Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If so it does not read that way.
A quote right out of the article: " This is because even though antibody-mediated immunity wanes over time, specific memory B cells are induced after the first dose that increases significantly after the second. "

They are talking specifically about the memory B cells being part of the robustness. But if the antibody immunity part of the equation wanes then the overall effectiveness still wanes.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the vast majority of people, even those in his age group, the symptoms are mild or non existent. But like he said we are discussing jab side effects.
He's in the most vulnerable age group - the highest death rate. You think the effects on the body of a strong case of Covid are going to be less than the effects from the jab?

Granted, he's already vaccinated but doesn't mean if he got the delta variant that he's all "good to go". Only one way to find out, and that would be get delta and see how it goes. But it would be like smashing your car into a wall without an air bag and just a seat belt so see how you fared.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Anti bodies wane with any infection it is the memory cells that continue the immunity. Why the booster indeed?

Still haven't answered why jabbed are spreading virus unlike other vaccines.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anti bodies wane with any infection it is the memory cells that continue the immunity. Why the booster indeed?
Same reason some other vaccines need a booster shot . You pretty much answered your own question above ^^^ - "Anit bodies wane with any infection".

Still haven't answered why jabbed are spreading virus unlike other vaccines.
Because this virus doesn't necessarily act like every virus, and can still reside in your head/nose and be transmitted regardless if you have a vaccination or not. Some say the vaccinated people have a less viral load and that may cut down their spreadability factor. That probably also goes for the people who have already had Covid. The vaccine nor the immunity system seems to actually "kill" every virus but it can still reside in people and spread without making them sick. But if it spreads to someone that hasn't had Covid or are not vaccinated then they are most at risk. Especially if it's the delta variant which is much more contagious, along the lines of chicken pox in terms of contagiousness.

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...n-delta-vaccinated-breakthrough-mask-guidance

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Because this virus doesn't necessarity act like every virus, and can still reside in your nose and be transmitted regardless if you have a vaccination or not. That probably also goes for the people who have already had Covid. The vaccine nor the immunity system seems to actually "kill" every virus and it can still reside in people and spread without making them sick. But if it spreads to someone that hasn't had Covid or are not vaccinated then they are most at risk.
Now you are back to the talking points and really didn't answer anything. This virus is just like any other corona virus. If they hung out in peoples noses and spread, then every cold virus would do the same and would infect people for months after someone got over the cold.

Anti bodies wane after infection but immunity does not.

I believe some vaccines need a booster after 10 years or so, not months and most are for life.

As to the 70 and above age group the survival rate is over 90%. Still pretty good odds in the scheme of things.

My 82 YR old mother got the covid and it was mild, like a cold she said. She still got jabbed and the second put her in bed for a day.

Bottom line is this "vaccine" has not been long term tested and we won't have many answers for years.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; How arrogant of you to assume I did not discuss with the doctor. You are again mistaken. I did discuss the planed treatment and that the antibiotics would be used when and if needed. She had me check in from time to time as the healing progressed.
Your way is not the only way to do things.
I do not get lucky. I took precautions and worked out a plan. Broad spectrum antibiotics are not the answer all the time. I filled the script because the doctor wanted me to have it on hand. I am not going to take antibiotics if I can avoid them, but will if it comes down to it.
The too easy to use antibiotics over decades has put us in dire straits will resistant pathogens. But I would have thought you already knew this.
Ah, bullshit.

You said:

Hello; well the things is for 73 of my 74 years I have been free to decide if I want to take a medicine. Two summers ago I had an infection on my leg. I went to a doctor to have it checked. I went over the cleaning and care routine with the doctor. I was prescribed antibiotics. I decided to not take the antibiotics and see if I could get by without them. It worked. Could have been a mistake. Had the antibiotics handy just in case but did not need them.

Where is the bit about talking to your physician? You said you were prescribed the meds and then decided not to take them. You even mentioned a possible mistake.

You are just looking for a fight. Be more clear next time.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-19 Pandemia: Quo vadis, homo sapiens? (geertvandenbossche.org)

Hello; The above link showed up on another forum today. Pretty sure it has been on this thread some time in the past. It was dissed there here and it was dissed here in the past.

One fellow on the other forum pointed out the bit about the virus in animals as becoming reservoirs for the virus even if by some magic all people are protected.

Can you not help but take things personally?

