Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Actually, you’re right. The strawman is typically as you say.
I can’t think of the proper term for what he’s doing here. Red herring is kinda close but not perfect.
It’s also pretty close to “begging the question”
^^This is how reasonable people handle normal discourse. I salute you sir.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I agree, I do not trust this so called vaccine for reasons I have said repeatedly and you have distorted or twisted into nonsense.

Since I have had this "mild cold" I refuse to take this experimental drug.

This so called vaccine is too new and not long term tested to be mandated.
See...a 'mild cold'? Shows your true colors and your total lack of understanding. Covid doesn't even rate a "severe cold" in your mind? Wow. I can't imagine living in such delusion. Was it the blue or red pill?

Keep on Truckin' though...!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
See...a 'mild cold'? Shows your true colors and your total lack of understanding.
Really? You make me laugh.

FOR ME it was like a MILD COLD. Same for everyone else I know who contracted covid.

I feel for the 3% or so who have bad reactions to the virus but don't make me take your drug.

This jab doesn't work like older vaccines. Proof is; If I have been small pox vaccinated and I stay in a room with 30 infected people I will not get the small pox, nor if I head to a rock concert and mingle with thousands will I infect a single one.

You cannot in good faith say that about the covid jab. My evidence is in many of your links and the fact the powers that be are mandating masks again.

So, in the above example the jab does not work as intended, and if you come back and say it was intended that way I will know you are a total liar.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I agree, I do not trust this so called vaccine for reasons I have said repeatedly and you have distorted or twisted into nonsense.

Since I have had this "mild cold" I refuse to take this experimental drug.

This so called vaccine is too new and not long term tested to be mandated.
Like said, nobody cares what you do, but they do care that you're the one who is actually twisting and distorting based on your misunderstandings and lack of reality like a good antivaxxer with some immunity would do.

Would you rather see someone get immunity from the vaccine or from being infected with Covid? Be honest, and say why.

I already know you would never get the vaccine if you never had Covid.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I don't care what someone else does, if getting this experimental jab makes sense for you by all means get it. Just don't force it on the rest of us.

I haven't twisted jack, just waded through the BS and got down to the basic facts.

In industry and racing, when a machine breaks we don't stop looking till we find the root cause of the failure.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I don't care what someone else does, if getting this experimental jab makes sense for you by all means get it. Just don't force it on the rest of us.

I haven't twisted jack, just waded through the BS and got down to the basic facts.

In industry and racing, when a machine breaks we don't stop looking till we find the root cause of the failure.
Hello; The mutual admiration crew had a run of posts today with a normal, for them, amount spin and false implications. I will address one in particular.

For some time now a notion has been floated that is false. I have refuted it a few times and in a reasonable discussion it would have been finished already. I figure it is by now become a "talking point" to be thrown out just to muddy things up even tho it is false. That it is repeated so often is disappointing, but seems to be the level some are willing to go to.

That false implication is that some of us are in favor of folks trying to get the covid virus in order to have immunity. I figure those who post such likely know better but do it anyway. Perhaps others who are following the thread see it that way also.

Back in time for a bit over a year and before the vaccines started there were millions who caught the virus. They did not try to be infected is my take. The infection happened because the virus is easy to catch. Those millions who had the virus and got better on their own did so because their immune system was up to the task.
The logic is something like this. Those with a good immune system got better on their own because of a good immune reaction. Those with a poor immune reaction would up in hospital and were very ill and some died.

When I and others talk about the naturally immune not needing the shots it is about those who caught the virus because they just had the bad luck to catch a virus going around. Regardless they now have a natural immunity whether some like it or not. The natural immunity was not gained on purpose, but it is real.

I have been following this thread since the start. I know you have not suggested that people try to get infected. I have not as well. We both have been discussing a narrow part of the pandemic. That part being there is no need for the naturally immune to get the shots.

It would be better if that particular talking point is put away. I do not expect this to happen given the past actions, but it is the right thing to do.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Mandates and laws are made for a reason, that's something else you'll never really understand. People who don't like laws or mandates probably shouldn't live in a society with other people - or find a country where they don't exist. People affected by a mandate still have options. They can even lie and get a "religious exemption", and dance around with some rattlesnakes or carry some chicken bones around in a bag, lol.

You have twisted plenty of the basic facts of the science, and obviously don't believe in the science or the viral science experts. Most of your misinformation is easily debunked. Maybe you are just trying to feed the antivaxxer misinformation machine to keep your AV card.

What's disturbing is people who try to down play the importance of a vaccine that can benifit the situation the whole world has been in for the last 18 months - it's not trivial by any means. And trying to get back to normal sure wouldn't happen very well if nothing was done about it. Those people who believe the situation is trivial must either live in a bubble or some altered state of reality with a dreadful lack of logic. Even if the vaccine isn't "perfect" (the majority are not), without a vaccine this situation would be be much worse. Nobody is going to convince anyone else except another antivaxxer that the world would be better off without these vaccines, and instead just act like nothing wrong was happening while multi-millions of people on Earth died.

Read that 70% of adults in the US have now had at least one shot, so seems the last delta wave might have woke some more people up to get "the jab".

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; The mutual admiration crew had a run of posts today with a normal, for them, amount spin and false implications. I will address one in particular.

For some time now a notion has been floated that is false. I have refuted it a few times and in a reasonable discussion it would have been finished already. I figure it is by now become a "talking point" to be thrown out just to muddy things up even tho it is false. That it is repeated so often is disappointing, but seems to be the level some are willing to go to.

That false implication is that some of us are in favor of folks trying to get the covid virus in order to have immunity. I figure those who post such likely know better but do it anyway. Perhaps others who are following the thread see it that way also.

