Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I have a printed sheet of paper in my old files of stuff I used in my science classrooms. It was used as a handout. It was titled something like the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide. The printout goes on to list a series of lethal and non-lethal possible effects of using the molecule.
It also had information about dangers associated with the molecule in the environment best as I can recall.
I would have the students read the page of information and then try to get a discussion going. Sometimes we would go on for a while talking it over. Sometimes we would have a few who were concerned about how to avoid the molecule. Every so often the thing was stopped in it's tracks but by a clever student.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hello; I have a printed sheet of paper in my old files of stuff I used in my science classrooms. It was used as a handout. It was titled something like the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide. The printout goes on to list a series of lethal and non-lethal possible effects of using the molecule.
It also had information about dangers associated with the molecule in the environment best as I can recall.
I would have the students read the page of information and then try to get a discussion going. Sometimes we would go on for a while talking it over. Sometimes we would have a few who were concerned about how to avoid the molecule. Every so often the thing was stopped in it's tracks but a clever student.
That is one of the best things you have ever posted :cwl:

So true.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
That is a very simplistic description, the reality is hugely more complex with many different methods of vaccination. NO vaccine ever causes disease, it wouldn't be a vaccine if it did. Some vaccines may make the recipient feel a bit ill, depending on what the vaccine is for and how it is delivered, but that is all.

The incubation period for a respiratory type virus is 3 to 7 days in general so if vaccinated during that period the vaccine will do nothing to stop disease. In addition, depending on how the vaccine is delivered it takes time for the anamnestic response to occur which is when the body is truly prepared for an attack. For a double dose vaccine it is typically a week or two after the second dose, until then the protection is incomplete.
Hello; This is not entirely true. There was not the intention to cause disease with vaccines but there have been cases of a vaccine actually giving the disease. In the older method of making a vaccine they grew the actual virus in some living animal or live chicken eggs. The idea was to incapacitate the virus ( kill it off ) so it could not infect. There have been some mistakes and the virus did cause the illness.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hello; This is not entirely true. There was not the intention to cause disease with vaccines but there have been cases of a vaccine actually giving the disease. In the older method of making a vaccine they grew the actual virus in some living animal or live chicken eggs. The idea was to incapacitate the virus ( kill it off ) so it could not infect. There have been some mistakes and the virus did cause the illness.
OK I should have qualified 'modern vaccines'

Edward Jenner deliberately infected somebody with cowpox which did cause disease, but protected against smallpox. The origin of vaccination.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow you guys must be really bored to be posting the same thing ad infinitum. Go out and drive your mustangs!
kinda hard to drive and type on the keyboard. "somebody is wrong on the Internet!" afterall.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

https://www.lockhaven.edu/~dsimanek/dhmo.htm

Priceless.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Wow you guys must be really bored to be posting the same thing ad infinitum. Go out and drive your mustangs!
Would if I could but I'm at work. Nothing going on due to delays and shortages and all the pandemic BS but we're all still reporting in to a warehouse all essential like. Not complaining at all though, very thankful to still be employed. Here in 3 hours I'll be happily behind the wheel commuting a longer more fun route home as always.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Have to much to do to keep up with this today but like I was saying earlier, what do they know.

"These vaccines operate really well in protecting us from severe disease and death, but the big concern is that the next variant that might emerge - just a few mutations potentially away - could potentially evade our vaccines," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said in a Tuesday press briefing.

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-coronavi...AlcgX56QlHUu66D08B1uTnv36ed17dT-VhNUjLPQCoFN9

Doesn’t seem to me something she would just blurt out for no reason. I feel like I am being lied too.
Must be horrible living a life where everyone and everything is suspect.

I have no idea what is so scandalous about telling people the truth about variants. This pandemic isn't over by a long shot. This thread is evidence as to why - well, partly so.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which is not relevant in the last regards mRNA vaccines.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not so much boredom as it is correcting for the truth. Maybe, just maybe, some knucklehead out there sees the light about what is going on and that there are people who do not know a thing about what the are talking about and should not be listened to. Might save a life.

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
Have to much to do to keep up with this today but like I was saying earlier, what do they know.

"These vaccines operate really well in protecting us from severe disease and death, but the big concern is that the next variant that might emerge - just a few mutations potentially away - could potentially evade our vaccines," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said in a Tuesday press briefing.

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-coronavi...AlcgX56QlHUu66D08B1uTnv36ed17dT-VhNUjLPQCoFN9

Doesn’t seem to me something she would just blurt out for no reason. I feel like I am being lied too.
Let me try to break this down for you.... if everyone gets vaccinated ideally the virus cannot spread anymore therefore it cannot mutate.

What she is trying to say in very simple terms is that the virus could mutate in a way that makes the vaccines less effective or not at all. This is how all viruses work. But if they cannot spread, they cannot mutate.

Very hard concept but I am sure you can wrap your head around it.
Sponsored