OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just being cynical here, but if the goal is vaccinations, any way to push more of them is on the table, like being vague on testing requirements.
I don't think this mandate via OSHA will stand up if and when it gets challenged, I think that's part of the strategy behind it. It will take time to be challenged, and in the meantime some people who might otherwise not choose to get vaccinated will do it because they don't want to risk their jobs.
This really does seem to be a US phenomenon.
My immediate workplace has 40 employees. We have only one person who isnā€™t wanting to get vaccinated.
The rest of us arenā€™t doing it to keep our jobs, but rather to protect ourselves and those around us.

The one anti-vax guy also sees a naturopath on a regular basis, believes thereā€™s something or other in scripture about this stuff and yada yada.ā€¦..I donā€™t know, I switched off pretty quickly when he started quoting fictitious statistics.

Edit: Worth mentioning that our city has a population of 50,000 with 4 cases to date (one family). The risk to all of us is quite small at this stage, yet, people are lining up for the jab. The larger issue is availability.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I'm just being cynical here, but if the goal is vaccinations, any way to push more of them is on the table, like being vague on testing requirements.
I don't think this mandate via OSHA will stand up if and when it gets challenged, I think that's part of the strategy behind it. It will take time to be challenged, and in the meantime some people who might otherwise not choose to get vaccinated will do it because they don't want to risk their jobs.
If testing is an option then it still doesn't force anyone to actually get the vaccination. Plus there is the "religious" reasons to get an out that anyone can lie about. It wouldn't last forever if people would join in together and help put this virus crap to an end.

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2007 Audi S4, 2016 Mustang GT/CS (sold)
If testing is an option then it still doesn't force anyone to actually get the vaccination. Plus there is the "religious" reasons to get an out that anyone can lie about. It wouldn't last forever if people would join in together and help put this virus crap to an end.
Sorry, I'm saying if they don't provide sufficient clarity on what testing requirements are acceptable, that could push that option out for businesses who don't want to risk being unintentionally out of compliance if they accept the wrong kind of testing.
Just saying weekly testing is required opens up the questions about what kind of testing, who can give the testing, how will the business be required to document the testing, and any number of other minute details.
Now, I haven't had a chance to look this mandate over yet, so it's just speculation on my part. But I did hear these questions brought up by a local union on NPR the other morning as being questions that union has submitted about the mandate so I'm comfortable in assuming the testing part of the mandate is not fully fleshed out or clear.

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2007 Audi S4, 2016 Mustang GT/CS (sold)
This really does seem to be a US phenomenon.
My immediate workplace has 40 employees. We have only one person who isnā€™t wanting to get vaccinated.
The rest of us arenā€™t doing it to keep our jobs, but rather to protect ourselves and those around us.

The one anti-vax guy also sees a naturopath on a regular basis, believes thereā€™s something or other in scripture about this stuff and yada yada.ā€¦..I donā€™t know, I switched off pretty quickly when he started quoting fictitious statistics.

Edit: Worth mentioning that our city has a population of 50,000 with 4 cases to date (one family). The risk to all of us is quite small at this stage, yet, people are lining up for the jab. The larger issue is availability.
My immediate workplace has about half that number and I only know of 2 people who haven't gotten the vaccine, not sure if everyone else has. At least one just got over having COVID after having been fully vaccinated. Another just got over it without having been vaccinated. Most of us are fairly young and at low risk, a few closer to retirement are not. My personal thought on the matter is that it's a personal choice whether or not to get vaccinated, and since the vaccine is free and widely available, and the only people at any significant level of risk are unvaccinated, then there's no reason for a mandate. We are all capable of making our own choices, and abiding by the consequences.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, I'm saying if they don't provide sufficient clarity on what testing requirements are acceptable, that could push that option out for businesses who don't want to risk being unintentionally out of compliance if they accept the wrong kind of testing.
Just saying weekly testing is required opens up the questions about what kind of testing, who can give the testing, how will the business be required to document the testing, and any number of other minute details.
Now, I haven't had a chance to look this mandate over yet, so it's just speculation on my part. But I did hear these questions brought up by a local union on NPR the other morning as being questions that union has submitted about the mandate so I'm comfortable in assuming the testing part of the mandate is not fully fleshed out or clear.
I hear what you're saying, and agree that if there is no detailed requirements or directions for companies to follow then that will be chaotic. If there's a mandate for testing instead of vaccination, then it all needs to be laid out very clearly and made to operate so everyone testing at businesses are all on the same page. What a concept, huh? :wink:

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; An interesting item about the mandate is who is not included. USPS workers, illegals crossing the border can only be offered the jabs and are released without it. People on social welfare programs. There may be other exempt groups.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; An interesting item about the mandate is who is not included. USPS workers, illegals crossing the border can only be offered the jabs and are released without it. People on social welfare programs. There may be other exempt groups.
Can you elaborate on the illegals crossing the border part? Are we talking about people who would need to meet the requirements if they were US citizens?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are all capable of making our own choices, and abiding by the consequences.
I have always been for that ideology ... as long as the choices people make only result in any possible negative consequences to only themselves and not also others. That's where the rub comes into play here.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
....the choice you make agrees with GT Pony
LoL ... you always make choices that can negatively impact other people? Let me guess ... yes. Takes a certain kind of person to only think about themselves and not ever consider how their actions can impact others. I call them "infringers". If you want to do something that doesn't negatively effect other people then knock yourself out. "Don't Tread on Me" goes two ways.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
"Don't Tread on Me" goes two ways.
Of course it does, but you imposing your will on me (forcing me to get an injection) is not the same as me not getting an injection.

In the first case you are "treading on me" in the second I am not "treading on you".

Nice try

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course it does, but you imposing your will on me (forcing me to get an injection) is not the same as me not getting an injection.

In the first case you are "treading on me" in the second I am not "treading on you".

Nice try
If there is a choice to get a shot or not (or find a different job is a 3rd option), then it's not actually forcing someone to get a vaccination. Make a choice, you have them. But people who would go to work and not either be vaccinated or tested are indeed treading on their co-workers. If you don't see that, then you're obviously the infringer type and only think about yourself.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
If you have a choice to get a shot or not, then it's not actually forcing someone to get a vaccination.
It's really not a choice if I will get fired for not getting the jab. Getting fired will mean I cannot feed or keep a roof over my kids heads.

Some choice

This is being forced, if you cannot see it you are blind.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's really not a choice if I will get fired for not getting the jab. Getting fired will mean I cannot feed or keep a roof over my kids heads.

Some choice

This is being forced, if you cannot see it you are blind.
You have choices - make one - you're not forced to get the jab. Is it going to kill you or anyone else to get tested once a week if you don't want the jab. What a bunch of cry babies. šŸ˜†
Sponsored