Back in time for a bit over a year and before the vaccines started there were millions who caught the virus. They did not try to be infected is my take. The infection happened because the virus is easy to catch. Those millions who had the virus and got better on their own did so because their immune system was up to the task.
The logic is something like this. Those with a good immune system got better on their own because of a good immune reaction. Those with a poor immune reaction would up in hospital and were very ill and some died.

When I and others talk about the naturally immune not needing the shots it is about those who caught the virus because they just had the bad luck to catch a virus going around. Regardless they now have a natural immunity whether some like it or not. The natural immunity was not gained on purpose, but it is real.

I have been following this thread since the start. I know you have not suggested that people try to get infected. I have not as well. We both have been discussing a narrow part of the pandemic. That part being there is no need for the naturally immune to get the shots.

It would be better if that particular talking point is put away. I do not expect this to happen given the past actions, but it is the right thing to do.
Seems you really don't understand or remember why and how that was originally brought up, and now have latched on and twisted it up.

Go back and re-read where that was originally brought up in a sarcastic way (key point). You apparently don't understand how sarcasm is used to make a point. It had to do with there only being two ways to obtain some immunity - either get Covid or get the vaccination. If someone wants immunity but doesn't want to get a vaccination because they are an antivaxxer, then their only choice would be to take their chances and get infected (on purpose or not) with Covid instead of getting a vaccination. Which choice would most logical people choose? What's the risk difference between getting immunity from Covid on purpose or by accident, or instead by a shot? They all give immunity, except one way might kill instead. See what the point was now? If you want to take that as saying antivaxxers are saying get Covid on purpose, well then that's because you twisted it that way because you don't understand the use of sarcasm to make a point.

It sounds like you're now kind of disappointed that you got vaccinated and seem to come across like you would rather have taken your chances without a vax and rely only on your immune system ... is that your viewpoint now? Do you think no vaccine is needed in this pandemic and everyone should just let there immune system handle an infection with no help? You're all over the place on this stuff and I'm curious what your real stance is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This jab doesn't work like older vaccines. Proof is; If I have been small pox vaccinated and I stay in a room with 30 infected people I will not get the small pox, nor if I head to a rock concert and mingle with thousands will I infect a single one.
You seem to forget that the small pox vaccine isn’t 100% effective.
There’s no guarantee that you wouldn’t become infected, just a substantially reduced likelihood.
Thats how vaccines work. They reduce the LIKELIHOOD of infection and it’s associated complications.

This all-or-nothing thinking of yours is very strange.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

It isn't that simple and in fact COVID can trigger all sorts of autoimmune type reactions where the immune system effectively attacks it's own body. It is incorrect to talk about strong and weak immune systems and blame the dead for having a 'weak immune system'. It may well be that their own immune system killed them through excessive reaction!

Natural and vaccine induced immunity are two different things that are complimentary and hence the reason vaccination is recommended even for those that have had COVID. In fact the 'optimal' state is to have had both (make sure it is the correct way around though!)

Booster vaccinations are a completely normal procedure, a two dose course of the primary vaccine is exactly that, but some of those 'boosters' are actually a third primary dose. The primary course generates an anamnestic response ideally, but in the old and weak it may require a third dose to get this.

Any comments about boosters indicating the vaccine is no good are complete rubbish.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It isn't that simple and in fact COVID can trigger all sorts of autoimmune type reactions where the immune system effectively attacks it's own body. It is incorrect to talk about strong and weak immune systems and blame the dead for having a 'weak immune system'. It may well be that their own immune system killed them through excessive reaction!

Natural and vaccine induced immunity are two different things that are complimentary and hence the reason vaccination is recommended even for those that have had COVID. In fact the 'optimal' state is to have had both (make sure it is the correct way around though!)

Booster vaccinations are a completely normal procedure, a two dose course of the primary vaccine is exactly that, but some of those 'boosters' are actually a third primary dose. The primary course generates an anamnestic response ideally, but in the old and weak it may require a third dose to get this.

Any comments about boosters indicating the vaccine is no good are complete rubbish.
Thank you for injecting some sanity and expertise into this conversation.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Mandates and laws are made for a reason, that's something else you'll never really understand. People who don't like laws or mandates probably shouldn't live in a society with other people - or find a country where they don't exist. People affected by a mandate still have options. They can even lie and get a "religious exemption", and dance around with some rattlesnakes or carry some chicken bones around in a bag, lol.
Exactly this.

It is hilarious how some on here (who I now ignore) rant on about freedoms (theirs) but don't care about the impact freedoms (theirs) have on anybody else. That is not a society it is a free for all. Anybody who never accepts mandates and only accepts 'good laws' (their opinion) has no place in a democratic society, which is why we have courts and prisons to remove those privileges from such people.

Those same people were ranting about how they would never be restricted in what they could do because of COVID and yet that is exactly what is now happening and largely supported by the majority (who they would describe as sheep or some other derogatory term).

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Over the weekend I learned that a friend's sister-in-law had survived covid and was likely to get out of the hospital this week. In her case, the virus did cause her immune system to attack her own body, and had caused blood to pool in her heart or some such (the description was vague). She had essentially died and they had to shock her heart. By the sound of it, she might be a long-hauler, assuming she gets back to any normalcy.

Two people I personally knew died of the virus this month, both were 50 and in very good health, but chose to be unvaccinated. I'm still stunned by it, and feel for their wives and children. It's getting way too close to home.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like you're now kind of disappointed that you got vaccinated and seem to come across like you would rather have taken your chances without a vax and rely only on your immune system ... is that your viewpoint now?
You obviously have no clue how a vaccine works if you believe the premise of your own question.

Getting vaxed causes your immune system to recognize a pathogen faster than if you were not vaxed. It is still YOUR immune system that fights off the invader.

This is why even some who are vaxed will get the disease and die.

Last edited: