by the pharmaceutical companies, and don't forget at least one of the vaccines is sold to governments at cost price. best to research a subject properly before wading in with drastic assumptions.

Incidentally please do not bring politics into this thread (it will get banned) and despite what you may thing viruses are apolitical.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure I would fancy driving on a white road surface - the glare would be awful ?
Hello; Yeah. Closest i have ever seen was in Florida back in the 1960's. Seems shells were added to the roads and made them lighter. Maybe off white roads?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
So death is your ultimate arbiter? Do nothing because not too many die?

Never mind the hospitals are filling with sick children who are almost dying. What do the statistics say about that? What will they be dealing with in 10 years from the infection?

Wonder if you would look a parent in the eye who has lost a child and say these things.
I think you are probably still wasting your time arguing with one who is best ignored. We all know the impact of COVID goes well beyond death of a considerable number of people. OK so death is pretty bad if it is you, but the effects of long COVID, other debilitating secondary diseases and economic impacts are but a few. Some on here can't see beyond their own deluded keyboards

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I do not have children so cannot comment from the emotional side of getting shots into the very young. That choice should be up to the parents based on their own conclusions about the shots compared to the disease.
I keep thinking back to the fact most of the shots are in use under an emergency use ruling. One shot is fully approved so far. I have asked this before and will ask again. Is that sole approved shot still under the protection of the liability limitations? I had hopped some on here would have that answer, but not so far.
I might be questioning the long term safety of the shots much less if they had the ordinary liability of other medications. I am old so figured the shots were not a long term problem. Having a child injected is a entirely different aspect in terms of long term risk. I have maybe ten years left if extremely lucky. A child can have many decades.

This shot business is another of those things we have to make a decision about while not having enough good information. I do not know what the long term effects of the shots will be. Some have declared that is is safe based on short term trials. Maybe lots of people in the trials but not for very long. I do hope the side effects are not going to keep adding up since I took two shots.

I get that there can be long term problems from lots of infections. My mother had scarlet fever when young which came back to cause her fatal complication when in her 60's. Thing which is different is she did not have to decide to get scarlet fever, it was just bad luck. Same sort of bad luck for all those who just happen to get covid and have serious long term problems. Pretty sure other common infections most of us recover fine from also hit a few with long term effects.
I do not know the numbers for vaccine induced problems but have seen reports of some, even reports of suspected deaths.
Seems the vaccine side effects will wind up being a numbers centered outlook same as survival rate percentage. There will be some number of serious side effects for a few people and those numbers will be hauled out to say how the percentages add up.
There can indeed be lots of long term sequelae from illnesses, but to equate this with vaccination is incorrect.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
There can indeed be lots of long term sequelae from illnesses, but to equate this with vaccination is incorrect.
Hello; I have had two side effects for sure and maybe a third from the shots I took. Others are reporting even more. I get that many wish for the vaccines to be trouble free.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think you are probably still wasting your time arguing with one who is best ignored. We all know the impact of COVID goes well beyond death of a considerable number of people.
Just like the long term safety of the jab, we don't know yet.

I had the covid, Why should I gamble twice.

I'm assuming you have me on ignore, I did have CJJon on ignore for about a day then realized that is the cowards way out.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I have had two side effects for sure and maybe a third from the shots I took. Others are reporting even more. I get that many wish for the vaccines to be trouble free.
What were the side effects you had ?

Wishing and hoping serve no purpose, just data driven results and outcomes.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Just like the long term safety of the jab, we don't know yet.

I had the covid, Why should I gamble twice.

I'm assuming you have me on ignore, I did have CJJon on ignore for about a day then realized that is the cowards way out.
Hello; he does not have me on ignore as he responded o my white road comments.
Your situation is perhaps the more confusing part of the general things going on in many countries and in particular on the thread. You had the virus and personally figure to have some level of immune protection. May be good protection. May be poor protection, but the risk is yours to accept. Odds are you will be OK.
Those with the shots such as myself have little to fear from you. Why you should be pressured into having a shot you very likely do not need is not so much based on the overall science as it seems to be more of a social judgement sort of thing.

Your decision to skip the shots because you figure to have natural immunity is backed up by many decades of understood knowledge about infections. Not an off the wall unsupported notion. I had the shots for my own reasons, one of which was I had not had and recovered from the virus and did not have natural immunity. I support your decision as being rational and very well considered. Somehow we both get painted with the social stigma of being anti-vaxx.

I took the shots because I am old and have co-morbidities. The overall risk of the infection was small for me at an estimated 5% of death at the time. Being old I decide to take the unknown risk of the shots. Hardly an anti-vaxx position. That i am not ready to stop questioning the safety of the shots is something not socially acceptable for many. Lines have been drawn and sides chosen. I hope the shots do not turn out to have bad outcomes, but see little reason for the naturally immune to take whatever risk there may be.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The real issue is we are treating covid as if it kills 98% instead of 98% survival
I think it would take a 98% death rate before you'd think something should probably be done about it. 🙄