sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Correct.

It also shows Co2 and temp rise and fall in a repeatable pattern.
Hello; Yes they fall and rise in similar ways. Is it that they are affecting each other or can it be the similar rise and fall are the effect of some other factor?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
And once again you forgot the full graph that was posted pages back for you that shows the most recent bit. Again wilful ignorance and repeatedly ignoring the facts as presented by experts in their field. Have you forgotten all of this from only a couple of weeks ago ?

1627140375069.png
Hello; Not a graph I am looking for. The scale is closer to what likely is what will be better but this is a graph of only Co2, so no way to see if temperatures lead or follow.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
That you have the arrogance to suggest until you have come to your conclusion the rest of the scientific community is wrong or misguided is hilarious. What on earth qualifies you to judge professional climatologists ?
Hello; The very nature of science allows for me or anyone to seek truth on their own. I nor any other person has to stop seeking facts and making their own conclusions. When someone makes a statement such as you just did, I think of the early telescope astronomers. The scientific consensus was the earth is the center of the universe. Easy enough to understand as it appeared the sun circled the earth. That the moon did orbit the earth helped the illusion. Mercury's retrograde motion threw a wrench into the idea.
I am not equating myself to the early telescope astronomers to be sure, but it was not the consensus of their time which proved true. It is that the sun is the center of our little section of space.

If you are so very sure I cannot find any significant clues, then why rail so strongly against my looking. It is my time I am using. Why not just let me waste it and you go on to the very important stuff. If it is you just need to have someone to call names and put down, then go ahead. I can take it. ( Actually I do not much care. I am looking for my own reasons, not to impress you.)

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; The very nature of science allows for me or anyone to seek truth on their own. I nor any other person has to stop seeking facts and making their own conclusions. When someone makes a statement such as you just did, I think of the early telescope astronomers. The scientific consensus was the earth is the center of the universe. Easy enough to understand as it appeared the sun circled the earth. That the moon did orbit the earth helped the illusion. Mercury's retrograde motion threw a wrench into the idea.
I am not equating myself to the early telescope astronomers to be sure, but it was not the consensus of their time which proved true. It is that the sun is the center of our little section of space.

If you are so very sure I cannot find any significant clues, then why rail so strongly against my looking. It is my time I am using. Why not just let me waste it and you go on to the very important stuff. If it is you just need to have someone to call names and put down, then go ahead. I can take it. ( Actually I do not much care. I am looking for my own reasons, not to impress you.)
Seek what you like, but remember you must have the required level of understanding and knowledge to make valid conclusions, or you will simply end up making misguided or incorrect judgements. Do you have the required knowledge of thermodynamics and atmospheric dynamics ? If not do you have the required mathematical knowledge to learn those areas of expertise ? It's very much like patients who go to a doctor having consulted Dr Google first and then challenge the doctor's diagnosis. I can't design a nuclear reactor because I don't have the required knowledge, no amount of Googling will ever mean I can.

You have been provided with plenty of appropriate sources of information today and before.

Things have moved on since the time when astronomers were trying to understand the relationship of the Earth and Moon. Proven data exists to support the current consensus - it isn't just theory.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The very nature of science allows for me or anyone to seek truth on their own. I nor any other person has to stop seeking facts and making their own conclusions.
They are scared to death you might be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt their religion is false. So they do everything they can to stop any research.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
It's the same graph as your sceptic friend showed (only the CO2 bit) but doesn't stop at 1950 which avoids the awkward bit he ignores. You can overlay it.

CO2 lags temperature - what does it mean? (skepticalscience.com)
Hello; Thanks for the link. Helps me a lot. I will study the information. I figure to make a point the climate is not dependent on Co2 alone. Duh! Yet is it Co2 which is the target of the green and EV agenda. We are to upset the apple cart to use an old saying in order to reduce Co2 is the constant cry. Well a point can be made that too much is resting on Co2 when there are other players in action in terms of the climate.

Poking a hole in the Co2 levels rising always leads to temperatures rising or Co2 levels lowering always leads to lower temperatures ought to put a question in the debate about Ev's , green energy and global warming. I did not pick Co2 to be the lead in a climate change agenda, someone else did. I am expected to go along with the demise of my lifestyle on some else's say so and not question. I intend to question and come to my own conclusions.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Seek what you like, but remember you must have the required level of understanding and knowledge to make valid conclusions, or you will simply end up making misguided or incorrect judgements. Do you have the required knowledge of thermodynamics and atmospheric dynamics ? If not do you have the required mathematical knowledge to learn those areas of expertise ? It's very much like patients who go to a doctor having consulted Dr Google first and then challenge the doctor's diagnosis. I can't design a nuclear reactor because I don't have the required knowledge, no amount of Googling will ever mean I can.

You have been provided with plenty of appropriate sources of information today and before.

Things have moved on since the time when astronomers were trying to understand the relationship of the Earth and Moon. Proven data exists to support the current consensus - it isn't just theory.
Hello; So the truth and valid facts only show themselves to folks on your approved list. I do not know if I have the smarts to figure it all out. If I live long enough I have plenty of extra time to work with. I have nothing better to do.
I recall many years ago a professor made a statement about a laser we were using in a class. I spent hours in the lab working backward using a prism built into a degree table with that laser. I worked out the frequency of the laser using the math skills I had. Got close to the correct frequency as was discovered when the prof looked it up in the manual. I could have just asked for the manual but wanted to see if I could do it.

I likely will fail. You keep forgetting I was a public school teacher. We get use to tilting at windmills.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
They are scared to death you might be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt their religion is false. So they do everything they can to stop any research.
Go on then - prove it with real data. We are all waiting.......... Oh of course we have been here before with you and it always ends the same way. Do you want me to copy and paste your responses or do you have them ready :crazy:

The only religion is your sceptic religion - where you are blind to facts that might interfere with your cosy little world

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; They have all the advantages. Lots of scientists on the payroll. Mostly control of the media. Even governments backing them up. Not sure what threat level I may be.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; So the truth and valid facts only show themselves to folks on your approved list. I do not know if I have the smarts to figure it all out. If I live long enough I have plenty of extra time to work with. I have nothing better to do.
I recall many years ago a professor made a statement about a laser we were using in a class. I spent hours in the lab working backward using a prism built into a degree table with that laser. I worked out the frequency of the laser using the math skills I had. Got close to the correct frequency as was discovered when the prof looked it up in the manual. I could have just asked for the manual but wanted to see if I could do it.

I likely will fail. You keep forgetting I was a public school teacher. We get use to tilting at windmills.
There is no 'approved list'. There are reputable sources of information.

So why the struggle ? The data is there, from reputable sources where you can challenge it and get your answers. Why is that so hard for you ? Did you teach your students anything about how to establish the validity of sources and reputation or did you just believe any old source and opinion ?

You seem to be spending a disproportionate amount of time looking for something that disproves climate change from any source possible no matter how dodgy ?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; They have all the advantages. Lots of scientists on the payroll. Mostly control of the media. Even governments backing them up. Not sure what threat level I may be.
Oh dear. End of conversation. Your conspiracy theorist roots are showing.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
You seem to be spending a disproportionate amount of time looking for something that disproves climate change from any source possible no matter how dodgy ?
Hello; Left to my own I may come to the conclusion you guys are correct. Thing is I am not a shut up and do not question you betters sort of person. I will question until I have answers which seem to fit the case.

I tried to get my students to think for themselves.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Looking at Mars, it's atmosphere is 96% Co2.

Why is it not a sauna?
Sponsored