Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
That may be the case about Mustangs, but that was not the point you were making. You were using it to suggest a convertible driver isn't a 'real man' or some other such drivel. You seem to be using inverse virtue signalling in your posts - or maybe we just all know what you are.
Nope, try again, this is a safe space for you after all.

But go ahead and tell me what my intent was as if you know me better than myself
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Cos? Learn to spell and then come back to me.
I see that you’re unable to defend your rantings yet again.
Get back to us when you have an argument to present that doesn’t make you look like a fool.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I see that you’re unable to defend your rantings yet again.
Get back to us when you have an argument to present that doesn’t make you look like a fool.
Says the guy that can't spell. What's my argument exactly?

You were the one saying people who say "virtue signaling" are not intelligent. Guess you can only see irony when's it's from others 😂😂

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Says the guy that can't spell. What's my argument exactly?

You were the one saying people who say "virtue signaling" are not intelligent. Guess you can only see irony when's it's from others 😂😂
No, I said quite specifically that people who accuse others of virtue signalling are in fact virtue signalling themselves when they suggest it, which, makes them morons for not recocnising that they’re doing exactly that which they’re accusing the other person of doing.

The fact that I’ve had to explain it to you a second time kind of proves the point even further.

Caught up yet or do you need me to break it down further for you?

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
No, I said quite specifically that people who accuse others of virtue signalling are in fact virtue signalling themselves when they suggest it, which, makes them morons for not recocnising that they’re doing exactly that which they’re accusing the other person of doing.

The fact that I’ve had to explain it to you a second time kind of proves the point even further.

Caught up yet or do you need me to break it down further for you?
"recocnising"

I stopped reading after this horrible attempt at spelling. I can't take anything you say serious. Again, learn to spell and try again since you're so intelligent.

For someone who thinks they are so smart, you sure come across the complete opposite. Ironic...... Again

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Let's see...can't back up your goofy ideas about something?

Deflect by attacking their spelling and call them names.

Wash...rinse...repeat...

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool your home by painting your roof: World's whitest paint on track to be sold to public (msn.com)
Hello; In addition to the actual topic of the story which is interesting on it's own, I was struck by a figure. The figure is 98.1%. It seems 98.1% is a big deal in some categories. A paint that reflects 98.1 % of sunlight is big news.
I get it. A few years ago I went with very light colored shingles for my roof. Off white. I kind of wish now I had gone even lighter for the shingles. I have considered painting the red brick of the house to reflect sunlight. That red brick gets very warm in the summer months.

I am pleased to find that a percentage over 98% is considered exceptional for some things. Sad thing will likely be the paint will cost a lot.
Now if someone can come up with a white road surface??
Hmmm. Trying to decipher this post. While I also think that this paint is interesting, I think you are trying to use it as a subtle put-down. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I know you will.

Again, I am not into subtleties and this feels like a gotcha.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think that post is pretty self evident.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The real issue is we are treating covid as if it kills 98% instead of 98% survival

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The real issue is we are treating covid as if it kills 98% instead of 98% survival
Thanks for the clarity.

However, this just illustrates the folly of the argument. From an epidemiological perspective, when real lives are considered, then 98% survival equates to a 2% death rate. Which isn't good by any measure. Never mind about any lasting sequelae.

You really can't take such a simple look at the numbers and say 98% is good because it is considered good when studying other things like white paint.

Ridiculous and feels like a troll.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not peer reviewed yet...

Merck and Ridgeback’s Investigational Oral Antiviral Molnupiravir Reduced the Risk of Hospitalization or Death by Approximately 50 Percent Compared to Placebo for Patients with Mild or Moderate COVID-19 in Positive Interim Analysis of Phase 3 Study

Gonna be about $700 per course of tx. Not sure about severe case efficacy, safety-side effects.

Small N thought and the phase 3 was ended early.

The planned interim analysis evaluated data from 775 patients who were initially enrolled in the Phase 3 MOVe-OUT trial on or prior to Aug. 5, 2021. At the time of the decision to stop recruitment based on the compelling interim efficacy results, the trial was approaching full recruitment of the Phase 3 sample size of 1,550 patients, with more than 90% of the intended sample size already enrolled.

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-an...to-placebo-for-patients-with-mild-or-moderat/

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I think that post is pretty self evident.
Hello; I like post #6477. According to the data for the very young the covid death rate is 0.2 per 100,000. If my math is correct that is 2 deaths per one million (1,000,000) of population.
Can someone check this for me? does that equal to a 99.998% survival rate for that young age group?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Can someone check this for me? does that equal to a 99.998% survival rate for that young age group?
But see that is not good enough, we need to get them jabbed ASAP!! :crazy:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But see that is not good enough, we need to get them jabbed ASAP!! :crazy:
So death is your ultimate arbiter? Do nothing because not too many die?

Never mind the hospitals are filling with sick children who are almost dying. What do the statistics say about that? What will they be dealing with in 10 years from the infection?

Wonder if you would look a parent in the eye who has lost a child and say these things.
Sponsored