Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I read the comments you made and get your point. The vaccines which we were told are highly effective months ago are proving to be very "leaky vaccines" which means vaccinated persons can and do carry the virus home to others. Since these outcomes do not fit with the latest slogan of "it is a pandemic of the unvaccinated" you get a Ha-Ha or compared to someone who believes in a flat earth.
Even if already vaccinated people do get a break through infection, it's still the vast majority of unvaccinated people getting the delta variant ... and therefore is indeed more of a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Things are not on or off, black or white ... it's analog. If 5% of the people getting the delta variant are already vaccinated, and 95% are unvaccinated, then it's still a "pandemic of the unvaccinated".
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The idea seems to be to try to put down anyone who make a claim they either cannot or do not know how to refute.
Not at all, where there's been legitimate, scientifically informed posts, there's been reasonable discourse, however, if the starting premise is absurd, why would anyone spend cycles refuting it?

Example:

"I think EVs are bad because [battery recycling | hydrogen is better | infrastructure burdens]"

Sure, I could discuss those, even as a fan/owner of EV tech, that's at least a starting point that's tethered to reality.

"I think EVs are bad because I read that for every mile travelled, a kitten is killed."

No, I won't even enter into that conversation.

Much the same as when any of us post a link which disputes one or more of their favored ideas. One of the more common strategies is to say something negative about the source.
If the source is bad, the source is bad. That's one of the core foundations of science.

One of the issues is starting with an established position, then working backwards to source it - that happens in this thread all the time - and if the position is, let's say, a bit "agendized", you're ultimately going to find yourself having to dig into some questionable sources to find support.

Example:

"The world is flat."

Now tell me, do you think I'll find research that backs that up at the NASA site? Or do you think you'd need to wade into some kind of internet sewer to find some "expert" who opens up their narrative with the moon landing being faked?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Abracadabra....virus now gone. :crackup:

im-watching-you-i-got-my-eye-on-you.gif

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Example:

"The world is flat."

Now tell me, do you think I'll find research that backs that up at the NASA site? Or do you think you'd need to wade into some kind of internet sewer to find some "expert" who opens up their narrative with the moon landing being faked?
Come on ... you know NASA is in on the conspiracy to hide the facts that the Earth is flat and instead push a round Earth agenda !! They have so much to gain from doing it.

And the fake landing on Mars with the Capricorn One mission was a similar conspiracy theory just like the Moon landings. Arnold even went to Mars in Total Recall to fire up the atmosphere producing machines. Those damn self driving EV taxis sucked on Mars. You'd think the technology would have been better by then. 😂

Last edited:

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Just shows how contagious it can be. How would you have done with no vaccination. Where you're buddies vaccinated? Or did you think just because you were that you could go breath all over them?

It's been said a million times that the vaccine is not 100% and that the delta variant can break through even more than the original virus.
All are vaxed, required to be "AT" work , also We are 6 feet or more apart 99% of the time.
The covid illness was as bad the 2nd time as it was the 1st, and the 1st time I got it, I had not been vax'd, So the vax/poke whatever way you want to state it, did not do anything to reduce the effects of covid, got the same, lack of taste, lack of smell, headaches, body aches, and hard to breath and then, pneumonia as a parting gift.
But at least I am still above the dirt, many that got it after being poked are not.
You stating it could have been worse if I wasn't vaxed doesn't hold water. Because if that was the case, the 1st time I got it, it should have been worse as I wasn't vaxed at that time.
There is a REASON they are pushing for a booster shot, the 1st one either wasn't enough, or didn't work, and they changed the formula that will be the "booster"
Many are getting the "delta"covid illness a week or two after getting vaxed, Many that work at home, and haven't been around anyone , How are they coming down with the "delta" covid? When they are vaxed, masked, and social distancing aka living like a hermit, And those that did the poking tested negative for it, So they didn't get it from the nurse/doctor.
Seems odd that those that have very little to no human contact at all, get poked then get the "delta" covid a week to 2 weeks later, that puts the time of infection at the time of the poke. If any off the data the WOW &CDC are to be believed.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Not at all, where there's been legitimate, scientifically informed posts, there's been reasonable discourse, however, if the starting premise is absurd, why would anyone spend cycles refuting it?

Example:

"I think EVs are bad because [battery recycling | hydrogen is better | infrastructure burdens]"

Sure, I could discuss those, even as a fan/owner of EV tech, that's at least a starting point that's tethered to reality.

