Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I think it's a plot by the aluminium foil manufacturers ...
Reynolds has to be enjoying record sales based on what I see on Facebook alone....

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
You obviously have no clue how a vaccine works if you believe the premise of your own question.

Getting vaxed causes your immune system to recognize a pathogen faster than if you were not vaxed. It is still YOUR immune system that fights off the invader.

This is why even some who are vaxed will get the disease and die.
LoL ... I know perfectly well how the immune system works, so you must have a short memory or don't really read anything that people post here. I wasn't even talking to you, and you obviously didn't understand what I was asking or what my premise was ... and you just agreed that getting vaxxinated is better than not for fighting off a virus. :clap:

BTW ... compare deaths of vaxxed vs unvaxxed if you want to educate yourself.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I have been searching for a while to find out just what the difference may be between the two methods of immunity. So far only two things stand out with a third having a question about it.
The clearest difference seems to be in the way the coding of the message in the messenger RNA (mRNA) happens.
First the human coded mRNA is modified so cells invaded by the vaccine will make larger numbers of copies of virus spike protein than a cell would normally. I guess in terms fitted to this forum a biological tune was included to get more performance.

Second is the human coded mRNA was modified away from the actual virus protein spikes. Not an exact copy which was possible. A close copy to be sure but with some human modifications. I am not sure of all the reasons for the modifications, but sort of gathered at least one reason was to make the shot immunity cover more than the alpha virus. In two of the links I have posted, this deliberate modification raised concerns among virus experts. Those folks made predictions about what human modifications might do with two being things I witnessed myself. The shingles and herpes that happened to me and my brother. Other side effects predicted included the heart issues that have made the news. Additional predictions were made but I have no idea if any have proven to be correct at this point.

The last difference in the way humans coded the mRNA vaccines is in the use of codons. When a body cell is tasked with making something such as a protein there are some common control instructions as part of the instructions. In addition to the specific instructions for how to build a protein there are some instruction bits called codons. They say things such as START and STOP to the cells factory. From what I have found and did include in two links about, the humans who programed the vaccine RNA decided to use codons that are not naturally found in a cells normal RNA. This also raised concerns among some virus experts.

These are the differences I can find so far between mRNA vaccine immunity and natural immunity, at least with regard to to the covid19 vaccine. The traditional vaccines are very different from mRNA vaccines.

During a natural infection and in a vaccine shot at some point the body is flooded with invaders. From the actual infection the flood is of entire copies of the virus. From the shots the body is flooded with modified copies ( human engineered) of part of the protein spikes.
From that point on the human immune system takes over in both a natural infection and the shots.

The conditions on the ground currently seem to be that a variant of the covid19 called delta is the main infectious pathogen at this time. Those with natural immunity appear to have some protection from delta after eight plus months. Those with the shots appear to have some protection, but at six months a third shot of the same exact formula is being given currently.
When are you coming out with your own vaccine?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; The mutual admiration crew had a run of posts today with a normal, for them, amount spin and false implications. I will address one in particular.

For some time now a notion has been floated that is false. I have refuted it a few times and in a reasonable discussion it would have been finished already. I figure it is by now become a "talking point" to be thrown out just to muddy things up even tho it is false. That it is repeated so often is disappointing, but seems to be the level some are willing to go to.

That false implication is that some of us are in favor of folks trying to get the covid virus in order to have immunity. I figure those who post such likely know better but do it anyway. Perhaps others who are following the thread see it that way also.

Back in time for a bit over a year and before the vaccines started there were millions who caught the virus. They did not try to be infected is my take. The infection happened because the virus is easy to catch. Those millions who had the virus and got better on their own did so because their immune system was up to the task.
The logic is something like this. Those with a good immune system got better on their own because of a good immune reaction. Those with a poor immune reaction would up in hospital and were very ill and some died.

When I and others talk about the naturally immune not needing the shots it is about those who caught the virus because they just had the bad luck to catch a virus going around. Regardless they now have a natural immunity whether some like it or not. The natural immunity was not gained on purpose, but it is real.

