Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
You’re talking about an extreme minority.
As always, everyone’s entitled to an opinion, but until that opinion is held by more than half the people, it isn’t worth shit in a democracy.
I don't think that is entirely correct. There can be opinions that are backed by less than 50% in a democracy that are still valid and relevant to policy and decisions BUT those opinions need to be based on some evidence rather than just fairy story delusions.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
What part don't you understand? I did not use any fancy wording.
I was flat out told to not to stop by my parents or anyone else with risk factors for 30 days after I finish quarantine of 14 days, Why oh why would they be stating that.
Seems SUS
What is SUS about that ?

If you have tested positive 3 times in just over a year despite vaccination then there is quite possibly something going on that is unusual. There are documented cases of people testing positive several times, but there are also documented cases where these people never actually cleared the virus from the their body the first place. As in the virus is just hanging around in them ready to recrudesce in the future. This may be RNA fragments (and so not a real virus or risk) or in some cases the virus is still there. Some of these have been typed to confirm they were either the same strain or in other cases reinfection with a second strain.

Whichever way it is then you should take further medical advice about this, probably via a referral as it will be beyond the remit of a normal general practitioner. Further testing when you have recovered would be sensible to see if you are just testing positive all the time anyway, again there have been documented cases of this.

This is far more complex than many would like it to be, no conspiracies or SUS information just the reality of immunology. This comes back to the danger of 'explaining things in simple terms' when there are no simple terms for it!

The vaccine works as expected and is saving millions of lives, it may not be doing what some people expect in 'simple terms'

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Because you seem to be OK with lock-downs, mandates, vaccine papers ect.....
Ok, I’ll inject some clarity into my position so that you’re not confused anymore.

Yes, I’m fine with lockdowns UP TO A POINT. It depends on a variety of factors. There have been times when my region has been placed into lockdown for what appears to be no good reason, which I disagree with. At other times, it was absolutely warranted. So it’s not a yes/no dilemma.

Im also fine with mandates in certain circumstances. Again, the devil is in the details.

Yup, I’m fine with prof of vaccination in certain instances.
Again, it’s not a black or white deal.

Better yet, if a politician comes to the next election and spruik s that he (or she) is going to mandate vaccines, require passports etc) and that person wins…..well, that’s the will of the people.
Whether I agree or disagree has no bearing on the situation. The people have decided.
Those who don’t like it are more than welcome to go somewhere else to live. (They might need to get vaccinated first though)

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think that is entirely correct. There can be opinions that are backed by less than 50% in a democracy that are still valid and relevant to policy and decisions BUT those opinions need to be based on some evidence rather than just fairy story delusions.
Well yes. I probably didn’t state my position accurately.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I’ll inject some clarity into my position so that you’re not confused anymore.

Yes, I’m fine with lockdowns UP TO A POINT. It depends on a variety of factors. There have been times when my region has been placed into lockdown for what appears to be no good reason, which I disagree with. At other times, it was absolutely warranted. So it’s not a yes/no dilemma.

Im also fine with mandates in certain circumstances. Again, the devil is in the details.

Yup, I’m fine with prof of vaccination in certain instances.
Again, it’s not a black or white deal.

Better yet, if a politician comes to the next election and spruik s that he (or she) is going to mandate vaccines, require passports etc) and that person wins…..well, that’s the will of the people.
Whether I agree or disagree has no bearing on the situation. The people have decided.
Those who don’t like it are more than welcome to go somewhere else to live. (They might need to get vaccinated first though)
Lockdowns are but one useful tool. They are not a long term solution, but are a very effective short term fix. They were used very successfully in the UK until the vaccine roll out rendered them unnecessary. We have now been getting on for 3 months with no restrictions and cases / hospitalisations / deaths are all stable. It hasn't gone away but the vaccine is allowing us to live normal lives. Masks are still preferred by some, and mandated by some companies / public transport but there is no friction over that. I went to the supermarket yesterday and 99% of people were wearing masks voluntarily indoors.

I have also been in France where again compliance is very good. The Tousanticovid app is used to prove vaccination or recent negative test for entry to many public places including restaurants and again it works well.

Generally speaking people are just getting on with their lives with fairly minimal inconvenience because of the vaccine.

Sponsored

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I'm not sure why you of all people feel you are the police of hurt feelings !

Antagonistic baseless posts that are factually incorrect get the response they deserve.

Maybe you would like to reassure the poster about why he shouldn't lack faith in the vaccine rather than just leaving it reinforcing his misunderstanding ?

You seem to have missed this misogynistic reference to convertible Mustangs in your monitoring of the thread, or does this not count because he is on 'your side' as you like to refer to it.
You sound like a SJW. Most convertible mustangs are owned by females, it's a fact. I have no sides, just call it like it is. Kinda like you being a SJW, go on with the virtue signaling though

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
OK Class...

Which one of the logical fallacies has our friend from Texas latched onto here?

Anyone...Anyone...
Ahhh, you didn't disappoint 😂

Single digit IQ yet runs around this thread thinking he's Elon Musk. Find any other "cool" memes to post yet?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You sound like a SJW. Most convertible mustangs are owned by females, it's a fact. I have no sides, just call it like it is. Kinda like you being a SJW, go on with the virtue signaling though
I’ve noticed that most people who use the term “virtue signalling“ sound like morons.
Therefore, using your own reasoning, you must be a moron.

Yup it’s a fallacious argument. You’re welcome.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I’ve noticed that most people who use the term “virtue signalling“ sound like morons.
Therefore, using your own reasoning, you must be a moron.

Yup it’s a fallacious argument. You’re welcome.
What a great argument, just like all your other ones in this thread. Keep up the good work 👍

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Ahhh, you didn't disappoint 😂

Single digit IQ yet runs around this thread thinking he's Elon Musk. Find any other "cool" memes to post yet?
What are you, 13?

Do you really think I care if you think convertible GT's are chick cars?

Snort!