"I think EVs are bad because I read that for every mile travelled, a kitten is killed."

No, I won't even enter into that conversation.

If the source is bad, the source is bad. That's one of the core foundations of science.

One of the issues is starting with an established position, then working backwards to source it - that happens in this thread all the time - and if the position is, let's say, a bit "agendized", you're ultimately going to find yourself having to dig into some questionable sources to find support.

Example:

"The world is flat."

Science is bought and paid for, just like a elected leader, they both need funding and both have to grease the hands of those that did the funding.
Want your lab to keep getting funding, the reports better fit our narrative, agenda. or the funding stops. plan and simple.
So what makes a "source" a good or bad one.
Those that fit the mold that helps our lab keep funding coming in? good, those that question it and may harm the labs funding= bad.
As long as science id funded in the manner that it is now, this is what we get, agenda driven b/s pushed as solid "theory".

That volcano eruption is going to put a monkey wrench in that global warming narrative, if it really goes off. Many are sweating bullets, as the ash cooling effects puts a wrench in their narrative "theory" they have pushed for the last 3-4 decades

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
All are vaxed, required to be "AT" work , also We are 6 feet or more apart 99% of the time.
The covid illness was as bad the 2nd time as it was the 1st, and the 1st time I got it, I had not been vax'd, So the vax/poke whatever way you want to state it, did not do anything to reduce the effects of covid, got the same, lack of taste, lack of smell, headaches, body aches, and hard to breath and then, pneumonia as a parting gift.
But at least I am still above the dirt, many that got it after being poked are not.
You stating it could have been worse if I wasn't vaxed doesn't hold water. Because if that was the case, the 1st time I got it, it should have been worse as I wasn't vaxed at that time.
There is a REASON they are pushing for a booster shot, the 1st one either wasn't enough, or didn't work, and they changed the formula that will be the "booster"
Many are getting the "delta"covid illness a week or two after getting vaxed, Many that work at home, and haven't been around anyone , How are they coming down with the "delta" covid? When they are vaxed, masked, and social distancing aka living like a hermit, And those that did the poking tested negative for it, So they didn't get it from the nurse/doctor.
Seems odd that those that have very little to no human contact at all, get poked then get the "delta" covid a week to 2 weeks later, that puts the time of infection at the time of the poke. If any off the data the WOW &CDC are to be believed.
Interesting...

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Science is bought and paid for, just like a elected leader, they both need funding and both have to grease the hands of those that did the funding.
Want your lab to keep getting funding, the reports better fit our narrative, agenda. or the funding stops. plan and simple.
Those that fit the mold that helps our lab keep funding coming in? good, those that question it and may harm the labs funding= bad.
As long as science id funded in the manner that it is now, this is what we get, agenda driven b/s pushed as solid "theory".

That volcano eruption is going to put a monkey wrench in that global warming narrative, if it really goes off. Many are sweating bullets, as the ash cooling effects puts a wrench in their narrative "theory" they have pushed for the last 3-4 decades

1632345361609.png

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Lets get back to climate change and how great EV's are.
Yes!

Had to do an unexpected MCO run again (wife needed to head OOT for some family business), so we went down, stayed over at the Hyatt (not the Presidential suite this time :D) to avoid having to get up/drive up super early.

Anyway, the trip back necessitated a Supercharger stop unlike when we bounced over the Universal resort with EV charging in the parking garage so charged without a charge-specific stop. Hit up a Level 3 which is a 250kW charger, selected it from the map as a nav point, and as we got close the car went into a pre-conditioning mode to maximize charging speed.

It was a nice big Wawa plaza, chargers out of the way, back against a wooded area, nice place to chill. In the time it took to hit the facilities, walk around Wawa with the little G, check out some snacks, 10-12 minutes, maybe a minute or two longer while I tossed a couple of things in the garbage, certainly < 15 minutes.

We arrived at the SuC with ~60 miles of range, picked up another 160 in that short time, the balance of the trip was only 80 miles, so when we got home, I could've knocked around another 75-80 miles, i.e., for the grand total of - heck, let's round up to 15 minutes - I had 340 miles of range (total cost: < $10) Funny enough, it was my first required-while-on-the-road stop and it was, quite simply, zero hassle.

Of course, when I got home, hopped out, plugged in, done, the next morning, ready for full range again.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

You need one of these

1632345810456.png