Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Over the weekend I learned that a friend's sister-in-law had survived covid and was likely to get out of the hospital this week. In her case, the virus did cause her immune system to attack her own body, and had caused blood to pool in her heart or some such (the description was vague). She had essentially died and they had to shock her heart. By the sound of it, she might be a long-hauler, assuming she gets back to any normalcy.

Two people I personally knew died of the virus this month, both were 50 and in very good health, but chose to be unvaccinated. I'm still stunned by it, and feel for their wives and children. It's getting way too close to home.
Sad indeed.

Some people concentrate on the deaths and assume you either die or get better, but long COVID or even permanent long term damage are real problems with this virus.

More than 50 long-term effects of COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis | Scientific Reports (nature.com)
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Natural and vaccine induced immunity are two different things that are complimentary and hence the reason vaccination is recommended even for those that have had COVID. In fact the 'optimal' state is to have had both (make sure it is the correct way around though!)

Any comments about boosters indicating the vaccine is no good are complete rubbish.
Hello; I have been searching for a while to find out just what the difference may be between the two methods of immunity. So far only two things stand out with a third having a question about it.
The clearest difference seems to be in the way the coding of the message in the messenger RNA (mRNA) happens.
First the human coded mRNA is modified so cells invaded by the vaccine will make larger numbers of copies of virus spike protein than a cell would normally. I guess in terms fitted to this forum a biological tune was included to get more performance.

Second is the human coded mRNA was modified away from the actual virus protein spikes. Not an exact copy which was possible. A close copy to be sure but with some human modifications. I am not sure of all the reasons for the modifications, but sort of gathered at least one reason was to make the shot immunity cover more than the alpha virus. In two of the links I have posted, this deliberate modification raised concerns among virus experts. Those folks made predictions about what human modifications might do with two being things I witnessed myself. The shingles and herpes that happened to me and my brother. Other side effects predicted included the heart issues that have made the news. Additional predictions were made but I have no idea if any have proven to be correct at this point.

The last difference in the way humans coded the mRNA vaccines is in the use of codons. When a body cell is tasked with making something such as a protein there are some common control instructions as part of the instructions. In addition to the specific instructions for how to build a protein there are some instruction bits called codons. They say things such as START and STOP to the cells factory. From what I have found and did include in two links about, the humans who programed the vaccine RNA decided to use codons that are not naturally found in a cells normal RNA. This also raised concerns among some virus experts.

These are the differences I can find so far between mRNA vaccine immunity and natural immunity, at least with regard to to the covid19 vaccine. The traditional vaccines are very different from mRNA vaccines.

During a natural infection and in a vaccine shot at some point the body is flooded with invaders. From the actual infection the flood is of entire copies of the virus. From the shots the body is flooded with modified copies ( human engineered) of part of the protein spikes.
From that point on the human immune system takes over in both a natural infection and the shots.

The conditions on the ground currently seem to be that a variant of the covid19 called delta is the main infectious pathogen at this time. Those with natural immunity appear to have some protection from delta after eight plus months. Those with the shots appear to have some protection, but at six months a third shot of the same exact formula is being given currently.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The conditions on the ground currently seem to be that a variant of the covid19 called delta is the main infectious pathogen at this time. Those with natural immunity appear to have some protection from delta after eight plus months. Those with the shots appear to have some protection, but at six months a third shot of the same exact formula is being given currently.
The third 'shot' is a little more complicated. Firstly the same vaccine is not always being used as use of a different vaccine seems to be beneficial. Secondly the third dose is in reality a third primary course dose rather than a true 'booster'. Aimed at those with higher risk and weaker immune systems (age or intercurrent disease). Whether there is any benefit in giving a third dose to the young and healthy is more dubious and in fact those doses probably should be being used on unvaccinated people in poorer countries.

The situation may change with new variants although the vaccines are a little more nuanced than just using a single spike protein.

