OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Some have posted that any citizen has a right to tear down a poster in a public place. Does not seem correct.
Honestly, I think you might looking at this the wrong way.

Without knowing the specific laws of the area in which this occurred, I’ll have to generalise.

Usually, signs like this are considered litter. Once you have that idea in your mind, consider your actions each time you pick up a piece of trash in the public domain.

Someone else placed it there. Do you have the right to clean it up of not? Of course you do. Where I live, the government even encourages you to do so.

So, in this instance, my gut feeling is that the first party messed up by littering, and then took it a step further by booby trapping their litter.
The second person was doing a public service, BUT, they too had the intention of carrying out their own littering, so that part‘s a wash in my mind.

I‘m not defending the actions of the second person in any way shape or form, BUT, had they NOT been intending to place a poster themselves, I would 100% back them in their decision to clean up their area, as is their civic right.

Again, that’s a broad generalisation of MY interpretation of how things USUALLY work, based on my experiences in a different country.
Sponsored

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
That could mean flu deaths have not dropped, they have been reported as covid if and when a patient tested positive for covid. This because once positive for covid no more testing was done.

Am I correct in this thinking?
If a patient dies, we will send a full respiratory panel - not only COVID - but also influenza and for a dozen other viruses. So we (my hospital system) still track deaths from influenza + other sources.

Deaths are treated very differently than other cases. So your extrapolation isn't applicable to deaths.

It's an absolute fallacy to assume that "once positive for covid no more testing was done". That's something news networks have falsely spread.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Usually, signs like this are considered litter.
I hadn't thought of it this way.

Still if the person who removed it had agreed with the message, I'm sure she would not have removed it.

The offending sign
1627851880742.png

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's an absolute fallacy to assume that "once positive for covid no more testing was done". That's something news networks have falsely spread.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Sponsored

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
Testing for flu is also way down.
Yes. Correct statement. Though I should clarify my apologies.

Testing for flu is also way down...in living patients.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
If a patient dies, we will send a full respiratory panel - not only COVID - but also influenza and for a dozen other viruses. So we (my hospital system) still track deaths from influenza + other sources.

Deaths are treated very differently than other cases. So your extrapolation isn't applicable to deaths.

They may have in some places, but in the UK news it has always been clearly identified what the statistics are for. There are actually three death figures produced for the UK for the news. Death within 28 days of a positive test, Death where COVID is mentioned on the death certificate and finally excess deaths above average for the time of year. All are clearly defined and all have a meaning. If people choose to ignore or fail to understand it is not for want of trying and transparency!

Last edited:

btcarmd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
Yes. Correct statement. Though I should clarify my apologies.

Testing for flu is also way down...in living patients.
So if someone dies and test positive for more than one virus how is cause of death determined?

Sponsored

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
So if someone dies and test positive for more than one virus how is cause of death determined?
We would list all possible causes and contributing factors. Heck, there's even an option to include smoking as a contributing factor.

I should also add that we commonly list multiple concurrent causes as the cause of death. Death certificates don't limit you to only one single cause of death.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
They may have in some places, but in the UK news it has always been clearly identified what the statistics are for. There are actually three death figures produced for the UK for the news. Death within 28 days of a positive test, Death where COVID is measured on the death certificate and finally excess deaths above average for the time of year. All are clearly defined and all have a meaning. If people choose to ignore or fail to understand it is not for want of trying and transparency!
Agreed! In the US...and other countries to varying degrees... people are just willfully ignoring or TRYING not to understand the data.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Second Opinion: What China's dangerous coal relapse means for the rest of the world (msn.com)

Quotes from the link:
“Coal consumption, which had decreased each year from 2014 to 2016, has since risen steadily. The same is true of carbon dioxide emissions, which increased by 1.5% to 1.7% even during the pandemic-induced slowdown in 2020.”

“But China added 38.4 gigawatts of new coal-fired power capacity in 2020 (a large power plant produces around 1 gigawatt), even as the rest of the world reduced its net capacity by 17.2 gigawatts.”

Hello; (My comments) I recall posting as to how the USA state of Florida recently shutdown it’s very last coal power plant. I tried to elicit a kind comment about this if any recall. Got a per-capita lecture if I recall correctly.

“this increase is only the beginning. The Chinese government has approved construction of an additional 36.9 gigawatts of coal-fired power capacity, bringing the total under construction today to 88 gigawatts, with proposals to build an additional 158.7 gigawatts in the pipeline.”

Hello; (My comments) I guess this means they will not stop building coal power plants by 2030????

“A Global Energy Monitor report concludes that if China continues to expand capacity to 1,400 gigawatts through 2035, as proposed, “its coal-power generation alone will be more than three times as large as the global limit on coal power use determined by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change to keep global warming well below 2 degrees C.””

Hello; (My comments) OK, well for sure 2030 is out. So China alone will go beyond what is predicted to be needed to keep warming below by 2 degrees C. That sentence is phrased strangely. Sort of sounds like China may do enough to jump warming to get 6 degrees of warming. Someone need to work out that statement.

“For starters, the protests in Hong Kong, the trade war with the U.S. and the COVID-19 pandemic have shifted Chinese policymakers’ focus away from environmental reform.” ---- “The recent U.S.-China trade war has further heightened Chinese concerns about energy security, “----“Whereas former President Obama and Xi found common ground in the battle against global warming, setting the stage for the 2015 Paris climate agreement, U.S. disengagement from the issue under President Trump probably weakened China’s commitment, too.”

Hello; (My comments) I guess our forum member who has before defended China can perhaps find comfort in that even in this article a way was found to lay some blame on the USA.

“Climate experts at Global Energy Monitor, TransitionZero and elsewhere calculate that limiting global warming to below 2 degrees Celsius will require China to close 600 of its 1,082 coal plants by 2030. If they are right, China had better start turning its giant carbon ship around now.’”

Hello; (My comments) I somehow have doubts about such a reduction. Pretty sure I and a few others have been posting our doubts about China turning out to be the good environmental player later on if we just let them pollute like crazy until 2030. But we are among those who post mis-information. Who are not able to understand things. Who have comprehension problems and cannot follow the science.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Simple way to deal with him and you don’t even have to put him on ignore, when you see a post start with “hello:” just keep scrolling. He’s just a troll that funnily enough doesn’t even own a Mustang.
Hello; I get Doc will not be reading this, but others may. The hello is mostly used as an initial greeting. Not sure it costs anyone anything but do see how it can allow for my posts to be skipped.

Sometimes I present very separate ideas in a post. Say when I am commenting on separate quotes from a link or another's post. I will use Hello to indicate I am moving on to a different comment often with little or nothing to do with my last comment. This should help keep things more clear.

I will put my comments in italics and may even underline in some cases. A few members have tried to claim I post gibberish in the past. Does not seem likely, but lots of tactics are used to belittle my comments by some. I figure most can see for themselves if my posts make sense.
I do tend to write long posts and try to break them up into short paragraphs to help others read my stuff.

btcarmd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
We would list all possible causes and contributing factors. Heck, there's even an option to include smoking as a contributing factor.

I should also add that we commonly list multiple concurrent causes as the cause of death. Death certificates don't limit you to only one single cause of death.
Thank you for that information.
Sponsored