"Dis" = Emotional Response

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I am not talking a sore shoulder and being tired. I was sick like having a bad flu for a full day or so. Bad body aches, fever and the like. It only lasted one day that way. The sore shoulder bit was by far the least of the side effect.
And if you end up 5 minutes away from a vent you would be begging for only one day of sickness. Think about it...

I truly hope that never happens though.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now you are back to the talking points and really didn't answer anything. This virus is just like any other corona virus.
Apparently it's not if you'd do some research about it. I gave the answer why, you just don't want to believe it. You have 10 fingers, go try to educate yourself more than listening to certain sources that don't believe in science or in people who study and deal with virus for a living.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Ah, bullshit.

You said:

Hello; well the things is for 73 of my 74 years I have been free to decide if I want to take a medicine. Two summers ago I had an infection on my leg. I went to a doctor to have it checked. I went over the cleaning and care routine with the doctor. I was prescribed antibiotics. I decided to not take the antibiotics and see if I could get by without them. It worked. Could have been a mistake. Had the antibiotics handy just in case but did not need them.

Where is the bit about talking to your physician? You said you were prescribed the meds and then decided not to take them. You even mentioned a possible mistake.

You are just looking for a fight. Be more clear next time.
Hello; You are a dyed in the wool "right fighter" to be sure. A person who will go to any lengths to claim to be correct. Saw it back in the "heads I win, tails you lose" business about natural immunity pages back.
You were not in the room when I spoke to the doctor. She did suggest antibiotics at the time. I then discussed the antibiotics with the doctor. I told her then I did not want to take antibiotics if I could avoid it. She wanted me to have them and such made sense to me as well as making the doctor more acceptable of my decision. I do not write these posts in any order or manner to please you. Nor do I care what you think about it to be honest. Keep you advice and false assumptions to yourself.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; You are a dyed in the wool "right fighter" to be sure. A person who will go to any lengths to claim to be correct. Saw it back in the "heads I win, tails you lose" business about natural immunity pages back.
You were not in the room when I spoke to the doctor. She did suggest antibiotics at the time. I then discussed the antibiotics with the doctor. I told her then I did not want to take antibiotics if I could avoid it. She wanted me to have them and such made sense to me as well as making the doctor more acceptable of my decision. I do not write these posts in any order or manner to please you. Nor do I care what you think about it to be honest. Keep you advice and false assumptions to yourself.
Interesting...

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Read and learn why vaccinated people could still spread Covid, so that question can stopped being asked over and over.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-breakthrough-infection-transmission
Hello; Noting new in the link. All has been cussed and discussed here already. Also to be more correct the discussion has been more about the problems of the vaccines rather than why the vaccinated can get infected and spread the virus. That topic was discussed weeks and maybe months ago. We all know you can catch covid even if vaccinated. We all know once infected the vaccinated can shedd the virus. We all know some vaccinated die or wind up in hospital with covid.
The link does not give much detail as to why the mechanism of the vaccines are failing. If it is that the delta variant is mutated enough so the vaccines do not work good on it, that is understandable and expected. The virus was expected to mutate at some point.

What is confusing is the same vaccines used from the start of giving the shots is still being used and still being claimed to be effective. My question is why not alter the vaccines to match the delta variant. Such is done for the flu shots. The flu vaccines can be tailored for more than one flu variant in one shot. Maybe I have missed the news. Have the vaccines been altered to match the prevailing delta variant or are they still set up for the alpha as back in Feb -March?

I have been looking deeper into how the mRNA vaccines work lately. Seems they focused on just one aspect of the virus, the protein spike. When I first read about this it made sense. Now I wonder if using jus ta fragment of the virus did not limit the action of the vaccine. The old style vaccines often used dis-abled entire virus.
Could it be that ta more complete immune reaction is had with the entire virus? That the mRNA vaccines are limited by the nature of how they are made?

At this point there are two groups who look to be in the best position. Those who had a mild case of the virus and recovered. Those with two shots who have also had a mild breakthru case of the virus. The rest are facing pretty good odds in terms of survival rates in the high 90's%. But some do get hammered real bad, both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Noting new in the link. All has been cussed and discussed here already.
Then why the hell do the same people who have been in this thread forever keep asking the same GD question, lol. I know, because they don't read any links given and instead tune into misinformation sources and only believe what they've been brainwashed to believe. 🤪
Sponsored