The details of the genetic make up and drift of the virus are well beyond a forum such as this. Certainly an area requiring considerable knowledge and understanding.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
this deliberate modification raised concerns among virus experts. Those folks made predictions about what human modifications might do with two being things I witnessed myself. The shingles and herpes that happened to me and my brother. Other side effects predicted included the heart issues that have made the news. Additional predictions were made but I have no idea if any have proven to be correct at this point.

The last difference in the way humans coded the mRNA vaccines is in the use of codons. When a body cell is tasked with making something such as a protein there are some common control instructions as part of the instructions. In addition to the specific instructions for how to build a protein there are some instruction bits called codons. They say things such as START and STOP to the cells factory. From what I have found and did include in two links about, the humans who programed the vaccine RNA decided to use codons that are not naturally found in a cells normal RNA. This also raised concerns among some virus experts.
These are some of the reasons my MD sister will not take the jab.
There are more she rattled off that went over my head and we were not in a situation where I could ask her to explane. Next time I see her I will pin her down.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Sad indeed.

Some people concentrate on the deaths and assume you either die or get better, but long COVID or even permanent long term damage are real problems with this virus.

More than 50 long-term effects of COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis | Scientific Reports (nature.com)

Yep. A Doc buddy of mine was replying to an article quoting Jonathan Isaac who plays for the Orlando Magic, re: not getting vaccinated

Athlete's concern is the 1 to 5,000 risk of mild heart muscle inflammation associated with the vaccine. Ironically, the risk for the same with even asymptomatic COVID is higher than 1 in 3. Thus far more than 1 in 8 Americans tested positive for COVID. So an average American would have a 1 to 24 chance to get asymptomatic peri/myocarditis. He's gotta have 200x lower risk of catching COVID to have this single relevant vaccine complication to be on par with the risk of COVID. Which, well also comes with a million other complications.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Just an ancidote, I had to take my grand daughter to see her Dr due to a cough that got her kicked from school. Her Dr was wearing 2 n95 masks plus a full face shield. Doc said the masks alone are a joke.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Yep. A Doc buddy of mine was replying to an article quoting Jonathan Isaac who plays for the Orlando Magic, re: not getting vaccinated

Athlete's concern is the 1 to 5,000 risk of mild heart muscle inflammation associated with the vaccine. Ironically, the risk for the same with even asymptomatic COVID is higher than 1 in 3. Thus far more than 1 in 8 Americans tested positive for COVID. So an average American would have a 1 to 24 chance to get asymptomatic peri/myocarditis. He's gotta have 200x lower risk of catching COVID to have this single relevant vaccine complication to be on par with the risk of COVID. Which, well also comes with a million other complications.
Hello; Can you provide a link?

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
How old will your grandkids be?
Hello; No grandkids. No children. I was part of a movement back in the 1970's to slow down the exponential population growth. The main movement was for ZPG (zero population growth) which did not happen. I went further and took steps to be childless. Once I am gone my impact on the environment is over.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Hello; No grandkids. No children. I was part of a movement back in the 1970's to slow down the exponential population growth. The main movement was for ZPG (zero population growth) which did not happen. I went further and took steps to be childless. Once I am gone my impact on the environment is over.
My apologies for the inference then. I remember that drive to reduce the population and Chinas poorly handled attempts at population control as well.
These ideas of controlling runaway populations were never really well thought out or planned on a world scale. With regards to reducing our Carbon footprint and eliminating fossil fuel, I’m all for it. Even Ford’s announcement has their plants at Neutral on the day they open in 2025.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/09/27/ford-blue-oval-city-battery-park-investment/

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/93b...3d451ed9637/new-york-health-care-workers.html
New York health-care workers who are fired for refusing to be vaccinated won’t be eligible for unemployment benefits — in most cases

When Cuomo announced the mandate, some 75% of the state’s 450,000 hospital workers, 74% of the state’s 30,000 adult-care workers and 68% of the state’s nursing home workers were fully vaccinated.

So 3/4 ers of all are jabbed and they see fit to impose a mandate, then take away any lifeline for people who don't want it.

Looks more and more fishier everyday.

What is so important about this jab, it sure as hell ain't public health.
Sponsored

Last edited: