MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Model S? Test drove one and it was pretty cool for a few minutes. Glad I got my V8 but I am not anti EV at all either. For what it is, the model S is overall pretty good. Not 130k good but good lol.
Model 3 Performance. I couldn't justify more expense when it sits in the garage about 90% of the time - plus, to be honest, I like the slightly smaller size. It has outstanding interior space vs. the exterior, it's like a 5-series in a 3-series body (make that a BMW M3 :D), the full clear roof gives the interior a huge feel.

I had two back to back GT convertibles, terrific, looked great, sounded amazing, perfectly modified, I've had a Z06, and a 750+ HP Supra (to name a few), I get high performance vehicles, the visceral experience, most have even been manuals - I've done dozens of track events, top speed runs, taken home stacks of trophies, I loved every car I've owned. I'm coming from a pretty informed perspective.

It was time for something totally different. When we got the Wrangler 4xe it definitely flipped a switch (though, hahaha, I had already gone all in with battery powered yard equipment). When I got the 50a circuit and installed a 40a EVSE (killer "smart" Grizzl-E product out of Canada, ~36mi/h charging rate at home), charging the Jeep was a couple of hour effort, and it was __so__simple to charge, such a quick process when you park (and with a 24' cable, easy to connect front or backing in).

Once I made that move to the 4xe PHEV, I knew a BEV was on deck, and from my perspective, right now, there's only option, a Tesla. Some points, without getting into the "green" discussion:
  • Huge charging network, Tesla and any other, 1000 miles - free, our fave resorts - free
  • $0.10/kWh home charging, that's about 3.6 miles, i.e. 36 miles per $1
  • 99% of my local trip distances mean I'm fully recharged in under an hour
  • It's fast as hell, I don't care about top end, that X car will catch it at Y illegal speeds, it has some slick track modes, F/R bias control, big brakes, special cooling modes
  • No, the single display is zero issue, it took 20 minutes after delivery for me to go, "Got it", most things are automatic or easily controlled by voice, no you don't take your eyes off the road anymore than any other car (the M3 gets a 5-star safety rating too)
  • Stellar tech, I can control the car config, the AC, know the status of the windows/locks/trunk, the interior temp, the audio is spectacular, Tesla Vision is mind blowing, 8 cameras, awesome AWD system, get in with a phone-key, pull one stalk down and go, grant someone limited access remotely, the car has an API, you can get a token and program it
  • Loads of room for a mid-sized sedan, we took 3 roller bags, 3 other bags, a big cooler/dolly, a big "return bag", with plenty of space left, frunk empty - seats fold down and it'll handle large items
  • The white interior option is stunning, no it's super easy to clean, stays clean, it's plush, supportive, simply elegant - big red brakes, 20" wheels, it all works beautifully with the exterior, that's Midnight Silver Metallic
  • It changes the entire vehicle experience, seriously, it's very slick - I've noted most of the things people (and that used to be me) have issues with, just aren't present, it's all perspectives from non-owners, I know cars, V8/muscle, high performance, etc., it's pretty spectacular - and keep in mind, this is a 4-door mid-sized sedan, that costs under $60K
So far, it's been an excellent pairing with our Wrangler 4xe, that keeps its hardtop off (electric hoist in the garage), so rain, long drive, super hot, M3P - beach, towing, open air fun, "dirty jobs", trails, SUP/surf, it's the 4xe.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
As mentioned before - giving an opinion when you either don't know (or don't bother finding out) is uninformed and hence of little value. It is also amusing you think there is a 'they' that you are somehow fighting against - paranoia perhaps ? I have no allegiance with anybody else on here and simply respond to other posts.

I really don't care about what side or other you took in your fishy tail
. I have already explained multiple times that I am not in a position to have a valid opinion.
[QUOTE="Gregs24,
Incidentally your comment. 'I get to decide what matters to me' is not the sound basis for an informed opinion nor a likely route to harmony. What matters to other people is just as important, it is called empathy, which is very different to sympathy. A lack of empathy results in conflict, arrogance and insensitivity.

The fact that you are 'not interested' in UK law or any details in the presented case unfortunately demonstrates a significant lack of empathy on your part. You just want to give your opinion based on half a story, with you filling in the gaps to come to a conclusion. I'm not really sure why you think that is useful to anybody ? "
[/QUOTE]

Hello; It occurred to me you were using two opposing sides of the same concept. One against me and one in favor for yourself. On the one hand you criticize me for saying I get to decide what matters to me to the point of you saying such makes me lack empathy, makes me have arrogance and makes me insensitive. Even that my lack of empathy leads to conflict.
There were other posts blasting me over my stance and not just by you alone. I guess I associate you with a few others as you so often have very similar views and use the same or very similar name calling and put downs.

Yet you want to get to decide for yourself what you care about. I even understand that it is OK for you to not care about my fish story. Such was my stance in the posts about the peripheral issues in the poster link. I get to decide what in particular interests me in a post. I sometimes am interested in all of a post. Other times only a portion holds an interest.

You want consideration for yourself in such things, but feel justified in throwing put downs at me when I want the same thing. How very interesting.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Model 3 Performance. I couldn't justify more expense when it sits in the garage about 90% of the time - plus, to be honest, I like the slightly smaller size. It has outstanding interior space vs. the exterior, it's like a 5-series in a 3-series body (make that a BMW M3 :D), the full clear roof gives the interior a huge feel.

I had two back to back GT convertibles, terrific, looked great, sounded amazing, perfectly modified, I've had a Z06, and a 750+ HP Supra (to name a few), I get high performance vehicles, the visceral experience, most have even been manuals - I've done dozens of track events, top speed runs, taken home stacks of trophies, I loved every car I've owned. I'm coming from a pretty informed perspective.

It was time for something totally different. When we got the Wrangler 4xe it definitely flipped a switch (though, hahaha, I had already gone all in with battery powered yard equipment). When I got the 50a circuit and installed a 40a EVSE (killer "smart" Grizzl-E product out of Canada, ~36mi/h charging rate at home), charging the Jeep was a couple of hour effort, and it was __so__simple to charge, such a quick process when you park (and with a 24' cable, easy to connect front or backing in).

Once I made that move to the 4xe PHEV, I knew a BEV was on deck, and from my perspective, right now, there's only option, a Tesla. Some points, without getting into the "green" discussion:
  • Huge charging network, Tesla and any other, 1000 miles - free, our fave resorts - free
  • $0.10/kWh home charging, that's about 3.6 miles, i.e. 36 miles per $1
  • 99% of my local trip distances mean I'm fully recharged in under an hour
  • It's fast as hell, I don't care about top end, that X car will catch it at Y illegal speeds, it has some slick track modes, F/R bias control, big brakes, special cooling modes
  • No, the single display is zero issue, it took 20 minutes after delivery for me to go, "Got it", most things are automatic or easily controlled by voice, no you don't take your eyes off the road anymore than any other car (the M3 gets a 5-star safety rating too)
  • Stellar tech, I can control the car config, the AC, know the status of the windows/locks/trunk, the interior temp, the audio is spectacular, Tesla Vision is mind blowing, 8 cameras, awesome AWD system, get in with a phone-key, pull one stalk down and go, grant someone limited access remotely, the car has an API, you can get a token and program it
  • Loads of room for a mid-sized sedan, we took 3 roller bags, 3 other bags, a big cooler/dolly, a big "return bag", with plenty of space left, frunk empty - seats fold down and it'll handle large items
  • The white interior option is stunning, no it's super easy to clean, stays clean, it's plush, supportive, simply elegant - big red brakes, 20" wheels, it all works beautifully with the exterior, that's Midnight Silver Metallic
  • It changes the entire vehicle experience, seriously, it's very slick - I've noted most of the things people (and that used to be me) have issues with, just aren't present, it's all perspectives from non-owners, I know cars, V8/muscle, high performance, etc., it's pretty spectacular - and keep in mind, this is a 4-door mid-sized sedan, that costs under $60K
So far, it's been an excellent pairing with our Wrangler 4xe, that keeps its hardtop off (electric hoist in the garage), so rain, long drive, super hot, M3P - beach, towing, open air fun, "dirty jobs", trails, SUP/surf, it's the 4xe.
Great review! Thank you! I did like the space in the model S. The hatch type back looked like I wouldn't even have to take a wheel off a bicycle to get it in there. I was really close to going model 3 right before I purchased my ordered GT but it would have been the super base RWD version. Same investment of about 45k but a slower car but also much less expensive "fuel". Honestly I think my next vehicle in about 8ish more years will be an electric truck. LOVE the Bollinger B1 but thats a lot of money too. In 8 years maybe there will be an electric Ranger or something...

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I hadn't thought of it this way.

Still if the person who removed it had agreed with the message, I'm sure she would not have removed it.

The offending sign
1627851880742.png
Whether you, me or any party agrees or disagrees with the content of the sign has no bearing on the legitimacy of its placement or subsequent removal.

I tend to agree that someone who supports the content would be less likely to remove it, unless of course that person was all about law and order… which I thought was one of the premises of the anti-mask brigade…

As a side note, I think signs are a pretty crappy way to convey a message. I don’t even have a sign on my door to tell the god-botherer’s to piss off and leave me alone.
Instead, I used to challenge them on their beliefs.
It’s a much more effective strategy than any sign.
Uusally only take a few simple questions before they want to leave.

Haven’t seen them at the door for a few years now.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Haven’t seen them at the door for a few years now.
Back in college I had a room mate who loved to argue. I watched amazed while he made some jehovah witness members squirm.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Back in college I had a room mate who loved to argue. I watched amazed while he made some jehovah witness members squirm.
I’m always down for a good debate but drugging your opponent is a step too far IMO.

“MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA -- The details of a cruel joke played on two LDS missionaries in Melbourne were explained to a Melbourne court Tuesday. The unsuspecting missionaries were invited in to the home of Douglas Lynch, 40, and Alexander McLean, 46, on May 19th and offered cookies laced with cannabis, the plant that makes up marijuana. Both missionaries became ill and ended up in the hospital.

Elder Tom Pettit, a U.S. citizen, told the court that he and his companion went to the home to teach a man named Doug who they had met in the street earlier in the week. Lynch and McLean then offered the missionaries 30 freshly baked small cookies, of which the Elders ate 10 to 12 each, while their hosts ate three or four.

Elder Pettit then said that after about an hour, both Elders started to feel ill. He thought he'd been gassed and started shaking uncontrollably. He couldn't see or hear properly and finally blacked out.

Lynch and McLean have both plead not guilty to recklessly causing injury and inducing drug dependence in another, among other charges. Lynch also plead guilty to cultivating narcotic plants and possession of and use of cannabis. The trial is continuing.”

That was about 20 odd years ago. From memory the cookie guy was convicted (as you’d reasonably expect).

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyways, back to the issue of battery storage. I found this interesting. I’m not suggesting that it’s going to be the final word in battery development, but it certainly highlights how a competitive environment can yield new technologies.
Whether this actually comes to fruition I‘d hate to guess, but it seems like a good idea in principle.

On the flip side, my inner sceptic is asking “what’s the catch?”

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hello; It occurred to me you were using two opposing sides of the same concept. One against me and one in favor for yourself. On the one hand you criticize me for saying I get to decide what matters to me to the point of you saying such makes me lack empathy, makes me have arrogance and makes me insensitive. Even that my lack of empathy leads to conflict.
There were other posts blasting me over my stance and not just by you alone. I guess I associate you with a few others as you so often have very similar views and use the same or very similar name calling and put downs.

Yet you want to get to decide for yourself what you care about. I even understand that it is OK for you to not care about my fish story. Such was my stance in the posts about the peripheral issues in the poster link. I get to decide what in particular interests me in a post. I sometimes am interested in all of a post. Other times only a portion holds an interest.

You want consideration for yourself in such things, but feel justified in throwing put downs at me when I want the same thing. How very interesting.
Well, trying to work out what you are on about....

The crux I believe is: I'm not interested in your story, and am not prepared to offer an opinion because I do not have all the information.

You have in interest in part of my link, have added your own bits, and formed an uninformed opinion which you have shared.

Bored of this now ...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Great review! Thank you! I did like the space in the model S. The hatch type back looked like I wouldn't even have to take a wheel off a bicycle to get it in there. I was really close to going model 3 right before I purchased my ordered GT but it would have been the super base RWD version. Same investment of about 45k but a slower car but also much less expensive "fuel". Honestly I think my next vehicle in about 8ish more years will be an electric truck. LOVE the Bollinger B1 but thats a lot of money too. In 8 years maybe there will be an electric Ranger or something...
Doesn't the F150 Lightning fit the bill - if you REALLY must have a TRUCK ! :wink:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; You can go back several pages to the post where the poster incident was started, then look at my comments. I made what to me was a simple observation and did not think it was a big deal.
I know it is not worth the time and effort to read thru how first one, then another and another jumped on my comment. Twisting what I said.
Reminds me of the thread called pet peeves where I mentioned how failure to merge on an interstate when a lane is closed can cause a backup. Some of the same crew did the same thing. I may have burned one or a few at some time and they want to get back at me. Most likely they are a crew who just does this sort of thing and I am not a particular target. One of them will start and the others pile on.
Saw some of that sort of behavior in public schools. Cliques reinforcing each others bad behavior.
More attacks and fantasy.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I get Doc will not be reading this, but others may. The hello is mostly used as an initial greeting. Not sure it costs anyone anything but do see how it can allow for my posts to be skipped.

Sometimes I present very separate ideas in a post. Say when I am commenting on separate quotes from a link or another's post. I will use Hello to indicate I am moving on to a different comment often with little or nothing to do with my last comment. This should help keep things more clear.

I will put my comments in italics and may even underline in some cases. A few members have tried to claim I post gibberish in the past. Does not seem likely, but lots of tactics are used to belittle my comments by some. I figure most can see for themselves if my posts make sense.
I do tend to write long posts and try to break them up into short paragraphs to help others read my stuff.
More passive-aggression here.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

More attacks and passive aggression.

You want it both ways though, you post about how you feel things should be and you specifically ignore that which is being discussed. Well, you ignore that which is counter to your word view. That's some serious hubris right there.

Talk about tactic.
Sponsored