I have been following this thread since the start. I know you have not suggested that people try to get infected. I have not as well. We both have been discussing a narrow part of the pandemic. That part being there is no need for the naturally immune to get the shots.

It would be better if that particular talking point is put away. I do not expect this to happen given the past actions, but it is the right thing to do.
So persecuted...

Your repudiations lack substance, are based on a false premise, illogical, and/or biased on their face.

It is really you who are unable to have a civil, cogent exchange here. You hypocritically engage in 'put-downs' and base behavior and take any counter arguments to your thoughts and recollections as a personal attack.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just an ancidote, I had to take my grand daughter to see her Dr due to a cough that got her kicked from school. Her Dr was wearing 2 n95 masks plus a full face shield. Doc said the masks alone are a joke.
Were you wearing a mask during this visit?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
His mantra ...

1632866766316.png
I have a mental image of a doctor in Kentucky right now, with 4,000 new cases daily, sitting in a confined space, dealing with people all day long who are statistically more likely to be infected, possibly unmasked, possibly unvaccinated…..
Yeah, I’d be wearing a face shield too.

Not saying that’s what’s factually happened here, just that this is precisely the situation a doctor might find themselves in unless they insist on certain protocols.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ I'm betting any doctor's office would require people coming in to wear a mask ... but in KY you never know. 😄 Of course, depending on what goes on, the paitent may have to remove the mask for a bit if the doc needs to checkout the nose or throat.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ I'm betting any doctor's office would require people coming in to wear a mask ... but in KY you never know. 😄
I’d hope so….but as you say….personal freedoms and all that stuff. 🤷‍♂️

I see that the vax rate there is 52%.
Do you happen to know if this is due to lack of availability or is it just an ideological battle? Bit of both perhaps?

EDIT: a different report says 60%. Unsure which is accurate.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
They won't let you in without a mask, federal rules. They come to your car if you can't wear a mask.

and you just agreed that getting vaxxinated is better than not for fighting off a virus.
With a traditional vaccine, yes.

With this new type of vax it is not known what the long term effects will be. They have not long term tested these in humans. So far it looks to be safe in the short term but there are some severe reactions in some people. This fact is glossed over.

Will there be any surprises in the long term? We don't know. If you say you know you must have a crystal ball to go with your chicken bones and tea leaves.

Having recovered from covid there is no compelling reason to get jabbed, since you know how immune systems work I'll refrain from explaining why again. You stated you know.

There is already one major surprise, that is jabbed people are infecting others. I have seen nothing that says recovered are doing the same. I suspect we are not.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
They won't let you in without a mask, federal rules. They come to your car if you can't wear a mask.

With a traditional vaccine, yes.

With this new type of vax it is not known what the long term effects will be. They have not long term tested these in humans. So far it looks to be safe in the short term but there are some severe reactions in some people. This fact is glossed over.

Will there be any surprises in the long term? We don't know. If you say you know you must have a crystal ball to go with your chicken bones and tea leaves.

Having recovered from covid there is no compelling reason to get jabbed, since you know how immune systems work I'll refrain from explaining why again. You stated you know.

There is already one major surprise, that is jabbed people are infecting others. I have seen nothing that says recovered are doing the same. I suspect we are not.
You keep retreading the same old tripe that just is a jumble of nothing. Over and over...

You're wrong though. Just sayin.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is Google broken on your devices? People who have had Covid and become reinfected can shed and reinfect others just like if someone was vaccinated and caught Covid. The immunity - regardless if by natural immunity or the vax - does not prevent someone from getting, carrying and respreading the virus. The immune system and vax tries to mitigate the virus if you are infected ... it's not a "cleansing bleach" after the virus enters your body. That's also why they recommend people who have had Covid still wear a mask. Just because you've had Covid does not mean you can't catch and carry and therefore spread the virus to others.
Sponsored