Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Also I posted some of the rules for radicals earlier in this thread and the tactic of destroying any opponents to the accepted view, is one of the rules. So don't expect anything other than more put downs from the true believers.
Hello; Yes to this.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; More crass language. I seriously doubt many are buying into the notion I am an emotional weakling, nor a victim for that matter. I wonder when you were chosen to be the decider and authority of such things?
Amazing. Nothing crass about my post you were replying to.

My authority became effective at 2:14 am Eastern Time on August 29th, 1997.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Climate change is real,
Yes, this is true.
humans have contributed to unprecedented warming on a global scale.
This is false. Look at the data.
The science is settled.
If that were true any scientist would be able to make a working experiment proving it.
There is overwhelming consensus of the experts in the field.
Self titled experts maybe. Real science does not need a consensus
You and your buddie are pattering on about feelings and me being crass which just deflects away from the truth.
I am going off of the climatic data, not feelings.
Sadly, there is no way to have a rational discussion with the irrational.
This is true, look in the mirror.
My authority became effective at 2:14 am Eastern Time on August 29th, 1997
So 24 next month, this answers a lot. If you objectively look at things I suspect your opinion of man made climate change, will change, by the time you are 35 or sooner. If you stop being led by your feelings.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I find it amusing that the triplets find a consensus of scientists as facts and all non supporting evidence as nonsense.

If it truly were fact it could be proven by experiment and then a consensus would not be needed. I also find it amusing all the agreeing scientists are making their living on grants by entities that are fully vested in having man made climate change.

I see the triplets posting the same info one gets from CNN and not doing any independent study. SK47 at least seems to have an open mind and is trying to find the truth.

Also I posted some of the rules for radicals earlier in this thread and the tactic of destroying any opponents to the accepted view, is one of the rules. So don't expect anything other than more put downs from the true believers.

I will add an observation. It looks like the triplets have been taught what to think and not how to think. My experience with the public schools and our university systems only affirms that thought.
This is a troll post right?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, that troll BJ guy blocked us, remember? K4fxd isn't trolling, he really does believe what he espouses.
I had hoped otherwise.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Several pages I asked Burkey to tell us about T. Boone Pickens. He so far has not. I have posted about Pickens. Pickens had a plan to make vehicles using hydrogen nearly two decades ago. He testified before congress about it. Best I can recall he had some prototype Hydrogen generators built that were small enough for someone to have in a private home. It is still not clear why his approach never got traction.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; Several pages I asked Burkey to tell us about T. Boone Pickens. He so far has not. I have posted about Pickens. Pickens had a plan to make vehicles using hydrogen nearly two decades ago. He testified before congress about it. Best I can recall he had some prototype Hydrogen generators built that were small enough for someone to have in a private home. It is still not clear why his approach never got traction.
You do know that such things exist, right? Hydrogen fuel cells that generate electricity?

They have not gained traction due to a whole slew of things, but that is definitely changing.

What does 'ole T-Boone have to do with it?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought you were taking the pissā€¦hence I didnā€™t respond.
It seemed like a nonsensical question.

There are several reasons why hydrogen hasnā€™t taken off yet and thatā€™s easily googled, unless your previous searches have munted the search algorithms.

Personally, Iā€™m not a fan of the title of the piece below (slightly misleading/sensationalist) but it does explain some of the reasons why hydrogen power hasnā€™t taken off in the personal vehicle market, which is not to say that it canā€™t or wonā€™t be used in other segments or that the situation wont change in the future.
Who really knows what the future might bring?

I imagine that there will be a range of solutions to a range of problems. We already have at least 4 primary fuel types for the ICE, I canā€™t see why the ā€œgreen optionā€ would be limited to only one solution.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesm...-the-future-of-electric-cars/?sh=3c4b7c4312fa

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I find it amusing that the triplets find a consensus of scientists as facts and all non supporting evidence as nonsense.
Nobody has posted anything that constitutes ā€non-supporting evidenceā€. You might think they have, but thatā€™s based on your faulty understanding of the premise.

If it truly were fact it could be proven by experiment and then a consensus would not be needed.
A consensus tis only required in order to give the argument some weight to people who dont understand the topic. If they understood it, they wouldnā€™t care much for the consensus, nor would it even need to be mentioned. But alas, not everyone has the time or inclination to actually look at the science and they MUST listen to the experts. Or not. Like yourself.

I also find it amusing all the agreeing scientists are making their living on grants by entities that are fully vested in having man made climate change.
This comment demonstrates just how far removed your ideas are from reality. Research scientists are paid to conduct research. Eg. Go count the number of X in area A, or measure temperature of Y in area B.
They are paid to do that regardless of the ā€outcomeā€. Once the numbers are in, assessments can be made.
There is ONE set of facts in this area. If you want new ā€œfactsā€œ (evidence) go conduct the research again. Pretty simple.
Whether or not the numbers support the idea has no bearing on whether the research is funded. Nil.
Meteroolgists, biologists, physicists etc will all have jobs regardless of the outcomes, as they always have.

I see the triplets posting the same info one gets from CNN and not doing any independent study.
CNN? What? Weā€˜ve shared plenty of resources from trusted sources. I donā€™t believe CNN has even been mentioned. Good play though. We shall apologise for not getting all of our info from MSNā€¦.

SK47 at least seems to have an open mind and is trying to find the truth.
Heā€™s a mile ahead of you, thatā€™s for sure.
You do realise that I wasnā€™t taught the science of climate change in school right? The reason for that will become clear shortlyā€¦

Also I posted some of the rules for radicals earlier in this thread and the tactic of destroying any opponents to the accepted view, is one of the rules.
I donā€™t recall seeing these rules but traditionally, when someone is talking out of their arse, people tend to call them out on it. Science doesnā€™t do ā€œalternative points of viewā€. It does data and itā€™s implications. There is plenty of debate taking place in the scientific community around this topic' but whether an increase in CO2 (or any GHG) can increase global temperature isnā€™t one of them. Thatā€™s a FACT. Observable, repeatable.

I will add an observation. It looks like the triplets have been taught what to think and not how to think. My experience with the public schools and our university systems only affirms that thought.
Thatā€™s an interesting observation and one that utterly goes against everything Iā€™ve experienced.
At the Catholic and Anglican schools I attended, they were all about dogma. Less so in the Anglican school, but it still existed.
Conversely, public schools tended to be more about ā€œhereā€™s what has been discoveredā€ā€¦.oh, and they even ran critical thinking coursesā€¦obviously the religious schools werenā€™t big on thatā€¦imagine if the kids started asking questions, the natural enemy of superstition.
Sponsored